PDA

View Full Version : Quilt Shops in and Around Egan MN

KathyCrofoot
September 1st, 2013, 07:55 PM
I'll be at a 1 day workshop on Saturday 9/21 in Egan MN. If I can get into town early enough on Friday ( I can't leave her much before 10 or 11 am and it is a 4 1/2-5 hr drive), I'd love to visit a LQS in the neighborhood. Or if you know of any that would be open on Sunday (most around here are not open on Sundays) I'd love to stop in and shop.

Murphy
September 1st, 2013, 08:48 PM
I have never been here but this looks like a cool place :) Quilt Cove...fabric,quilting supplies,kits,blocks of the month,patterns (http://www.quiltcove.com).

bubba
September 1st, 2013, 09:01 PM
It was hard to tell if this shop was still open or not, but they have a very active FB page, so I'd have to assume they are! Lucky you!

A shop I'd really like to go to is Blue Bamboo in Plymouth MN......per the internet it is 30 mins to the west of Eagan.

Lilly
September 2nd, 2013, 12:06 AM
Hey Kathy - I live in Eagan MN! Quilt Cove is indeed alive and well. However on Friday AM they will be having Quater Inch Club in the morning. The Owner showcases all the mew material and tools and books for about an hour and then we have show n tell and cookies and a drawing. She has wonderful material etc and lots of quilts on the walls. However, my favorite QS is still about a mile down the road; Mill Ends Fabric. It is not the shiniest store on the block but they have great deals and a great coupon every month. They have wonderful materials at great prices but you do have to be careful because some material is seconds. I seldom go to Quilt Cove without a visit to Mill Ends. There is another LQS a little further away that I've never been to in Rosemount Mn - the name excapes me. I plan on checking that out this week. Why don't you pm me. Maybe we could meet for lunch or tea. Let me know where in Eagan your meeting is and at least I can get you good directions.