PDA

View Full Version : Seamus 'strikes' again!

Divine Daisy
September 3rd, 2013, 09:19 PM
As many of you know Seamus is my somewhat eccentric Main Coon.

After no new incidents since the funeral debacle (which still makes me shudder) Seamus has been plodging through life in his usual oafish way. A visit to the pub every night, twice or thrice at weekends depend on who else is there, church on Sundays and as the brownies have been on their summer holidays he has had Wednesday night free. So all in all it has been a peaceful time in Daisy World.

Then the phone rang this afternoon...........

'Hello it's the doctor's surgery'
'Hello' says I, thinking...did I forget an appointment.
'Seamus has been sitting in the waiting room all afternoon and we are about to close. Could you pop over and collect him?'
'How do you know it's Seamus?' says I hopefully
'well everyone knows Seamus!'

I groaned but said, yes of course I will be there in a sec.

So off I went to discover that he had indeed been in the waiting room all afternoon, had sat next to this one until they were called in to see the doctor then sat by someone else. He had strolled into the play area when there were children in and has spent a fabulous 15 minutes playing ball with a young boy with chicken pox (nice.. I hope cat's can't be carriers). Two doctors had offered to see him without an appointment (which is more than anyone else gets I might add) but he seemed to decline that and simply moved on to the next stroking opportunity from another patient. After this long explanation from two receptionist and one doctor (mine) at the front desk I picked up my cat and left throwing the inevitable 'sorrys' over my shoulder.

6pm the telephone rings. He went back for evening surgery.

I sent Mr Daisy to fetch him

bkthomas
September 3rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
Thank You Dear Daisy - we just Love your Seamus!!!

Doloris
September 3rd, 2013, 09:27 PM
Seamus was just trying to "help". I love seamus and it seems everyone else does too. : )

PeggyM
September 3rd, 2013, 09:29 PM
You need to write a book. Seamus is quite a character.

alliek
September 3rd, 2013, 09:30 PM
Seamus is fodder for a book Daisy! I would love to read it. He's a wonder, wish I could meet him.:lol:

Dena1219
September 3rd, 2013, 09:31 PM
That Seamus, I love reading his adventures :D

Doloris
September 3rd, 2013, 09:31 PM
kinda makes you wonder who Seamus was in his prior lives. He's such a social fella

ilive2craft2
September 3rd, 2013, 09:33 PM
Seamus just likes to be petted - he found a place that people have to wait and made them happier as they waited. The docs should hire him to come in on days that they are behind schedule. Love your Seamus stories.

K. McEuen
September 3rd, 2013, 09:36 PM
I was going to say, did you ask the doctors if there were less complaints about the wait time in their office today?

bakermom
September 3rd, 2013, 09:44 PM
well they say pets relieve stress, so he was just providing a public service

Miss Sheri
September 3rd, 2013, 09:44 PM
Hahahahahahahaha!

Would you mind posting a picture of your little rascal? I would adore being able to put a face to the name.

Divine Daisy
September 3rd, 2013, 09:48 PM
Hahahahahahahaha!

Would you mind posting a picture of your little rascal? I would adore being able to put a face to the name.

here he is.........36 lbs of oaf

Doloris
September 3rd, 2013, 09:52 PM
doesn't he wear his shirt anymore?

Gayle8675309
September 3rd, 2013, 09:53 PM
LOL...that's hilarious! :D

Divine Daisy
September 3rd, 2013, 09:55 PM
doesn't he wear his shirt anymore?

sometimes lol

Miss Sheri
September 3rd, 2013, 09:58 PM
Oh My! What a guy! Thanks for sharing. [looks like there is WAY too much personality and attitude in that one!]

bdmsmith
September 3rd, 2013, 10:07 PM
I bet he would love a visit to the nursing home and they would probably never want to give him back. I can see why everyone gives him attention and pets him because he looks so darn soft.

EsGrandma
September 3rd, 2013, 10:11 PM
Love, love, love your Seamus stories!

Precious1
September 3rd, 2013, 10:11 PM
He's gorgeous. I think he knows it too. He was just doing his job of proving that you are his pet, lol. ( I believe they think humans are the pets) :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

pcbatiks
September 3rd, 2013, 10:18 PM
Daisy your stories always make me smile. Seamus is a celebrity in town!

KathyCrofoot
September 3rd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Oh my goodness! He's quite a character! My cats hide when people come to the door, never mind when they come in the door...

Monique
September 3rd, 2013, 10:30 PM
That is just the cat's meow. Too funny. Thanks for the smile.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 3rd, 2013, 10:35 PM
Another chapter in the book " The Life and Times of the Village Cat". He is certainly one of a kind! Some cats are just so people oriented!

Ginny B
September 3rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
Oh, Daisy, I love your Seamus stories. You definitely need to write a book.

nyscpa2be
September 3rd, 2013, 10:43 PM
Oh, just the stress reliever I needed tonight! Thanks for the funny story!

BellasQuilts
September 3rd, 2013, 11:01 PM
OMG, i love that cat! give himself a pet for us please!

laf512
September 3rd, 2013, 11:10 PM
Haha! This cracks me up! Seamus sounds like a special cat!

lilmouse
September 3rd, 2013, 11:33 PM
Yes Ms. Daisy; give him a good petting for all of us...he keeps us in stitches year round or so it seems....you do need to write a book about the adventures of Seamus...it would be an instant hit!

quiltingtrish
September 3rd, 2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the laughter Daisy. My husband and I are getting quite a chuckle with his adventures. He is so soft looking, sure wish I could pet him too.

Hugs,

HdWench
September 3rd, 2013, 11:45 PM
Seamus is helping out! Love reading about his adventures, and have to wonder who Needs him ? He is there for a reason, god sent so someone must be needing him soon? Yes, Karen I bet the waiting time complaints would drop when you have a sweet cat to pet!!

Cathy F
September 3rd, 2013, 11:58 PM
Oh Daisy, his adventures would makes a fabulous book!

auntiemern
September 4th, 2013, 12:00 AM
What a joyful fellow Seamus is. This story had me smiling the entire time I was reading. Now I am wondering what his next adventure will be.

easyquilts
September 4th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Good going, Seamus! What a character he just be! Thanks for the smile... Needed it...

Lisapc
September 4th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Thank you for another great story!

Musical_Starling
September 4th, 2013, 07:30 PM
So between Brownies, church, the pub, and now the doctor's office, I'd say Seamus is quite the "town runaround" as my Mom would say lol I tell all of Seamus' stories to DH and MIL and they both get such a giggle out of them! Thanks for sharing Daisy, and tell Seamus to keep up the antics because we love hearing about them :D