PDA

View Full Version : What a great Day

Lonna
September 1st, 2013, 09:31 PM
Today was a good day spent the afternoon in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Walked around people watching and yes indeed it was a people watching day. This weekend it is Southern Decadence down on Bourbon street. Yes we did get an eyeful. The day was spent with my daughter Amber and with our best friend Sue. Had a great time being with the both of them.

Well then we get home and Wayne tells me he needs a pair of scissors out of my sewing room. So off to the sewing room I go. Now for the life of me I don't know why he was wanting me to go and get my new pinking shears for. Well it seems last night when I was browsing around on the internet looking at the prices of the Ott lights over at Joanns and dreaming of these lights making a wish list for Christmas Wayne as paying attention. He told me to go ahead and order one. I told him no way as even with them on sale for 50% off they were still over a hundred dollars. We live payday to payday and this fits no where in our budget. The lamp that I was looking at was the floor lamp model. Well to get to the point as I walk into my sewing room there stands an Ott light floor model just like I wanted. Come to find out you can get the same (as far as I can tell) lamp from Lowes for $50.00 the only difference is the one from Joann's is a dove gray in color and the one from Lowes is black. What a wonderful husband I have. Just wanted to share with you all this great day I had for a change and not being a downer of a person.

dizzyLiz
September 1st, 2013, 09:37 PM
Lonna,

You are never a downer. I'm so glad you had such a great day. Sigh New orleans......it's on my bucket list. I'll holler for you when I get to come visit. If you ever make it to SC, we can do Charleston........so far it is one of my fav places. Your Dh is such a sweetie, you better keep him.

Liz

Lonna
September 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
Liz I will have to take you up on that. I was born in S.C. but family moved away when I was only 6 months old. Still have family living on the coast of both N.C. and S.C. You make sure to let me know if you every make it to the Big Easy.

HandsOffItsMine
September 1st, 2013, 09:44 PM
(((Lonna and Wayne))) you deserve a great day and I'm glad that Wayne surprised you with that lamp! What a guy!!

Huggers, Ruby and Don

pcbatiks
September 1st, 2013, 09:44 PM
Lonna...........you just lifted my mood!! That is so great........Wayne surprising with the lamp! I am so happy for you..........glad you had a great day today! Don't ever think that you are being a downer person..........we are your friends & we care about you & your family. Now go enjoy that lamp! Le me know how you like the lighting. I tried mine today & liked it.......should be even better after I change the bulb. Yay, Lonna! :icon_woohoo:

Jean Sewing Machine
September 1st, 2013, 09:45 PM
What a sweet thing for him to do for you! You deserve a great day! Glad it was soo good for you!

alliek
September 1st, 2013, 09:55 PM
Lonna, what a sweet gift, he wanted you to have your hearts desire. Love that. Made me smile, thank you. Have a great week.

MRoy
September 1st, 2013, 11:14 PM
Lonna, I'm so happy for you and for Wayne! Wishing you a good week ahead.

Lisapc
September 1st, 2013, 11:33 PM
You are no downer. You amaze me with how positive and supportive you are to everyone despite what you and your family are going through.

That is an amazing deal and you deserve it!

K. McEuen
September 1st, 2013, 11:37 PM
I didn't realize that Lowe's even sold Ottlights. Glad you all had a good time, although I get the feeling that you probably get an eyeful whenever there's a party in New Orleans.

Lisapc
September 2nd, 2013, 01:10 AM
Lonna: Please tell Wayne thank you for the info. Look at these prices.

Shop ottlite at Lowes.com: Search Results (http://www.lowes.com/Search=ott+lite?storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&N=0&newSearch=true&Ntt=ott+lite#)!

SuzyQue
September 2nd, 2013, 01:17 AM
What a sweetie and you so deserve a little happiness, especially right about now! Congrats on the new light and give that dear man an extra hug!

bkthomas
September 2nd, 2013, 01:36 AM
I am so glad to hear that you had such a fun day and that lamp is the cherry on top!!!