PDA

View Full Version : It's Tuesday here!!

Sandy Navas
March 15th, 2011, 09:45 AM

I sure don't want to usurp Blondie's wishes for the morning, but I evidently beat her to the computer today and felt we needed something to cheer us. Sure hope she's doing well - better than she has been. We miss her humor here, don't we?

Okay, buddies, here's the scoop. I did take apart Zoe's original quilt top and have cut 'bricks' from different fabric, laid it all out and started stitching. I finished 25 blocks and started stringing them together yesterday. Maybe I'll be able to get a picture this afternoon. Meanwhile have an appointment this morning to get 'zapped' in my left hip to see if I have possible nerve damage there . . . sure hope not - but Hey, what do they do if they do find damage? Scary proposition, for sure.

To all our survivors out there, GREAT BIG CHEERS. We women folk are stronger than we are given credit for. To all those with snotty noses - here's to clearing them up real soon. May you all get better soon.

To everyone facing some type of challenge - I wish you courage, strength, and - of course - humor.

And to anyone who doesn't fall into those categories - and to everyone who does - have a wonderful, fun-filled, sunny day filled with health, wealth, and happiness.

Happy Quilting!!

Monique
March 15th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Good morning Sandy. I too hope Blondie gets better soon. Today we are going to take my granddaughter maybe to a museum and then to the wave-pool. She is on March break and spending the week with us. Sadoria is almost 8 and a real pleasure to have. I think we are starting with a cold but it is not going to keep us down, not today.

Not much quilting will be done this week. I just received my layer cakes and can't wait to start a quilt.

Oh well, have a wonderful day everyone.

I hope all that are sick, get well soon.

Monique

sally
March 15th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Morning...Thank you Snady for the good cheer. Monique I am in the southern interior of BC. guessour worst threat is wildfires, We have had a few scares over the years. Speaking of mother nature has anyone heard form Jan. THe news was talking about several New York rivers ice jamming up and causing flooding. I pray that Jan is not part of that! My day wnet surprizingly (if that's a word) well yesterday and last night I finshed my hubby's nightshirt. Tonight I am going to "try" some machine quilting or some hand quilting on a sample baby quilt. Gosh I am so adventorous (spelled wrong)...lol!
SHAUNA

sally
March 15th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Sandy not Snady(some day when I learn to type with all my fingers I might get my letters in order)...lol

Connie Chamberlain
March 15th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Yes it Tuesday,we get to go into town for our grocery's.I hope i can stop at my local quilt store even if it's just to say hello.
Shauna,my fingers do the same thing.Connie C

patticakes
March 15th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Tuesday for sure! Thanks for all the well wishes. Cold has moved to my head. Uggg!

Hope you feel better - Cathy, Blondie and all with full "snot lockers".
Monique - have fun with your DGD.
Sandy - glad you got the quilt going in a different direction so you will be pleased with it. Good luck at your appt today!
Shauna - I've been worried about Jan too. Hope their power isn't out or worse! Hope she checks in soon.
Gina - Hope you are starting to thaw out up north! Good luck on the move!

Just threw my diet out the window in search of some comfort food to ease the pain of this stoopid cold! I did drag myself to work but think I will go home early. Just need some more sleep even though I went to bed at 5 pm last night with my quilting spread all over the house and I did not even care! I'll pick up when I feel better.
Toodles!

janluna
March 15th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Good morning everyone, No Shauna, I'm safe here. Most of the flooding is in the southern tier of NY.
Thank you for thinking of me. I just haven't been online. No reason.
Blondie hope you are getting your strength back. Please take care of you.
Paula, Have they got you on the nutrapenic diet? They had my granddaughter on that. No fresh fruits or veggies. Everything has to be eaten hot within 20 minutes of being prepared, no leftovers and the list goes on. It's a pain but keeps you safe. The good news you can have Ice Cream and fudge. LOL And anything that is boiled within an inch of decimation. Everything has to be pasteurized including said ice cream. I'm so sorry honey, it makes eating difficult.
Sandy they did that test on me and found nerve damage to my back and legs esp. the right one. Lovely little test isn't it? I'm being sarcastic here. They tell you yes you have nerve damage and oh well learn to live with it.
Well, everyone have a good day. It is warmer here but kind of damp but at least the sun is shinning. Or at least I think that's what that big yellow thing is in the sky. I'm not sure as I haven't seen it in so long I forgot what it looked like.
Prayers for everyones health to get better and to keep it that way.
Trish prayers are still coming your way.
Gina I can't wait till you get all moved. I wish I could help you, we have a truck. Hugs, Jan

toggpine
March 15th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks for your well wishes. Breathing is pretty much the main order of the day.
Patti, do it. Go home ad take a nap. I'd try, but my daughter keeps poking me. "Mommy the sunshiney is up." "Mommy, You sick?" or some variation thereof. I am glad she is feeling better than I am, I think.
Jan I am glad to hear from you. We were worried when you didn't pop in and say "Hi".
I wish I could be as cheerful as Sandy, but I think the best I can do today is wish you all a snot free day!
Take care, Cathy

shawnan
March 15th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I certainly hope that everyone is beginning to send those colds packing. I'm sure you're getting tired of them.

:icon_scared: Is there an icon for "knock on wood" because I'm about to say something and don't want to put a curse on myself. I've been lucky in the catch-a-cold department. I'd like to see that continue.

Today is my Serger Club at my Pfaff dealer. I got a very nice new serger for Christmas and now am learning to use it. I have the greatest dealer in the world!! and so knowledgeable I might actually be able to get the hang of it from her teaching. I am having lots of fun.

Tomorrow is a day trip for us, and I am looking forward to that. We will just be doing several errands as well as shopping. Living in a rural area, you have to plan for all the things you can get/do that are not available on a daily basis.

Enjoy your day.
Nancy
:icon_wave:

middlesis1966
March 15th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Afternoon Ladies!!!!! I hope everyone is doing so much better today. I know that I sure am. Man I didnt realize that with the white blood cell crash just how wiped out I was. Today I would do cartwheels if I could, but I got a fill today and Im abit sore. So I will have to do them in my mind.
Jan Im so glad to see you safe and sound. I was a bit worried about ya. Yes I am on a very stricted diet. I cant eat the healthy stuff cause it could land me in a world of hurt. But hey I can have plenty of chocolate. Yahoo!! Again mental cart wheels!! Its abit ruff because the chemo has left me with a tummy that cant handle much. Fruits and salads were a comfort on my tummy and now that is gong to be a challege, but I will whip this in the bud.
Nancy have fun with the new serger. Ive yet to get mine out the box. I dont know why but I am.
Patti go home and get some rest. I do the same thing girl! I try and tuff it out sometimes wonder why. Mac and cheese is the best!
Monique enjoy your day!!
Shauna good to see Im not the only one, lol.
Well all Im off to find some chocolate, lol. Take care!

Onetiredmomma
March 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Good afternoon! I worked from home today and it's been a good day. Got some work work done and also some house work done. I'm thanking God for an easy day, because I've got some jam packed ones here coming up. I hope Blondie feels better soon.

I keep praying for all those in Japan. Things don't look good. I pray that God keeps his hands on those people and guides the scientists in charge of the power plants. I feel so blessed today, and I hope all if you are blessed today, too.

quiltingtrish
March 15th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the beautiful flowers Sandy.
Not much going on here except me getting ready to go away on Thursday for the weekend. I like to have the wash caught up along with clean sheets and towels, make sure there is enough food here for the guys, pick up here and there and run the broom - why is it we do all this and we women aren't here to enjoy it all! haha! A guy leaves for a few days and he just grabs his stuff and goes. Am I right?
No sewing again tonight - have too much to get ready for me to leave - there it is again. haha.
Well, everyone - hope you have a good rest of the evening. I'm home alone so should get lots done with noone underfoot. Maybe if I put on some music, my stuff will get done faster. Oooh! I'll put Blondie's music on from her Blog. I always love what she picks out.

Hugs,