PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - it's gonna be a great day

Blondie
August 29th, 2013, 07:09 AM

Happy Thursday Greetings, Folksies!

So, it's Thursday already. The only thing I have accomplished this week are daydreams. With a few crazy sleep type of dreams thrown in the mix.

I am enjoying my coffee in peace and quiet this morning. No peeps to share it with, I can handle this. I have a full morning at the salon today and plan to do some type of fun stuff this afternoon. What yet I do not know, but I guarantee you I will have fun. I may make up something or other for my Secret Pal to throw in the ever growing gift box. I sure hope whoever gets me as their partner likes folk artsy kind of things.

Mom's appt yesterday was not very satisfying. We are awaiting other "reports" to come in. I have such deep respect for her Dr. He is totally unflappable and focused on Mom. What he did tell us was somewhat encouraging. He is of the opinion that her facial and eye swelling and problems with swallowing is due to when she had her new port put in a few months back. Removing it or changing the position of it is where the problem arises. Hence, the other reports and confabs with other dr's. Thank you for your prayers.

I have a baby quilt to make up very soon. The baby to be will be a girl and the Mommy to be is a "cowgirl" type of gal. So, armed with some western themed cute charm pack, I am trying to figure out a quick and easy quilt. I may wind up just doing some type of four patch thing. I can't remember the name of the charm pack I bought, but it is generic enough to be boy or girl, just in case. I mean, do they still make mistakes on the gender these days?

Time to get Gracie outside for her morning romp. She has jumped off my lap and is dancing at my feet. Thinking of my dear ones here with much fondness, asking for blessings for each and of course, when I think of you, I smile.

bkthomas
August 29th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Love today's pic, Love Betty White and Love what said pic has to say!!!

Iris Girl
August 29th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Morning all, busy day for me today . Have work then my neighbor meets me after so we can get her a few quiltng basics including a machine. That may involve a trip to my dealer which is ok since my machine is there being babied and I got an email it is ready to come home. So could kill 2 birds with one stone depending on what $$ she wants to spend on a machine. Dinner may be sandwiches tonight who knows. So far hubby doing great on the new job. Take care all hugs to those that need it.

GrammaBabs
August 29th, 2013, 07:41 AM
54569today I ride to the ocean with one of my BFF's.. to meet up with 2 of our special BFF's... we are 4 girls that graduated from HS.. together..Nancy, and I will do our ocean swim while the other 2 watch... we are the gals that LOVE the water and defy any temperature just to say we did it!!!! One of us is here for the summer in NH..FL in the Winter.. Chris is who we visit lives at a condo in Hull,MA (Nantastket, we call it)...and Margie and I live here at Oakpoint, in Middleboro, MA... we married guys from HS and still are all together... it is fabulous!! Aren't we lucky!!!

Bubby
August 29th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Have a great time with you BFFs! Wonderful picture!

Lisapc
August 29th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Blondie: Have a wonderful day. I hate to say it but yet people still call little girls all dressed in pink boys. My nephews daughter was always called a boy until now at 3. She always has a serious look on her face so maybe that is why.

Iris Girl: I missed that hubby has a new job. Congratulations! I know he will do great.

Barb: You guys are lucky. Kind of the sane version of the Ya Ya's right? Have a wonderful time and watch out for sharks!

School is so far so good for the little guy. My GD is apparently driving her parents crazy with excited at starting her school career next week. My 6 month old GD who I held for hours a day while sick, actually she was just always in the bed or on the couch with me. Every time I woke up she was their either sleeping, drinking a bubba, poking me, pulling hair or just babbling away. Anyway she has decided that she is too big to be held for more than 5 minutes and wants you to hold her hands so she can walk and jump. She is crawling and apparently really getting into everything. Ha! Just like her mother!

I am growing impatient waiting for my new machine. I have to wait until the end of the month and my impatient is making me feel like a spoiled brat. I am lucky to be getting one so maybe I am.

Happy day and prayers to all!!

Bubby
August 29th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Good Morning,

It's going to be another scorcher here today...92 or so with humidity. I will be having a root canal at 1 pm. They scheduled me for a 4 hour appointment so he can do other things after the root canal.

I have to brag on Dottie. She's the older and larger Scottie of our two. When she first came to stay with us 6 weeks ago she was a disciplinary handful. She has become such a lovely and obedient dog. She just needed to be loved into the sweet girl she is today. Little Olive is the closest thing to being a perfect dog I've ever known...no issues with her at all except a little jealousy when I give Dottie too much attention. The Girls are the 4th and 5th Scotties in my life and they are a real joy to have in our home.

Blondie, I'm quite optimistic about Mom's report yesterday. I will continue praying for her and the rest of her test results.

Wishing everyone a blessed Thursday.....Hugs All Around.

HandsOffItsMine
August 29th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Great photo Babs! Have a great time!!

Barb, hope you're doing ok after your dentist visit. Have you in our prayers, dear friend. Know that has to hurt. :(

Trying to get my mental mojo up. Think it's all come crashing down with additional sad news from the outside world. A mental health day or days will be in order. Don't know what that will entail yet but I need to get myself together.

Bummed that I won't be able to make it to the MSQC get together as I start treatment after my folks leave on the 28th (they will arrive on the 7th). I'm sure that is part of my funk!!! Was really looking forward to meeting my Sister Marilyn in person along with others. Skyping will be it.

Well, coffee time for me. Have a great day, prayers for those in need, huggers for all, Ruby

dwil23
August 29th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Good Morning all!

Babs - that it wonderful! So great to have friends from so long ago. Mine all scattered, and my high school best friend is a facebook friend now. The other I have totally lost contact with, although I do work with two classmates. Nice girls, but we were never buddy buddy and still aren't.

I have a quilt in the works that I desperately wanted to have finished in time for my sister to deliver on Saturday morning, but, not looking good. I have to take her dog to the vet this morning and then my DD is bringing a pathetic abuse case in from the animal shelter this afternoon. Don't know how long she will be here. What in the #%!! is wrong with people? This poor dog had puppies (no where to be found) she is emaciated, but worse she has mastitis in all of her teats. They have swollen to the point one has burst open. Mastitis is easily treated with antibiotics. Our foster Momma dog had it when she quit nursing. On a happier note - as of the past weekend, Momma Piper and all five of her puppies found their forever homes!!!

Blondie, I have what might be just the fabric you need to add to your cowgirl quilt. I will try to get a DD to take a pic and email it to you.

Everyone else, have a blessed day!

lilmouse
August 29th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Hope things get better for your Mom Blondie;
Barb; will be keeping you in prayer this afternoon; that dental work can be really painful; hope all goes well and the pain is minimal.
Babs, you have a great time you hear...want to hear all about it; you are very fortunate...love the picture.
Lisa, isn't funny how when you are anticipating something time just seems to drag...can't wait to hear how you do with your new machine....
Ruby, hope you get your mojo back soon
As for me folks today is day 8 of being smoke free and loving it! Have been working on a baby quilt that I need to finish by tomorrow....going to border it today and get it sandwiched and hopefully get it quilted today...that's the plan anyway! I am thinking on hand sewing the binding down on this one....I have gotten much better at it so will give it a go...need to keep my hands busy!
It has been gray and cloudy here lately with a touch of fog thrown in.
Hope everyone has a great day and smile...you will have everyone wondering what you are up to!
Hugs and prayers for all,
Susie

cyndiofthevortex
August 29th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Good morning, everyone. I have a wonderful day planned. DD Bethany and I are going to visit with DD Faith and her three lovely girls. Faith was adopted at age 12 from an abusive home and we went through some really, really rough years together. I never in my wildest dreams thought she'd grow up to love me and be my friend. We now have a wonderful relationship. God really is faithful. Jesus loves me, this I know....

dwil23
August 29th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Cyndi, that is wonderful! Have a great day.

Granny Judy
August 29th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Waving hello to all as I read thru this mornings happenings. I'm not too chatty right now. so will just hang out a bit before getting my day started. DS & family have left from their 2 day visit.. Missing them terribly right now.

MRoy
August 29th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Good morning! DH's cousin was supposed to call when she arrived from NC to finish planning our meet-up today. She has our phone #s but we don't have hers and she didn't say where they were planning to stay! She was traveling yesterday and we thought we might hear from her by last night, but no call yet. I hope she calls soon cause I'm beginning to get a little concerned.

I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for Blondie's mom, Barb, and everyone else who might need them. ((((HUGS))))

Mpyles
August 29th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Good morning!! Surprise!! I made it in during the morning!! I have really been in a funk of late and my routine has been changed up a bit, but today I am off work and sipping on cuppa java!

Blondie, I am so glad things are going so well for you n your new salon! Sounds like moms dr visit was encouraging! I will keep ya all in my prayers.

Lisa, new machine? Exciting!! It's better than a new car I can understand your impatience!

Barb, prayers for a painless as possible dentist visit. Imagine the relief you will feel when it's all done!

Susie, congrats on the smoking!! Yay!! Prayers for continued success!

Grammababs, wow what a great testiment to friendship!! Enjoy your visit!!

Ruby, prayers for your mojo. I am sure it's hard but I am think good thoughts for you!

Dwil, ( sorry I don't know your name name), I admire you and your daughters commitment to our furry friend!! Shameful that someone would treat an animal this way.

Cyndi, sounds like your love is coming back to you! I am sure you are a wonderful mother and isn't it great when your children realize it!

My dd is coming home today after class, yay!! It's been 18 days since I have laid eyes on my baby and that has never happened!! I think I will just squeeze the heck out of her when she gets home! I too am going with a niece to get her set up to learn to quilt today. I am unsure whether or not she is really ready...she has small children and very busy but she has been reading books about quilters and it sounds so wonderful to her and she wants to make her kiddies a quilt. We will see, her job won't permit her to take classes...so unsure how she plans to learn...but she asked me to go with her. DH is leaving on Saturday for a fishing trip to Wisconsin he should be back around Thursday I am guessing. Then the 8th of September I am on vacation for a week, yay!! Well ladies I have rambled enough!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 29th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Blondie: Have a wonderful day. I hate to say it but yet people still call little girls all dressed in pink boys. My nephews daughter was always called a boy until now at 3. She always has a serious look on her face so maybe that is why.

Iris Girl: I missed that hubby has a new job. Congratulations! I know he will do great.

Barb: You guys are lucky. Kind of the sane version of the Ya Ya's right? Have a wonderful time and watch out for sharks!

School is so far so good for the little guy. My GD is apparently driving her parents crazy with excited at starting her school career next week. My 6 month old GD who I held for hours a day while sick, actually she was just always in the bed or on the couch with me. Every time I woke up she was their either sleeping, drinking a bubba, poking me, pulling hair or just babbling away. Anyway she has decided that she is too big to be held for more than 5 minutes and wants you to hold her hands so she can walk and jump. She is crawling and apparently really getting into everything. Ha! Just like her mother!

I am growing impatient waiting for my new machine. I have to wait until the end of the month and my impatient is making me feel like a spoiled brat. I am lucky to be getting one so maybe I am.

Happy day and prayers to all!!Did I miss it when you announced what the new machine would be? Or am I having another senior moment and have just forgotten!

MayinJerset
August 29th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Cold this morning and looks as if it rained overnight, lawns needed watering as yesterday as a hot sunny day. Had a nice Girls lunch with DIL MJ, she came back here afterwards as she had a cute little bench that she asked DH and I to refinish for her. It has been painted and has some ivy painted on it so maybe all we can do is paint it a color of her choice, we will see.

Babs, your get together with your BFFs on the Cape sounds great. We often went to Hull so grandkids could go on the merry go round. Now that they are teens we can't amuse them that way any longer.

Need to finish hand sewing the binding on DGD's quilt. Due to poor lighting I had a difficult time last night stitching down the creamy colored binding with cream thread to the backing which was the same fabric as the binding, should be easier to see what I'm doing with this mornings sunlight streaming in the windows. I want to mail the quilt by tomorrow so off I go.

CrazyMtnLady
August 29th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Good morning everyone. Today is DH's birthday and he is still in Michigan. Hope he goes out with his buddy and has a great steak dinner.

I have finally got most of my work done. So maybe I can slow down and get on here a little more often. I miss reading up on all of your lives. I have missed so much.

Blondie, I hope everything goes well with you mom.
Babs, have a fantastic time with your BFFs
Barb, good luck at the dentist.
Everyone...hugs and prayers.

Have a great day.

alliek
August 29th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Blondie: Prayers for mom. Nice to have a quiet morning start! Barb: What a wonderful, happy picture! You are indeed fortunate to be able to share life with four long time friends. God Bless. Got the cleaning done I wanted yesterday, (more to do, if I want??) Did not get to the store but after I finish reading the mornings Forum I'm off to Aldi's. Then I hope to sew some today. Finishing the "Alter Ego" quilt with "Josephine layer cake" . Then ready for layering (:icon_heh: I am determined to put a dent in my UFO's . We'll see! Blessed Day all.

toggpine
August 29th, 2013, 12:50 PM
It's hair cut day! I'm sure she's not as good as our Blondie, but at least this one knows how to cut my curly/wavy hair. The other gals seemed to leave the top so I looked like I had a beanie on. I don't think Em is going to be happy that I'm having her hair cut as short as I am, but it will still belong enough to pull up into piggies. (Not that she wants to wear it that way as often as she makes it sound!)
Today will also be the last sleep over at Nana & Grandpa's for the summer. She'll have to wait for a school holiday for another one. I think her excitement of going back to school is over-riding the sad of the last overnight for a while.

I have to get a move on as there are things to get checked off the list today.

Hugs and blessing to you all!
Cathy

auntiemern
August 29th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Just checking in to say Hi, and let you all know I am still alive, lol.
Blondie, glad mom's appt went well, will keep her in my prayers.
Prayers headed your way Barb as you face the dentist again.
How exciting Babs to have such a long and fun friendship. Enjoy your time together.

pcbatiks
August 29th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Good afternoon...........Bubby, still thinking of you and those dentist visit. Praying that you will be done with this very soon. And Barb.....picture of you & your friends. Sounds like everyone is having a busy day. I'm ready to make a label for my aunt's quilt & then layer it together.......then on to the FMQ!

Thoughts & prayers to our friends that need them.