PDA

View Full Version : Our kitty is missing

cyndiofthevortex
September 1st, 2013, 03:53 AM
We have outdoor cats but keep them inside at night when the area fisher cats roam. Our lovely mama kitty, Mittens, has not been seen for over 12 hours. I am very worried and have gotten up every hour to call for her. She is never far from home and always comes when I call. Please, if you have a minute, pray for sweet little Mittens.

dwil23
September 1st, 2013, 03:57 AM
Saying a prayer for her now. I know how hard it is when you can't find them. Please keep us posted.

HdWench
September 1st, 2013, 04:02 AM
Cyndi you bet I'm putting her in my prayers and look forward to see the posting she came when you call the next time!! Thanks for posting a photo - Mental images help with prayers. From a crazy cat lady, when you go out and call - Try to make it your normal "come in now" call - I swear they sense our feelings and voices when they hear panic!

Hulamoon
September 1st, 2013, 04:13 AM
:( I hope she comes home. My cat's are indoor/ outdoor. I had one for 19 yrs! But I have lost a few. Some left when I brought a new kitty in. People here poison too. Sick isn't it.

Edit... I shouldn't of brought up the poison. Sorry about that. We had a series of stories about it.

Everyone thinks that in Hawaii there is the aloha and it isn't always the case.

Renate
September 1st, 2013, 04:51 AM
Come home little Mittens, where you are loved and comforted

Sheena
September 1st, 2013, 07:50 AM
Oh no, that's terrible. It's so worrying when one goes missing. My Beau went missing for two weeks and I found her in a nearby garden. Her collar had got under her armpits somehow and was hurting her. Her brother, Mr Spiky went missing for nine months and I found him down a lane about a mile away. I brought him home and he stayed for two days and went off again. I think he's living on the canalside and somebody is feeding him.

I hope your kitty comes home soon.

Suzette
September 1st, 2013, 08:17 AM
I hope this morning finds little Mittens on your doorstep. I too have had indoor/outdoor cats that have disappeared for a day or two at a time. My prayers are with you and sweet Mittens.

Bubby
September 1st, 2013, 08:24 AM
I'm praying for Mittens. I know how upsetting this is. Hugs...

lourixe
September 1st, 2013, 08:32 AM
Been there a month ago.
Fortunately my Bruna was home the next day: she had enjoyed her short adventure but enjoyed much more being back home. I'm sure by the time I write this, Mittens is already missing her family and her cozy quilt, and walking her way back.

MRoy
September 1st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Praying that Mittens comes home soon!

aliaslaceygreen
September 1st, 2013, 09:55 AM
Oh Mittens! Come home! Look at that lovely quilt you could curl up on!

Lisapc
September 1st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Poor kitty and poor you. I would be frantic and of course I am praying. People think with the size of my dogs they are out by themselves. Well we have fisher cats (they eat the woodchucks) and I don't leave them outside alone at night ever.

pcbatiks
September 1st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Sure hope Mittens hears you calling and comes home today......our fur babies are always part of the family aren't they.

cyndiofthevortex
September 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM
MITTENS CAME HOME! Naughty, naughty kitty! When I'm through loving on her I will pretend to be mad. Not that cats care about things like that. You sure can't shame a cat! She was missing for 19 hours. That is a long time for a kitty who is always around. I was up every hour or so calling her so I got hardly any sleep. (Helped me to get the DD before it sold out but that's another story. Shopping online when you're upset is never a good thing!)

Thank you for praying for her return. I know I have God to thank for keeping her safe and bringing her home, and I thank you for talking to him on my behalf. I really, really appreciate it.

PeggyM
September 1st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Hooray! Give her lots of kitty love.

bubba
September 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
I have never heard of these fisher cat creatures, so had to resort to google. Just what are they??? They look like a cross between some kind of monkey and a bear! Are they a nuisance animal (like a possum or raccoon) or????

K. McEuen
September 1st, 2013, 12:26 PM
We have to worry about coyotes here, well not so much right where I live now (middle of town), but when we were on base they got people's cats and small dogs all the time.

Had a cat when I was a kid that would go missing for a day or two at time. Found out he liked to sneak into my neighbors garage and sleep when they guy opened it to go to work and sometimes he got shut in there a bit longer than I'm sure he planned.

Madeforyouinma11
September 1st, 2013, 12:35 PM
So glad Mittens is home safe and sound. Now I think both of you should curl up with that beautiful quilt and take a nap. :)

Gayle8675309
September 1st, 2013, 12:43 PM
I will pray that Mittens comes home soon.

Oops...just saw that she came home...yay!!!

Hulamoon
September 1st, 2013, 01:22 PM
Yeah I'm so happy for you! We don't have prey here except for the human variety. I had four kittys disappear in one year. I did flyers and tried my best.

When I was on the mainland redoing my aunties house the neighbors two cat's would come over. I gave them some kibble, but I was feeding the raccoons, squirrels, skunks and birds too. My camera was flooded. lol But she was okay with it and knew they might be there. Everyone knew who's cat's they were. I could see them out the window cruising all over.

I wish I knew where mine went.

lourixe
September 1st, 2013, 01:22 PM
MITTENS CAME HOME! Naughty, naughty kitty! When I'm through loving on her I will pretend to be mad. Not that cats care about things like that. You sure can't shame a cat! She was missing for 19 hours. That is a long time for a kitty who is always around. I was up every hour or so calling her so I got hardly any sleep. (Helped me to get the DD before it sold out but that's another story. Shopping online when you're upset is never a good thing!)

Thank you for praying for her return. I know I have God to thank for keeping her safe and bringing her home, and I thank you for talking to him on my behalf. I really, really appreciate it.

As I earlier said, I understand your worry and I am very happy Mittens is back where she belongs, safe and sound.

easyquilts
September 1st, 2013, 01:34 PM
Oh no, Cyndi! You must be frantic.... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your previous Mittens... Please let us know when she comes home...

Suzette
September 1st, 2013, 02:38 PM
Wonderful!!! I know the anxiety of a cat that's gone AWOL. Sooo happy she's home safe & sound!! :icon_happy:

Sheena
September 1st, 2013, 03:12 PM
That's great news.

Sheena
September 1st, 2013, 03:14 PM
I didn't know what a fisher cat was either. It looks really nasty. We don't have anything like that in England, or racoons. I can't imagine how frightening it must be to have these awful things creeping around.

nyscpa2be
September 1st, 2013, 04:23 PM
So happy Mittens is home!

HdWench
September 1st, 2013, 04:32 PM
:icon_hug: SO happy to wake up and read Mittens is HOME!!! Naughty girl, you are sew loved and get to sleep on Gorgeous quilts - Stay inside and live a long happy life :-) hehehe Pretending to be mad at cats, oh Cyndi you tickle me!! They do reverse psychology on us when we do that ROFLMBO! Truly I am happy you were very blessed by her safe return! No more "outings" dear Mittens!!!

After losing 2 of my hearts delight in Alburq. NM, I learned too much about lost cats and cat trapping and rescue. None of my cats go outdoors (and in Arizona we have Coyotes and Bob Cats! yikes)... they are all microchipped now as well to help with recovery!

If you can find out where she went (ie which neighbor is feeding outside!!!) maybe next time it will not be so frantic? I am SO happy for you dear Cyndi! PHEW a blessing indeed

dwil23
September 1st, 2013, 10:21 PM
Yeah!!!!! I'm getting ready for work and started wondering so I came here to check. We have to worry about coyotes here, too - I have seen them in our neighborhood, but it has been a few years. A friends cat was killed by something recently and she lives in a much more densely populated area than we do. Apparently they aren't native to this area, but construction and development have driven them south. In the past 10 years I have lost two cats and a little Chihuahua and have always wondered if they were the victims of coyotes or alligators. We also have fox and bobcats. So glad she is home.

easyquilts
September 1st, 2013, 10:27 PM
YAY, Mittens! So glad to hear your sweet kitty is home!

KathieB
September 1st, 2013, 11:15 PM
Happy to hear that Mittens found her way home!

phoots
September 2nd, 2013, 01:31 AM
Cyndi, I'm so glad to hear that Mittens is home...FINALLY!!! But, please, what is a fisher cat? I haven't googled it yet, but please tell me. My BF and I recently lost a 7 wk old kitten in an accident. We are both so cautious with the one 7 wk old we have left. We're terrified to lose this sweet kitty. Anyway, I'm so happy that Mittens is home and safe!

Pam in Vegas

Lisapc
September 2nd, 2013, 01:39 AM
I am thrilled Mitten's is home and here is some info on the Fisher Cat.

http://www.tillysnest.com/2011/07/my-neighbor-called-me-today-and-told-me.html

They are very big and very viscous. Ours are the size of raccoon's and the sounds they make when they are attacking are horrible. It sounds like something is being torn apart alive. They are like an over grown weasel on radioactive steroids!

We have Coyotes, bears and bobcats around here and I would rather take on all 3 than 1 fisher cat.

dwil23
September 2nd, 2013, 06:09 AM
I had never heard of a Fisher Cat, either. Very interesting - I agree we need to co-exist with wild animals whenever possible, especially the native species, they are here for a reason. We just have to keep our fur babies safe. Now, non-native species, that's a whole other issue. Here in Florida and other southern states we are dealing with toxic toads that were imported from Australia and will kill a dog or cat in seconds if they get the poison in their mouth, eyes or nose. It makes me so mad that I can't even let my dogs outside for a few minutes without checking the yard first.