PDA

View Full Version : Can we skip August 29th

Lonna
August 29th, 2013, 06:26 PM
August 29th is a date I would just as soon forget. August 29th 8 years ago we were hit by Katrina and today we were hit once again but this time by the results of Wayne's latest PET scan. The cancer that has been quite and dormant is now back with full force. It is growing and very hot it is still just in his right lung has not spread outside of the lung yet. There is no more radiation that they can give to him. The only thing left is chemo and not sure if he is wanting to do anymore of it or not. Not really sure the reason of this post other then just feeling very lost and sad right now. I just needed to get this out and share with someone.

auntiemern
August 29th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Oh Lonna, I am so very sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how you are feeling. Can they do a lobectomy, since it seems to be contained in that lung only? Makes what I went through so insignificant. Will be sending up special prayer for you and Wayne. ((((Lonna))))

asta
August 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM
((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) and prayers going out for you and your family.

Monique
August 29th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Oh Lonna, I wish the news had been better and I sure wish I were closer to you so I could at least give you lots of hugs. I will say prayers for Wayne. You know we all care here. Anytime you want to talk, I have big shoulders. Just send me your phone number (I have a long distance package).

ilive2craft2
August 29th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Oh Lonna, what rotten news! Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Hugs, Lisa

KathyCrofoot
August 29th, 2013, 07:06 PM
I am sorry to hear this news. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers

HandsOffItsMine
August 29th, 2013, 07:22 PM
(((Lonna & Wayne))), Don and I are sorry to hear this horrible news. We're sure you're both stunned at right now and at a loss at what direction to take. We'll be saying extra prayers for both of you. All of us are here for you, reach out to us by email, phone, PM, how ever you need us, we'll be there for you.

Huggers, Ruby and Don

sewbizzy
August 29th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Sending prayers for your husband, you and your family.

NanaB
August 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Lonna, I am so sad for you and Wayne. I remember him (and you) in my prayers.

pcbatiks
August 29th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Lonna....I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. Wish I had better words that would help in this situation..........your forum friends are all here for you. Call or PM if you want to. Like Ruby said......extra prayers for you and Wayne. Hugs to you.....

Madeforyouinma11
August 29th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Lonna, I'm so sorry. Sending prayers to you and Wayne, for a decision about treatment. Please keep us posted and you know you can talk here anytime you need to. ((((Hugs)))) to you both.

Iris Girl
August 29th, 2013, 07:50 PM
sending warm and healing thoughts for you and your family.

JimsQueenie
Lonna, I just read your message and I am so sorry for you and Wayne and your extended family. I haven't lost a husband, but I remember when he had a six way by pass at the last minute and it scared me to death and I knew no one in the area to be with me at the hospital. It was awful. So, if you need me, I am here for you. I will keep you and Wayne uplifted in prayer. Peace and blessings, Vicki

K. McEuen
Sorry to hear this news. It's a hard fight, both for Wayne and for you. Thoughts and prayers going out to the both of you.

dwil23
August 29th, 2013, 07:53 PM
(((((HUGS))))) and prayers.

EsGrandma
August 29th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Prayers being sent up for you and Wayne -so sorry for your news. We're here for you anytime, sending lots of cyber hugs. Linda

KathieB
August 29th, 2013, 08:03 PM
More prayers being sent to you, Wayne and your family. As they say, "Take one day at a time". Hugs!

grannyann
August 29th, 2013, 08:03 PM
What upsetting news for both of you. I can not imagine what your going through and what he is feeling right now.
May God comfort both of you and grant you both a miracle of healing. God Bless .

Lonna
August 29th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Thank you all for your love and support it means so much to the both of us. Marilyn no surgery as the tumor is at the top of the right lung. The surgeon told Wayne when he was first told he had the cancer that where the tumor was located that it was pushing against his windpipe and his heart. That they would have to remove the whole right lung and part of his chest cavity. Chances that he would make it off the table would be very slim and that if he did he would be in a wheelchair for what ever life he had left.

Wayne is looking at another 6 months to a year. We are just praying right now to make it through Christmas as last year we did nothing. Wayne said if he makes it through to another Christmas he wanted a full blown old fashion Christmas. So that is our goal for now.

Once again thank you all so much for your support.

SuzyQue
August 29th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Tears slipped down my cheek as I read your latest post. One can only have so much bad news! I am so sorry that this day in history and today has been so devastating to you and your family. I have already prayed for both of you and will continue. May you find peace and comfort. I pray that you will enjoy every day, if no miracle comes and that you have the most spectacular Christmas ever.

bkthomas
August 29th, 2013, 08:33 PM
I am so sorry Lonna....sending you cyber hugs and yes, prayers always.....

Jean Sewing Machine
August 29th, 2013, 08:44 PM
I think of you and Wayne often. This news is so devastating. I am so sorry. My prayers are with you!

cyndiofthevortex
August 29th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Dear Lonna, I am so sorry to hear this news. I think of you and Wayne often. I wish the news was better with all my heart. I'll pray for you both. Know you are greatly cared for here. I am so, so sorry.

turena65
August 29th, 2013, 09:07 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, I'm just so sorry....

easyquilts
August 29th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Lonna.... I am so sorry to hear this news. You must be devastated... I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

It is never easy to hear such awful news... You just want to smash something..... I know from experience... God bless.

Grandma G
August 29th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Lonna - I am so sorry about this latest news. You and Wayne are in my thoughts and prayers.

MayinJerset
August 29th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Nothing more to say as all your friends here have already said it and we all are praying for you and Wayne.

Bubby
August 29th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Lonna...I'm terribly sorry to hear this news. You and Wayne have my prayers. Remember, you can always come here and share your feelings. HUGS, Barb

quiltingtrish
August 29th, 2013, 09:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your news Lonna and I will always have you both in my prayers. I hope you both have the most wonderful Christmas ever also.

((((((HUGS)))))),

nyscpa2be
August 29th, 2013, 10:02 PM
I am so sorry to hear of this. Is there a chance of getting a second opinion?

lilmouse
August 29th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Holding both of you in prayer...such bad news!

Genny
August 29th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Lonna this makes me very sad, hugs and prayers for both of you. Genny

JCY
August 29th, 2013, 10:35 PM
It's hard to understand why bad things happen to good people. I just know God loves us and will give us the strength to go through life's circumstances with His help. May you sense His love & comfort during this difficult time. Love & Hugs, JCY

Cathy F
August 29th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Reaching out to you with hugs and prayers, I am so sorry.

Lisapc
August 29th, 2013, 11:02 PM
I think of you and your husband all the time. I am so sorry and understand the hell treatment truly is for those that have to really fight to stay alive. I am continuing to pray for you and am here if you need me.

MRoy
August 29th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Lonna, I'm so sorry about this latest news. Wayne and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Miss Sheri
August 30th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Oh Lonna, my heart is aching as I have learned of this deep sorrow. May the Lord bring to you the peace that surpasses understanding, so you will have the strength to walk at Wayne's side and love him through each precious day. Hugs and prayers from me too.

SallyO'Sews
August 30th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Praying for you and Wayne, dear Lonna. Hope you are able to lay hold on the grace of God.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

GuitarGramma
August 30th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Dear, dear Lonna. My heart breaks to hear this news.

As you move forward making decisions, please know that chemo saved my daughter's life. It's a very tough decision to make, and you and Wayne must do what is right for you. But I wanted you to know that chemo can work.

I will pray for you both, and for Wayne's doctors.

Lonna
August 30th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. Toni, Wayne has had either 15 or 16 chemo treatments and roughly 48 radiation treatments. It has been about 8 months since he has had any type of treatment so I don't know if he is wanting to do anymore or not. It will be 2 years since he was told he has cancer. He has but up a great fight but I am afraid that he is getting very tired and weary now. Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center has said there is nothing more they can do for him. Now what ever treatment that is left will be through the Charity Hospital either here or in New Orleans.

K. McEuen
August 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM
When my mom had cancer and was going through chemo, it never really quite did the trick and she kept having to go back for another round. After a year and a half she was sick and tired of being sick and tired and said no more. I understood why she chose that route, but it was still a hard pill to swallow. Wishing you all the strength in the world, no matter what Wayne chooses to do, so that you can be there for him.