PDA

View Full Version : I am guilty of dog shaming

nyscpa2be
August 31st, 2013, 11:49 AM
This is Tobey. Aka the thief. Also the namesake behind Tobeysmama. The pic is also on Facebook.

Lisapc
August 31st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Poor Tobey. We had Pizza the other night and they had to wait until after dinner but when we were done eating I cut up a piece for each of them and they got their own. Maybe Tobey needs to learn a little patience.

Gayle8675309
August 31st, 2013, 11:54 AM
LOL...he looks guilty!

MayinJerset
August 31st, 2013, 12:05 PM
BAD DOGGIE, You ate Mama's pizza! Have to say he does look like he is sorry.

MRoy
August 31st, 2013, 12:44 PM
Poor Tobey! :)

asta
August 31st, 2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks for sharing, I needed a good laugh this morning!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 31st, 2013, 12:53 PM
Bad doggie! He is in the doghouse with my granddog Bella, who opened the garage door and escaped this morning and let me on a 30 minute merry chase to get her back home. She is on my "bad" list today, and I won't let her sleep on my bed anymore!

Madeforyouinma11
August 31st, 2013, 01:07 PM
Aww...so cute! Is he just a puppy? He'll learn. We have a 3 year old lab. Hubby and I usually eat in the living room when it's just the two of us so we can watch TV. Benny is always right there in case we drop anything..lol. BUT, I have to say, he is now a very good dog, as we can leave the room with two platefuls of food sitting on the coffee table and he won't even get up anymore, unless its to follow us back into the kitchen. He has learned that if he's good, he gets to lick the plate when we're done.
I have to agree with May, he does look sorry...it could be he's just sorry he got caught..lol

Sharyn J
August 31st, 2013, 01:33 PM
LOL, he looks so guilty. We had a lab years ago. I made a beef roast and set it on the counter to rest while I gathered my stuff to make gravy. When I turned around, the roast was gone and so was the dog! bad dog, bad dog

bakermom
August 31st, 2013, 02:21 PM
I think he's plotting his revenge already!

alliek
August 31st, 2013, 02:23 PM
My DH got the morning paper, made coffee, poured OJ, and made a delicious egg and bacon sandwich. He brought it all into the den and went back out for the paper. LOL He should have reversed the process because when he got back (and it wasn't a minute I guess) that delicious sandwich was gone and Granslam our pooch was licking lips and wagging his tail.MMMM he said, thanks Frank. Tobey looks like he's sorry but it was deeelicious, he thanks you anyway.:lol:

nyscpa2be
August 31st, 2013, 03:15 PM
Tobey is 3 1/2 years old, and has been through obedience school. I just went away to go to the restroom, and thought it was far enough back on the table.

But, he has gotten his revenge already. My dad made himself a skillet breakfast this morning - eggs, baked potato, smoked provolone, mushrooms, green pepper, and some sort of meat all scrambled together. He went to put it on the table, and walk back for his coffee. He didn't put it far enough on the table, it fell off, and Tobey was right there. At least he hasn't been begging for treats all day.

pcbatiks
August 31st, 2013, 03:30 PM
Well Tobey doesn't look very guilty too me..............Amy can you prove it.............I don't think you have a very strong case! :D

By the way, Tobey is too cute to do something like that..........right?!

MartinaG
August 31st, 2013, 03:39 PM
I learned the hard way too not to leave the room with food on the table. That's how I lost my bagel. But how can you be mad at a cute face like that?

Bubby
August 31st, 2013, 04:40 PM
Poor little guy! There should be two little black Scotties in the line-up with him.. Dottie is a food bandit and Olive tries everything Dottie does.

Genny
August 31st, 2013, 04:46 PM

:lol: ... he's just sorry he got caught...:lol:

easyquilts
August 31st, 2013, 04:57 PM
I need a sign like that for Spencer, the largest of our two Chichuahuas (he's Hubby's dog), because he chewed through my iPad USB cord. For the second time... Luckily, my college age grandson works with Best Buy's Geek Squad. He got me a really nice cord... I like it better than the Apple one. It seems to be sturdier, and is a cool black.

Poor little Tobey.... He and our ornery Spencer should get together!

K. McEuen
August 31st, 2013, 08:51 PM
Haha, reminds me of the time when I had Buddy, a mini schnauzer and Sissy, a red weiner dog. I had one of those 12 packs of muffins from Sam's club sitting on the table. Those muffins are the size of softballs. We went someplace, came home, no dogs anywhere. However there were a few crumbs on the floor and 3 muffins missing from the package, still on the table. We looked and called and finally heard something. Both dogs, squeezed into a dog crate (big enough for Buddy) under the end table, being very, very quiet because they knew they had been bad.

They had to work together as a team, one chair was turned around, allowing Buddy to jump into it and reach the muffins. He had to open the package and drop them down on the floor to Sissy. Good thing they only ate 3. I'm sure Sissy told him they were up there, because she was the one with the nose.

cyndiofthevortex
August 31st, 2013, 09:11 PM
This made me laugh and laugh and laugh until DH had to come see what was so funny! You rock!

PeggyM
August 31st, 2013, 09:14 PM
Haha. I never tried the shame thing. I made muffins to take to work one day, and left them in a Ziplock bag on the corner of the dining room table, which is dead center of the house. The cat (at the time) claimed that as her 360 degree vantage point. In the morning they were gone. I found the empty bag - later that night - beside the couch. I believe the muffins were in kitty's way. She shoved them off the table, and the rest is history. Nobody was talking. Moral: keep your eyes on your frys.

pcbatiks
August 31st, 2013, 09:24 PM
Love these stories of sneaky dogs! Our dog Scout, is a food scrap ninja. Once I left a 1 lb pack of raw ground meat on the dining table, still wrapped.....while I went back to the store for something I forgot. When I got home almost half of the ground meat was gone & the plastic was torn. Scout looked like a sausage....her belly was stuffed. Another time our dogs were staying at my parent's house for a few days around Easter last year while we were gone. My mom had put small chocolate rabbits for each of the 4 grandkids on the bed in the spare bedroom............their gigantic dog will not bother with food left out. Well....during the day my dad heard a noise from the bedroom........he found Scout on the bed scratching the plastic to get at another chocolate rabbit. She ate parts of 3 of the 4 bunnies! Thankfully........it was waxy chocolate. It did not make her sick. The family joke is "the dog ate your Easter gift".

BellasQuilts
August 31st, 2013, 10:10 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5063136191383171&pid=15.1

Ruh Roh....

shermur
August 31st, 2013, 11:34 PM
This is Tobey. Aka the thief. Also the namesake behind Tobeysmama. The pic is also on Facebook.

So cute...and Toby was naughty....have forgiveness, Tobeysmama.....

PeggyM
September 1st, 2013, 12:00 AM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5063136191383171&pid=15.1

Ruh Roh....

Hahahahah! Caught in the act! Nailed!

Terri
September 1st, 2013, 07:47 AM

Sorry that he got caught..... :D Poor Tobey!

Sheena
September 1st, 2013, 07:55 AM
My son and I had a good laugh at your story.
Here's Sky my naughty cat. He stole my chicken curry out of the pan. Bad kitty.

lourixe
September 1st, 2013, 07:58 AM
My cat has never ever stolen a single crumb. She even respects my kitchen's table: the only table she jumps over is my sewing table, as it faces the sunniest window at home.
My oldest dog is far different. She is now 11 and has always had a very personal interpretation of what "leftovers" are. Any dish or pan that you are not paying attention to -either because you are done or because you get distracted by a phonecall- is a "leftover" and therefore rightfull hers... DH learnt it the hard way when he was late to dinner and came to the table when all the family had left it.

alliek
September 1st, 2013, 10:07 PM
My son and I had a good laugh at your story.
Here's Sky my naughty cat. He stole my chicken curry out of the pan. Bad kitty. Look at her expression, does she care, NOT. Now Tobey has a definite guilty look.:lol:

tobeysmama
September 1st, 2013, 10:24 PM
Hi to all, This is Tobeys real Mama. The first post is from my daughter. He was caught by me with pizza in his mouth and did not appear to be at all sorry as he devoured the entire piece. He would probably tell you it was the cats fault as he blames her for everything- when the train goes by, when the thunder rolls, if something is noisy outside. He goes and barks at her. He is funny and energetic and very loveable. Can't imagine life without him.

Sheena
September 2nd, 2013, 05:23 AM
My dog blames the catflap for everything! If the postman knocks or anything she goes running to the catflap and growls and grrrrs and barks at it. She's already broken one door with her silly actions. She even goes through this routine if my DD or DSs come round - attack the catflap first! Bonkers.
Here she is sniffing a flower which she then ate!