PDA

View Full Version : My curbside find (their trash my treasure)

Mchelem
September 3rd, 2013, 01:32 AM
My son, hubby and I were driving into our neighborhood after a really crappy day (MIL in hospital, they thought she had a stroke, turned out it was a seizure, and friend in car accident and surgery for rods in BOTH legs) And found this treasure. My son wasn't going to mention it, and I was in the backseat of the truck, legs stretched out, playing candy crush and not even looking, when I heard my husband say " hey, Michele, could you use that in your studio?" I looked up and immediately said "yes!!!"
We stopped, checked it out and loaded it up. She now has a new home.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 3rd, 2013, 01:33 AM
Way cool! Looks very handy!

bhaggerty
September 3rd, 2013, 01:34 AM
Lucky you!!

Loves2quilt
September 3rd, 2013, 01:42 AM
Nice, enjoy !

cyndiofthevortex
September 3rd, 2013, 02:06 AM
Awesome! You should be really happy with that find! Amazing that someone would just get rid of something as beautiful as that. Lucky you to find it!

Sorry life has been hard lately. I'm glad God gave you such a nice present to try to cheer you up some.

Bubby
September 3rd, 2013, 02:11 AM
What a wonderful find!!!! It will work out great in your sewing area. Congrats!!

lilmouse
September 3rd, 2013, 02:22 AM
What an awesome find...so happy for you! Sorry you had a rough few days! Sending hugs your way

Sew Perfect
September 3rd, 2013, 03:42 AM
Well would you look at that? What a handy find! :icon_tup:

nana margaret
September 3rd, 2013, 04:29 AM
I can't believe it was just sitting on the pavement, it must have been waiting for you - what a find!

shannonsaulter
September 3rd, 2013, 04:32 AM
Awesome find!!

Sheena
September 3rd, 2013, 04:51 AM
I'd have picked it up too! I'm always on the lookout for 'found' objects to recycle and I always put my unwanted items up for recycling - including my husband!

Terri
September 3rd, 2013, 05:25 AM
It's beautiful! I could find many uses for a piece like that. Wondering why someone would get rid of a piece like that, is there anything wrong with it?? Sorry you had such a rotten day, but at least this made up for a little bit of it.

Iris Girl
September 3rd, 2013, 06:22 AM
what a find!!!

easyquilts
September 3rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
What a terrific find! Lucky, you!

MayinJerset
September 3rd, 2013, 09:08 AM
Just what I've been looking for to put TV stuff and as storage for our recently remodeled TV, excuse me, Media room. No one in my area throws out good stuff like that. Looks as if you put it to immediate good use in your sewing room.

On the health front hope your MIL and friends heal quickly.

MRoy
September 3rd, 2013, 09:26 AM
What a great find! Congratulations. I hope your MIL recovers well too!

Lisapc
September 3rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
That is the exact cabinet that I envisioned lining the long wall in my sewing room with. The sewing room I dreamed of before we bought the house we did and before I fell into love with quilting. No room in my real sewing room. This is an amazing find and I am really glad you found it so you had a bright spot at the end of a difficult day.

bdmsmith
September 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
What an awesome find. It's gorgeous. It's amazing what some people throw away.

SuzyQue
September 3rd, 2013, 04:51 PM
First, prayers offered for your MIL and your friend. Second, what a great find! Third, a suggestion.....if you put that tv on the top of the cabinet, you will have a lot more room for stash!!! Enjoy!

Pandabear
September 3rd, 2013, 08:41 PM
Very nice!

Mimi2boys
September 3rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Terrific find. Best of all the 'price' was excellent. Great addition to your sewing space.

MartinaG
September 3rd, 2013, 08:53 PM
Lucky you! It fits in there perfectly.

ilive2craft2
September 3rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Hoping MIL and friend are feeling better. Sounds like a rough week, but you found a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow. Great cabinet and what a good use for it. Love to find great things in other people's trash. :)

Genny
September 3rd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Lucky you! I've been wanting one of these for a long time. Great find!

alliek
September 3rd, 2013, 09:32 PM
Sweeeeeet find!

Mchelem
September 3rd, 2013, 11:44 PM
First, prayers offered for your MIL and your friend. Second, what a great find! Third, a suggestion.....if you put that tv on the top of the cabinet, you will have a lot more room for stash!!! Enjoy!

That's my computer lol. I don't have a tv in the studio yet. The underneath has lots of room for fabric and storage, and I like being ale to close up the computer when I leave at night.

auntiemern
September 4th, 2013, 12:32 AM
What a great treasure for you to find. So sorry you have had such turmoil in your life recently. Praying that things get better. By the looks of it, it already has.