PDA

View Full Version : My sewing table came but that news can wait.

Lilly
August 30th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Our daughter Bridget has been in the Philippines for two years and is flying home as we speak. She was a missionary with the French Catholic group, Fidesco. She spent her days re-habing their Philippine locations and teaching construction skills to disadvantaged youth. She also taught English classes and life skills etc. She is a Construction Engineer and will spend the next 2 years finishing up her License requirements here in the US. I am just popping with joy to know that in about 8 hours she'll be walking in the door. Forgive me for not being active on the forums these last few weeks. I was lurking and praying for all the needs but I had a house to clean and all that necessary stuff to get ready for her joining us in our little house. In the middle of it all, my new cutting table came last week and this morning my new sewing table and peg board arrived and now I've completely organized my new sewing space so that we can use the room as living space as well as a sewing room. Pics to follow when the Geeks get my iphoto back up and running. I'm unwinding with you all for a bit tonight. You are such a blessing in my life!

bubba
August 30th, 2013, 01:12 AM
How exciting for you!!! Can't wait to see all your goodies!

Madeforyouinma11
August 30th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Lilly, that is wonderful news! Now go get some sleep so you'll be awake to greet her..lol I wouldn't be able to sleep either. I'm really happy for you..two years is a lot of time to catch up on..nevermind sleep, you better put the coffee on!

Lisapc
August 30th, 2013, 01:27 AM
How wonderful. I am so happy for you to have your daughter home again and the new sewing furniture/space. I can't wait to see it.

K. McEuen
August 30th, 2013, 01:43 AM
When it rains it pours and isn't it great that this time it is all good things?

Genny
August 30th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Lilly how exciting that your daughter will soon be home! She sounds like a really busy young lady!

bkthomas
August 30th, 2013, 03:13 AM
How exciting!!! So Happy for you Lilly!!!!

Bubby
August 30th, 2013, 03:34 AM
What a blessing having your DD back home will be for you and the family! Enjoy your time together!!

Terri
August 30th, 2013, 05:33 AM
So very happy for you. Nothing better than having one of your children come home, an even bigger blessing coming home after they have been out doing something good for those in need. She sounds like a very special young lady indeed! That does top all of your new sewing tables, furniture etc....but that is VERY exciting too. Post pics when the Geeks get you straightened out. :)

Blondie
August 30th, 2013, 06:04 AM
I would say that this is wonderful news all the way around. Your happiness is very contagious because I find myself sitting here smiling and ready to run up to your house to help you with the finishing touches. By now, she is home and sleeping - Enjoy!

cyndiofthevortex
August 30th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Your joy shines through your words! I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter. I'm sure you will! What stories she must have to tell! God bless her for her service for others. You must be so proud of her!

Sew Perfect
August 30th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Lilly, I am so happy that you will see your daughter soon. She must have lots to tell you and I know you are estatic right now.

Congrats on your sewing table!

MayinJerset
August 30th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Doing a Happy Dance for you, wishing you all have a wonderful time getting together again with your DD and catching up with each other. Bridget must have some great stories to tell you about her work in the Philippines.

SallyO'Sews
August 30th, 2013, 02:38 PM
WOOT-WOOT!! So happy for you, Lilly! How proud you must be; your DD sounds like a wonderful young woman. Enjoy your visit and your new space!

Gayle8675309
August 30th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Oh how exciting for you! My daughter is going to Thailand for two years starting in February and I can't imagine just how much I'll miss her. I hope you have a wonderful reunion and I look forward to pics of your new sewing space!