PDA

View Full Version : My hobble to Joann's.....

bubba
September 2nd, 2013, 05:55 PM
Crikey! The parking lot should have been a clue! Parked in the last handicap slot available and went inside....oh, it didn't look too bad. Till you get back by the cutting table! Thanks goodness I was not there for fabric! Went to grab some batting, and rats! Out of the one I wanted that was on sale! Grabbed an alternate that will be just as fine, but not on sale. Picked up some thread at 40% off and some buttons on clearance...97 cents that were normally $3.95!!

Walked up to get in line.....just found out why all the cars are in the lot! Two clerks checking out!!!! Twenty people in line! To include someone that was in front of me buying material for a dress for her two year old daughter that was with her for her next beauty pageant!!! I didn't even know they did those things up here!!! And her child was a terror....yes, I may have given her the stink eye.

Now I am about ten from the front when someone walks by who happened to be my oldest sister! I saw she had only one thing so I told her to give it to me so she didn't have to wait fifteen more people back in the fast growing line. Silly girl....she went and stood in line!

I waited for her so I could tell her about Matilda. She was soooooo funny! 'I'd like to come over just to touch her if I can someday' I was laughing hysterically! I drove her to her car in the back 40 because she wanted to show me something. She has been making baskets using 3/4" strips of fabric and clothesline! The are beautiful! I suggested she teach me how to make some too, so now, for a lesson on Matilda (she is a good bargainer), she will!

I think I laughed all the way back home.....touch Matilda....really!!!! hahahhaha!!

lilmouse
September 2nd, 2013, 07:35 PM
My JoAnn's was slow today....finally had to call for help at the fabric cutting table as I was getting my lone fabric cut; for the first time all day! I was in and out of there....had to pick up some dark brown solid; scored 4 yards with a 40% off coupon...yeah for me! Kona's premium Exspresso....love the color!

Lisapc
September 2nd, 2013, 08:39 PM
I completely avoided Joann's today and the LQS because of the sales. I missed out on a lot of good stuff I bet but the aggravation it saved me means more. I'll be going tomorrow to the LQS for a friend anyway.

asta
September 2nd, 2013, 08:51 PM
In the past at my local JoAnn's if they are out of stock on a sale item you can order one and have it shipped to the store-you get the sale price but have to wait and return to the store for pick-up but for me, I end up there anyhow.

nyscpa2be
September 2nd, 2013, 08:56 PM
I ended up driving an hour to a Joanns for more shopping. I needed to go to Macy's to exchange a suit coat, and the big Joanns is right across the road. Bought another two pack of blades for my rotary cutter, and then a new rotary cutter - my original is straight, I got a curved one instead to help my wrist. I also got a new bobbin case so I have one for the Brother and one for the Juki (the bobbins are both clear, but slightly different in size), a measuring seam thingy for Mom, and a beautiful tray from the Fall aisle for my dresser top. Mom kept complaining that I had makeup on an antique dresser - apparently thats a bad thing.

PeggyM
September 2nd, 2013, 10:11 PM
I went to Joann's today. The parking lot wasn't full, and only six people ahead of me at the cuttting table. However, they each had at least 10 bolts of fabric in their cart, and only two people cutting. I'm a patient woman, but the lady ahead of me was fuming. I used the wait time to find thread for me, and a princess coloring book for my DGD. Time management:)