PDA

View Full Version : Thank God it's Thursday!!

SallyO'Sews
August 29th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Hi, Everyone!

Today I am thankful for Skype. I have no idea who is responsible for it or how it is paid for, but I am thankful to be able to avail myself of it. All the more so because so many of us here on the Forum are "empty-nesters" or otherwise have loved ones who are far away.

I told you before that my DD#5 is engaged. :D She and my future SIL live in Korea where they are both teachers. I do not know when or whether they will ever come back to the States to live permanently, as he spent a good chunk of his childhood living in Europe, and it would not surprise me if they go to several spots around the world to teach. I miss her terribly, but I am so comforted to know that they love God and are willing to go wherever He leads them. In the end, that is ALL that matters to me. (Of course, once they start having children, I'm REALLY going to want them to come home to New England!! :icon_razz: )

Anyhoo, I'm so thankful that I can see their faces on Skype... which is really helpful since DD's # 2, 6, & 10, along with DIL's #3 and 4, and I will be planning the wedding from this side of the planet, and we'll have to do a LOT of Skyping with the bride-to-be! It's easy, it's fun, and it's free. Okay probably not free (someone must be getting paid for it, lol), but no additional out-of-pocket expenses, in any case.

Blessings to you all; may you have much to be thankful for on this Thursday.
~ Sally \0/

Lisapc
August 29th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I am so happy that you are able to help plan your daughters wedding and getting more face time. Keep us posted, a very exciting time in your lives.

Today I am thankful for ginger root and many other blessings. I am taking the ginger root and find that it helps with the nausea and morning stiffness. It is not unusual for it to take 2 hours for me to be able to move in the morning without wincing but it only took 1/2 an hour this morning. I do not care if it is a placebo effect or if it is real. I feel better in the mornings and that is what matters to me.

I am always thankful for my family, friends and forum friends but the ginger root is a new one to me.

alliek
August 29th, 2013, 12:42 PM
SALLY: Happy News, congrats. Enjoy the craziness of planning a wedding. Lisa, it's not a placebo if it helps! Keep up the fight. You are always in my prayers. Deut:31:8. Have a blessed day.