PDA

View Full Version : First day of September..

MayinJerset
September 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM
and I'm off to a slow start. Sat down on new soft leather couch after a late breakfast and took a cat nap. DH was watching some sports show so I just closed my eyes for a second and next thing I knew it was a half hour later.
Instead of cleaning fridge, baking some bacon for lunch sandwiches as planned I'm getting dressed and out to the supermarket. We're low on milk and need fresh lemons for our ice tea, at least I'll get something done this morning.

Hope everyone else is lazing around today, we have an extra day to do that this weekend.

PeggyM
September 1st, 2013, 11:56 AM
No nap today. I had a three-hour one yesterday. I drove 6 hours after a five hour sleep. Now it's finish unpacking the car, pick up the dog and laundry, laundry, laundry. No complaints, though. Had the best time of my life with the extended family at the beach.

aliaslaceygreen
September 1st, 2013, 12:18 PM
Good morning! Trying a little de-sensistizing therapy with Tatia and Neko today. Tati actually GOT OFF the ironing board and LEFT the studio. First time in a week...(power to the vacuum)....
Only a bit of hissing and growling and one VERY brave kitty...
Must bind a wall hanging and then embellish today...

Happy September!

Madeforyouinma11
September 1st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Morning everyone. Today is a dreary day outside which makes it a perfect day to finish a quilt. Need to piece a backing and then sandwich and quilt. I'm using the class from Craftsy for my backing. I used it on another quilt I made and you can't see the seam. Hoping to do it again with this one. Hope everyone has a great day!

ilive2craft2
September 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM
Morning everyone! I slept in today--missed the gorgeous DD, but it would have blown my fabric diet anyway. Our son is home for a visit. Mom got released from the hospital-no pacemaker, same weird deal with her BP, so they adjusted meds again. It would have been my parents 57tb wedding anniversary today.

Had the fantasy football draft party last night at a friends--we usually host, but kitchen and bath remodel are a little behind schedule, but starting to see progress - shower has tile, just needs grouted, cabinets have arrived, etc, so I am even more anxious to be done. Really tired of living in a construction zone.

Supposed to go play pool volleyball, but might go hide in my sewing room instead.

Hugs and prayers for all.

Sheena
September 1st, 2013, 04:02 PM
I take it you've got a holiday in America?

JCY
September 1st, 2013, 07:04 PM
There never is "sleeping in" at my house, since I am the caregiver for DH. I am up at 5 a.m. every day. I went to early church at 8:30 - I play the organ for services. Then a stop at my local natural groc. for Kambucha. Do you drink that? Also bought beets & yams to cook up. I just finished putting everything in the freezer. I had 8 cont. of yams, & 8 of beets. Now I can relax the rest of the day. I can't get my machine into the shop until Tues. I've had withdrawal all week from no sewing! :( JCY

alliek
September 1st, 2013, 09:49 PM
I take it you've got a holiday in America? Yes Sheena it is called "Labor Day" BUT noone is supposed to "labor" on that day! LOL The holiday takes place on the first Monday of September and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It is a tribute to the contributions of workers to the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country. However, over the years the retail community has seen fit to make Labor day a day of big sales and discounts, therefore, many of the "workers" of this country have to WORK. Banks,and other financial business, schools etc are closed and families enjoy a three day weekend. This also has become a kind of "end of summer" mark here. Now you see all the fall and maybe winter stuff appear. For some., it also marks the beginning of the school year, with students returning on Tuesday for the first day of school. Hope this helps. :icon_wave:

Ginny B
September 1st, 2013, 10:24 PM
Been a really great weekend and another day still to come! :) Saturday, my sister was still here and we did a bit of cooking together -- roasted red peppers, a big pot of marinara sauce made with tomatoes from the farm, blanched and froze green beans. Then dh bbq'd some burgers and we sure enjoyed them. Today, dh and I went to the beach in the morning even though it was a bit on the cloudy/chilly side. The sun peaked out before we left so it turned out to be a nice morning. Then we just puttered about the house doing this and that and then dh bbq'd a loin of pork and some vidalia onions. Now we are watching some pre-season football and tomorrow we will probably go to Home Depot to order the new sink for our bathroom (maybe breakfast at the diner first) and then the rest of the day will just happen. I will be sewing a bit for sure and just enjoying my extra weekend day.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Sleep well everyone.

toggpine
September 1st, 2013, 10:36 PM
We have gotten some things done around here. The desk that has taken 8 years to refinish is now set up in the guest room/office. I realized that by putting the computer down here that I have lost my iTunes and the quick way to check in with all y'all.
Good news is that maybe, maaaybe, by the end of the week I won't have to sew on the TV trays any longer. I have to clean out the now vacated corner of the sewing space and do some shuffling of furniture.
Em will have her "new" school work desk and "Radish" colored chair in the next day or two.
Here is to hoping that this all works out and doesn't end up a bigger mess.

Sheena
September 2nd, 2013, 05:17 AM
Thank you alliek. Yes that helps. We had a 'bank holiday' last weekend and our schools go back this week - on different days though. My 2 sons are back in on Wednesday.