PDA

View Full Version : Asking for prayer today......

Terri
August 30th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I know this may seem small & insignificant compared to the other requests that I have seen/read/& prayed for, but I need some prayer for myself today.

DH & I are supposed to leave early this afternoon to go see DS & DDIL for the weekend in Charleston. (I have posted about my anticipation & excitement of this upcoming weekend more than once.) We will be celebrating DS 27th bday, Aug 24th and their 3rd anniversary on Sept 5th (and unknown to DH a late celebration of his 55th bday--Aug 10th). I have ordered & am taking DS favorite cake....a 7 layer yellow cake (very thin layers) with chocolate icing that actually tastes like fudge. I gain 5 lbs just thinking about it. I have bday & anniversary presents wrapped & in the car already.

Here is the prayer request part: I have been up most of the night feeling LOUSY! I am at that "oh so special" time of my life when I never know when mother nature is going to come for a visit. :( So of course, she came calling late last night.....I got maybe 1.5 to 2.5 hrs ofsleep in cat naps. My legs are aching, my back is cramping/hurting, digestive tract all messed up & confused, headache & sinuses hurting like the dickens. I just want to sit here & cry....this weekend is supposed to be special. We haven't seen them since the week before Christmas. I have GOT to feel BETTER!! I have used a warm sinus mask on my face....cold gel pack on my back....I have taken pamprin for the symptoms/pain....but I still feel awful. And just to make matters worse, I am the type of person who is totally wound tight as a drum before we go somewhere....not nerves, excitement & anticipation....so that is adding to it.

Anyway....just a small quick prayer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Terri

MayinJerset
August 30th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Wish I could give you a nice soothing massage to help you unwind so you can enjoy the trip and celebrations. When I get tense like that I take 2 Advil and that sooths my jangling nerves.

Suzette
August 30th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Praying for you right now Terri!

Terri
August 30th, 2013, 07:49 AM
@May....thank you! A massage would be oh so wonderful right now. I do get one once a month at my chiropractors office, it's great. Unfortunately advil would nothing for my jangling nerves....I took a klonopin a little while ago, it should kick in soon. I do have issues with anxiety & panic attacks. :icon_rolleyes: Yes, I am wound pretty tight!

@Suzette....thank you very much!

asta
August 30th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Hoping and praying you have a wonderful visit!

Dakota Girl
August 30th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Prayer are going your way Terri. Have a safe and happy trip. Hope you feel better. Hugs, Joan

pcbatiks
August 30th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Terri........saying a prayer now that you will start feeling better before you leave on your trip. It sounds like a fun weekend!

HandsOffItsMine
August 30th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Prayers Terri, my Oma had anxiety and her palms would break out in blisters. ;( Hope the meds work and you calm down to enjoy your trip.

Lisapc
August 30th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I really hope you feel better soon. Once you get going on your way I think you will feel a bit better.

ilive2craft2
August 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Terri, prayers being said. I am the same way, over do trying to get ready and then the anticipation builds. Hope the meds kick in and you can rest on the way there. Usually, once we are out the door, I am ok, unless a migraine is triggered, but that hasn't happened in awhile. Enjoy your trip!

Lilly
August 30th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I am praying for you throughout the day as I do dishes etc. I so do understand the anxiety part of it especially. My DD suffers from it. She says she cannot remember a day in her life that she was not crippled by anxiety. Klonopin helps but she often takes more than one when things are really stressful. Maybe listening to this song will help:
Blessings by Laura Story with Lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bkKrRNxHeE)

Terri
August 30th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Thank you Lilly.....it's nice to have someone that understands. My anxiety problems are not anywhere as bad as they were in my 20's & 30's (while we were raising four boys!) It's for the most part manageable now....but every now & then something hits me out of the blue and for no reason I feel the walls closing in, my heart racing etc etc..... Thank you also for the song, it's beautiful.....I listen to Southern Gospel whenever I am listening to music. It soothes, blesses, uplifts & encourages. :D

I am praying for you throughout the day as I do dishes etc. I so do understand the anxiety part of it especially. My DD suffers from it. She says she cannot remember a day in her life that she was not crippled by anxiety. Klonopin helps but she often takes more than one when things are really stressful. Maybe listening to this song will help:
Blessings by Laura Story with Lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bkKrRNxHeE)

Terri
August 30th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I have my Relpax for migraines in my purse---just in case. Don't want to have to take it....it will get rid of the migraine, but it will knock me out for a couple of hours then I have drug "hangover" for hours after that....but when you have a migraine, you do what you gotta do!! I appreciate the thoughts & prayers.

Terri, prayers being said. I am the same way, over do trying to get ready and then the anticipation builds. Hope the meds kick in and you can rest on the way there. Usually, once we are out the door, I am ok, unless a migraine is triggered, but that hasn't happened in awhile. Enjoy your trip!

Terri
August 30th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Thank you to everyone who responded! I am feeling better, not 100%, but better. :D Yes, once on the road I will probably feel even better. Waiting DH to finish getting ready and he doesn't get in a hurry for anyone or anything! (Guess opposites do attract! :lol:) {{hugs}} to all of you and have a great weekend!!

lilmouse
August 30th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip...keeping you in prayer this weekend!

bdmsmith
August 30th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Terri----sending prayers and best wishes your way.

Have you ever tried making a small square or rectangular pillow---If you sew one together that's about 20-25" long and about 10-15" wide and then fill it with rice (use original rice not instant) and add some flake potpourri in it or potpourri powder (lavender is good). Don't fill it so that it is stuffed full, but put enough in it so that it's heavy and able to bend and move around but enough so that when you lay it flat it will not separate and leave gaps. Then sew it closed. All you do then is put it in the microwave for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes (watch temperature at first--it's best to go in about 30 second intervals to make sure you don't burn the rice or get it too hot). These are awesome for aches, pains, and when nature is calling. I made each of my boys one years ago and they would snuggle up with a blanket when they wasn't feeling well or during the winter.

They're also great because against your body they'll stay warm for awhile so you can heat one up and take it in the vehicle with you. If you make one that's more of a rectangle or even a tube type then you can wrap it around your neck or around your back or even lay it around your tummy.

They do go bad after quite awhile of reheating but I've dumped them out and refilled them which is super easy. I usually buy the rice in a large bag at a discount store like aldi's or save-a-lot. The one VERY important thing is to make sure the microwave doesn't have any wet spots where you're laying the bag or it will spoil the rice faster---I usually put mine on a separate plate when I put it in there to microwave. My husband uses it when he comes home from work and has neck/shoulder pain or when any of us have a cold/flu it is a miracle worker.

JCY
August 30th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Do some deep breathing & try to relax. Meditate on God's Word & His promises. I hope & pray you feel better soon. :) JCY

KathyCrofoot
August 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Praying for you that your ailments will disappear and you will have a fun time with the family!

alliek
August 30th, 2013, 01:38 PM
AAAh being a woman! Wonderful and Crappy! Prayers Terri for a terrific visit and great trip. God Bless.

Gayle8675309
August 30th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I'm praying that your symptoms pass quickly and that you have a lovely visit with your family.

SallyO'Sews
August 30th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Just read this and said a prayer, Terri.
Our God is so great that there is no such thing as an issue that is too small or insignificant for Him to bother about. When we are faithful in that which is least (bringing our most trivial concerns to Him, like a child), He will bless us with the faith for the greater things.
Hugs and blessings,
~ Sally \0/

GuitarGramma
August 30th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Praying for you, Terri. May your pain lessen, and your countenance feel calm.

Enjoy your weekend with your much-loved son and daughter-in-law.

quiltingtrish
August 30th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Terri - I didn't read all the replies here but just want to add my prayers for a wonderful weekend for you. I am sorry that you don't feel well to start it all off with.

Hugs,

cyndiofthevortex
August 30th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I know exactly how you feel and let me tell you, this is no small prayer request! I missed my DD college graduation because of symptoms like yours, so you've definitely got some prayers going up from me! I hope God will heal you and give you a wonderful weekend to tell us about when you get home.

Bubby
August 30th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I'm praying for you, Terri. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your family!

Terri
August 31st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Thank you so much! What a great idea.....this is one project that needs to go to #1 on my to do list! It is something that I could use quite often. The older I get the more aches & pains I seem to have. :icon_rolleyes: Hoping that is get through this transition in life very soon!! I know a girl....who when her mother went through it, her Dad said to Mom "You have twenty minutes to get over this!!" My DH is so loving & understanding....he reassures me by saying millions of other women have made it through and you will too. :D

I do LOVE the smell of lavender and I know it's calming effects. I have some lavender/vanilla spray from Bath & Body works that I spray on my sheets & pillows.

Terri----sending prayers and best wishes your way.

Have you ever tried making a small square or rectangular pillow---If you sew one together that's about 20-25" long and about 10-15" wide and then fill it with rice (use original rice not instant) and add some flake potpourri in it or potpourri powder (lavender is good). Don't fill it so that it is stuffed full, but put enough in it so that it's heavy and able to bend and move around but enough so that when you lay it flat it will not separate and leave gaps. Then sew it closed. All you do then is put it in the microwave for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes (watch temperature at first--it's best to go in about 30 second intervals to make sure you don't burn the rice or get it too hot). These are awesome for aches, pains, and when nature is calling. I made each of my boys one years ago and they would snuggle up with a blanket when they wasn't feeling well or during the winter.

They're also great because against your body they'll stay warm for awhile so you can heat one up and take it in the vehicle with you. If you make one that's more of a rectangle or even a tube type then you can wrap it around your neck or around your back or even lay it around your tummy.

They do go bad after quite awhile of reheating but I've dumped them out and refilled them which is super easy. I usually buy the rice in a large bag at a discount store like aldi's or save-a-lot. The one VERY important thing is to make sure the microwave doesn't have any wet spots where you're laying the bag or it will spoil the rice faster---I usually put mine on a separate plate when I put it in there to microwave. My husband uses it when he comes home from work and has neck/shoulder pain or when any of us have a cold/flu it is a miracle worker.