PDA

View Full Version : I went to JoAnns today and all I got was stuff for my husband!

Quilted Fantasies
September 1st, 2013, 05:06 PM
Well I never thought I'd be saying that...

They didn't have the fabric I wanted.
They didn't have the ruler I wanted.
They didn't have the thread holder I wanted.

To be fair, I must say I am real picky about my quilting stuff...I'm a fabric snob, thread snob, needle snob, pin snob, etc etc etc. I would have been real surprised if they had anything I wanted.

I'm not so picky about my husband's wardrobe. He likes the Hawaiian-style shirts, but unfortunately, he has grown out of the ones he has. Now I haven't sewn clothing in years, but since tomorrow is our 24th wedding anniversary and those shirts will be simple to make, I decided to bite the bullet. I came home armed with a $1.99 pattern, 2 pieces of fabric off the clearance table, interfacing, and buttons. I spent $20. Pretty good haul and not a bad price for two shirts!

Last time I sewed for him was several years ago when he asked me to patch his jeans. I said, "sure", and then I used the opportunity to practice my fm quilting techniques. His jeans were returned to him with the patches he requested. They were stippled and had fm hearts, stars, flowers, and the word "love". He hasn't asked me to patch anything since.:icon_heh:

HdWench
September 1st, 2013, 05:10 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh I like that idea!!!! I make Hawaiian print shirts for my hubby, he loves those bright colors and still have one in Parrots to do... Got to remember when someone asks me to "mend" something to really do it so well they don't ask again hahahaha!