PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I hope this works!

kensington
September 3rd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Well, the family has come and gone... what a week. For a whole week we had 11 adults and 8 grandkids here laughing. swimming, playing, eating, sleeping.

I'll post pictures of that in a bit... But, right now, I am going to make a few posts of the finished basement finally. Well, you have seen some, but not all... so here we go... (My son rigged my computer so I can use it a bit) LOL

This is one of the first things you see when you come down the stairs to the new family area... one of my favorites and a hint to the theme I am striving for... ;-)

This is the Home Theater... which they all LOVED. TV is 70 inches and the kids were glued to their movies when they watched. They wanted to swim and watch movies! Nana SCORE!

This is the guest room off of Theater that has the redone bath I posted pics of before... Very private and nice. My quilt didn't come back, I'll post a pic of that in a few days; I think it turned out nice.

And this is where the magic happens... My snack bar! Woot! Another BIG Nana SCORE!!
We made Cotton Candy, had Snow Cones, Ice Cream, Pop Corn with every movie and I even have a stash of Movie Candy in my drawers and will continue to put in my old fashioned jars on the counter!

SuzyQue
September 3rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
What a fun space you have created! I bet those grands had a grand ole time at Nana's! You did a great job of your redo and I can imagine you had a crazy busy, but fun week with the family!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 3rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
Wow, it is just gorgeous! Great entertaining space! You dun good, NAna!

Grandma G
September 3rd, 2013, 04:50 PM
I love everything that you have done! What a terrific place to entertain. Better rest up because I am thinking everyone is already looking forward to a return visit especially the grandchildren. :icon_bigsmile:

I really, really love the backsplash. I was wanting to do that in my kitchen but my husband thinks it would make the kitchen too dark. We have white cabinets but black granite counter tops. I'll have to keep working on him about that...

Thanks for all the beautiful photos.

kensington
September 3rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
I love everything that you have done! What a terrific place to entertain. Better rest up because I am thinking everyone is already looking forward to a return visit especially the grandchildren. :icon_bigsmile:

I really, really love the backsplash. I was wanting to do that in my kitchen but my husband thinks it would make the kitchen too dark. We have white cabinets but black granite counter tops. I'll have to keep working on him about that...

Thanks for all the beautiful photos.

Show him my pics! We were going to black, red and white tiles, but no one carries the red, it's spc order. So we decided to go with black and white... bought them, laid them all out, we needed something and went back to HD... I had suggest this back splash before, an dh poohed the idea... but this time the man was talking to dad and told him it was the easiest thing to put in, last forever and looks great... I hear dh say... "Hey hon, what do you think of this?" I was all "Oh honey what a great idea YOU have, you are so smart, I think it will be good"... we took it home and put it up in about an hour. ROTFLOL. He's so funny. We took the tile back the next day. I love it. Everyone does. They have multiple patterns too at Home Depot.

kensington
September 4th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Wow, it is just gorgeous! Great entertaining space! You dun good, NAna!

Thanks Jean, I was wondering what you would think, you were very supportive during the process and I appreciate you!

HdWench
September 4th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Well there you are!! Been missing you wondering what you were up to. It is lovely and you really scored Nana!!! Now everyone has a favorite downstairs and I bet they are going to want to visit more often :-) hehehe Yes got to make HIM think it was his idea and everything turned out just beautiful. Really missed reading you posting and now I know why!! Omg all your family there, bet you had a great time too!

easyquilts
September 4th, 2013, 12:35 AM
No wonder Nana scored big time! The gkids must have had so much fun... You have a wonderful space.... Love those comfy looking chairs in the theater area... Good Job!

kensington
September 4th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Well there you are!! Been missing you wondering what you were up to. It is lovely and you really scored Nana!!! Now everyone has a favorite downstairs and I bet they are going to want to visit more often :-) hehehe Yes got to make HIM think it was his idea and everything turned out just beautiful. Really missed reading you posting and now I know why!! Omg all your family there, bet you had a great time too!

I'm tired. Today was the first day home alone. LOL. We had a blast. Laughed til it hurt. Cried a lot when they left. Missing them already. It's the circle of life.

Lisapc
September 4th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Well I think you did good! Now they have more of a reason to visit. Great job and I can't wait to see the quilt. I love the pictures of the movie food dancers the best!

bkthomas
September 4th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Your basement is beautiful!!!! So glad for you that it is done and that you had such a great time with your family!!!

kensington
September 4th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Well I think you did good! Now they have more of a reason to visit. Great job and I can't wait to see the quilt. I love the pictures of the movie food dancers the best!

That was easy... Download, print, frame. Well, paint the frames red first. They are cute.

kensington
September 4th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Your basement is beautiful!!!! So glad for you that it is done and that you had such a great time with your family!!!

I know, right. It's seems like it has taken a long time to get here. Thank you!

Andrea F
September 4th, 2013, 07:26 AM
What a georgeous space! I can imagine how much fun you all had - and how exhausting it was with so many people around. My hubby and DS#1 would be green with envy if they saw your theatre and the big tv.

Blondie
September 4th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Well, I'm impressed.

asta
September 4th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Certainly looks like a place where wonderful family memories will be made. Enjoy it!

Bubby
September 4th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Totally awesome!!

Iris Girl
September 4th, 2013, 07:42 AM
very nice entertainment space you have created. Looks like it rivals our local theater in size.

Cathy F
September 4th, 2013, 09:17 AM
What a wonderful space! Looks like they'll be wanting to spend more time at Nana's house!

lilmouse
September 4th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Great job! Nana! I love it!

MayinJerset
September 4th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Wonderful space for your family to gather. So glad you all enjoyed the Grand Opening and many, many more happy times together.

I also love the dancing food pictures, always loved the dancing hot dog commercial at the drive in movies.

Trish04
September 4th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Beautiful space and what a great nana score!!! What great memories you are creating!

New York Sue
September 4th, 2013, 12:34 PM
What a GREAT entertainment space! I LOVE it!

Lilly
September 4th, 2013, 03:30 PM
This is beautiful!! You have thought of everything - absolutely! I'm surprised they just didn't move in for good.

kensington
September 4th, 2013, 04:37 PM
What a GREAT entertainment space! I LOVE it!

Awww... thank you so much. I appreciate the kindness and support everyone has given me on this. It was rough, but you ladies were right, I did make it through. It's better than it was before, and it turned out great.

It was worth all the stress and work as you said. I just needed that occasional kick some of you ladies gave me to keep me on track with my part of it.

Come by any time and pick a movie and get some movie candy out of the drawer and enjoy your self! No reservations needed.

kensington
September 4th, 2013, 04:38 PM
This is beautiful!! You have thought of everything - absolutely! I'm surprised they just didn't move in for good.

Hahaha! My son and his family mentioned it a few times. Jokingly... I think. LOL.

Musical_Starling
September 4th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Can you be my Nana too? lol That's awesome! I can't blame them for thinking Nana is THE coolest kid on the block!

kensington
September 4th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Can you be my Nana too? lol That's awesome! I can't blame them for thinking Nana is THE coolest kid on the block!

My grandson said "nana, you have the best house ever!"

PeggyM
September 4th, 2013, 09:15 PM
My grandson said "nana, you have the best house ever!"

I think your grandson is right. I'm glad you enjoyed/survived the time.

Genny
September 4th, 2013, 11:24 PM
WOW...absolutely wonderful!!! :icon_tup:

ilive2craft2
September 4th, 2013, 11:35 PM
What a wonderful room to make lots of great memories in! Will you be my Nana? :) You have given me hope that someday, my house will be my house again....remodeling is a pain to live through......................glad to see you came out the other side smelling like a rose! :)