PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Hellos

MayinJerset
August 31st, 2013, 10:11 AM
My everyone is either sleeping late to day or already busy with holiday weekend plans. I'm planning on doing a big wash while getting my sewing room into shape for a Big at Home Sew In tomorrow. Grandkids used sewing room as guest bedroom for past few weeks so all my sewing stuff was put away or covered over. Going to sew without the project having a deadline, makes for stress free sewing and relaxing time for me. Later this afternoon DH and I will be traveling upstate to visit of fabric factory outlet, I'm looking for some drapery weight fabric to cover some toss pillows and maybe for a valance. Afterwards we'll have dinner somewhere along the way.

DS#3 was up early, packed up a big cooler and is on his way to Rhode Island for a friend's BBQ. Late last night he was frying up a batch of sausage, peppers and onions to bring with him. Wanted to give him some hints on packing the cooler but kept quiet, he is 47 and I'm sure he has packed many coolers in the years since he lived with us. He lived on campus during college and grad school in NJ and here at home summers and holidays then went to grad school in RI and stayed in the Boston afterwards, that was more than 20 years ago.

Everyone had a good Labor Day weekend, hope you all get to do whatever you want and enjoy yourselves. May

nyscpa2be
August 31st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Good morning May,

Sounds like you're having a busy day! It is going to rain most of the day here, so rather than gardening, I'm spending the day working on a few quilts - might even get one or two finished!

lilmouse
August 31st, 2013, 10:49 AM
Good Morning...this morning I am wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday....traffic here in town yesterday was horrible...so I want everyone to stay safe!

shermur
August 31st, 2013, 10:59 AM
Hello, quilting pals! Our family isn't really going anywhere this weekend...we avoid the traffic and like to STAYCATION at the house. And it will be busy, of course....painting bathrooms, catching up my sewing room and projects, cleaning....ya know. Al the things that hit the back burner over the summer! Everyone be safe!!!!!

Lisapc
August 31st, 2013, 11:27 AM
Oh did I ever sleep late. The Peter's were apparently up by 8 am. The dogs not only stayed upstairs with me but when I came down at 9:40 am they stayed upstairs asleep. Big lazy pups today. Rainy so why not?

I have some book hunting to do, we are going to start an Elm Creek traveling book group so I want to see if the used book stores have any before I order them.

With hubby and son home yesterday it felt like Saturday and today feels like Sunday. No Sunday paper which really irks me so maybe I will get my days straight now.

Have a wonderful day to all of you!

cyndiofthevortex
August 31st, 2013, 11:49 AM
Good morning, everyone! DH and I have easy-does-it plans today. I've been up working on a Shadow Box quilt using some of the squares from a DD that Susie (lilmouse) helped me buy. It's gonna be purdy! I can already tell, with lots of jewel-toned batiks against black. Yum. We are going out shopping for a dowel (yes, exciting) to hang my Batik Stars quilt on the wall in the kitchen, AND we're going to a dealer who sells Janome Jem Golds to see what those little darlin's look like. Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend, even you quilty friends who live in other countries. Celebrations are meant to be shared!

Cathy F
August 31st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Morning all!

Getting off to a late start today. Thursday I came back home after 4 days at Minnowbrook confrence center for a quilt retreat. Got alot accomplished, 3 quilts finished and sent home with the gal that quilts them for me, started a D9patch, did a few small projects, and spent quality time sewing with my sister. Finally lugged everything back upstairs to the sewing room and got it all back where it belongs. I'll try to get up to the sewing room this weekend and work on the D9Patch, I really like how it's coming. I made a mistake cutting apart the squares on the vertical cut so I did them all the same way and created a slightly different look but very pleased with it. I guess that's the way new patterns are created ! :)

Hope everyone has a good weekend,hugs and well wishes for those in need.

toggpine
August 31st, 2013, 12:21 PM
Hubby has the next week off and school starts this coming week. So who knows what will actually get checked off the To Do list. It is looking promising though. So far, the desk unit has been stained/sealed and that has been a UFO for nearly 8 years! (It became his UFO since I was pregnant and he didn't really want me playing with the chemicals.) Now I just have to figure out where the hardware for the poor thing went. I have a few other things that have a similar UFO history that I'm nudging (not nagging) on the list.
I'd like to say I'll get to some sewing, but currently I have pedigrees and registration papers all over the cutting table. Until I get that mess sorted, the stitching will have to wait.

I hope that you all have a great day/weekend!
Hugs, Cathy

Carol336
August 31st, 2013, 12:55 PM
Good morning. Sounds like lots of great plans for busy and lazy weekends.

I've been up for hours, went to the fish market in DC with DS #1 & 2, hubby, and DGS. Bought lots of yummy stuff for a seafood weekend. Everyone was buying for different holiday weekend celebrations. DS #2 is making a huge pot of crab marinara....DS #1 and family are having calamari (sp) and oysters. And as for us - well we're having a cooking weekend - which we love to do. Swordfish tonight, lobster and scallops tomorrow and crab cakes on Monday.....it doesn't get much better than that.

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday weekend

Madeforyouinma11
August 31st, 2013, 01:37 PM
Hello peeps! Wow such great plans going on..wether they are to be busy all weekend or just taking it easy, they all sound wonderful.
Hubby is asleep as he worked a 16 hour shift and didn't get to bed until 10am, so I will be working on a quilt that needs to be done by next weekend. May, I love the idea of sewing a project with no deadline..hoping that will be me soon. I just finished doing some appliqué on two t-shirts for a friend. After the quilt, I need to hem some blouses for my MIL, then I'll be into the no stress sewing mode.
Wishing everyone a very Safe and Happy Holiday weekend! Have fun!

MRoy
August 31st, 2013, 01:58 PM
Good morning (depending on where you are)! I've been up since before 6, but I've been doing laundry and other chores. I spent all day yesterday literally "sitting and waiting" and I think I'm more tired today than if I'd done hard labor. I've got a pot of great northern beans cooking for DH and it's about lunch time for me. I don't usually nap, but I just might this afternoon. Have a good rest of the day!

aliaslaceygreen
August 31st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Good afternoon! I had a half day at work! Like it! I just posted a photo in my album that everyone needs to look at!
I figured in the album would be more fun because it will roll by on the slideshow....
Kitty learning how to use sewing machine!

I don't go back to work till 1 pm on Tuesday...I hope to get a number of things taken care of...

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Granny Judy
August 31st, 2013, 05:03 PM
I've been up and down and inside out... just another day with an aging body that doesn't know it suppose to work properly. Gastric Reflux life is not for the weak. Meds worked, I got some quilting done while I waited for the meds to kick in.. and a Clean kitchen, to boot!!

I live with dd#2 and Hubby (Harley Man). Last week his "ol" truck blew up and met the junk yard man.. Yesterday they take a "ride" and come home with a 2011 Silverado.. lo miles and turtle top on the bed. It's a keeper and so quiet. I didn't even hear them drive in. The pups did and they sure let out some noisy barks!! Scared the "bee-Jesus" out of me. I will need a step stool to get in it tho...LOL

As soon as the back patio deck gets power washed and stained.. the vacation for the Harley Man is over. He took a week off for a trip with his older brother to go to a ball game in St Louis..( Wives included) toured the arch and spend some money at the tourist trap there.

I'm back to normal now and will NOT forget to take those pills before bed time.. I promise... YES.. they are right on my night stand!!!