PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed Desparately

phoots
August 29th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Tonight there was a horrible accident at my apartment. My BF was home alone with the cats and I was at school. He dished himself a bowl of ice cream, put the ice cream away, went back for his bowl and stepped back. What he didn't realize was that our 7 wk old, Rascal, was right under where he put his foot. Before he knew it, Rascal was dead. It took about 30 minutes for me to see his message on my phone while at school. I left immediately and came home to an awful scene. My BF can't really tell me what happened, but from the blood everywhere it looks like he picked up Rascal and ran around. He didn't know what to do.

Now my BF, Marty, is blaming himself for what happened. I've told him several times that it was an accident, a horrible accident. Even the vet tech at the emergency clinic we took him to said she sees it a lot with these tiny kittens.

Please pray for Marty. I can only imagine what he's going through...replaying the whole thing in his mind.

Sassy, our little girl, is young enough that she'll forget her brother. Coal, another of our cats, was very close to Rascal. He doesn't understand why Rascal isn't here either. But he will forget. But, will Marty?

Thank you.

Pam in Vegas

lilmouse
August 29th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Will pray for him...what a sad thing to have happen! I am so sorry!

bkthomas
August 29th, 2013, 03:33 AM
So so sorry Pam.......

GuitarGramma
August 29th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Oh, that is so sad. Your boyfriend must feel awful.mit truly isn't his fault!

Andrea F
August 29th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Oh my god, that is terrible! But accidents and bad things happen and there is nothing we can do about it. I am so sorry for you and your friend. Sending positive thoughts!

Suzette
August 29th, 2013, 07:58 AM
I can't even imagine what that poor man is going through. How tragic. I'll keep him in my prayers.

dwil23
August 29th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Tragic. Will pray for him.

(((HUGS)))

Lisapc
August 29th, 2013, 08:04 AM
That poor guy. Praying for him.

Lonna
August 29th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Prayers for your bf and for you hope your bf can find peace soon.

cyndiofthevortex
August 29th, 2013, 09:40 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. You BF must really be in mourning right now. What a terrible accident. We never know why these things happen, do we?

Jean Sewing Machine
August 29th, 2013, 09:44 AM
That is a terrible tragedy! So sad for you all! Prayers that you all can put this horrible experience behind you.

tobeysmama
August 29th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Prayers for all of you.

KathyCrofoot
August 29th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Oh my goodness. I cannot imagine what he is going through. Prayers for all.

nyscpa2be
August 29th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Pam, I am so sorry! Prayers for you, Marty, and all the kitties.

Wwena
August 29th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Oh no, what a horrible thing to have happen. I'm so sorry.

Monique
August 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
They are called accidents for a reason. I hope he can forgive himself. Sorry for your loss.

quiltingtrish
August 29th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Prayers are coming for all of you. It certainly was an accident, everyone knows how much he loves these cats and kittens.

(((HUGS))),

easyquilts
August 29th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Oh Pam... I am so sorry! It's hard not to blame yourself when something like this happens, but I hope your boyfriend will come to understand that it was just a horrible accident.... Prayers for him.... He must feel just awful....

phoots
August 30th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Thank you, everyone! We spent our day making arrangements. Rascal will be cremated and have an urn identical to the one we got for Daphne just 5 months ago. Marty is doing better but time will heal him. He and I have already decided our New Years resolution will be to stay away from the pet cemetery next year. I love you all!

Pam in Vegas

Swedish leo
August 30th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Oh I am so sorry

How terrible for you BF and you!

But accident to happens even thou we trie to awoid them.
It is not his fault.

Love and hugs!

Terri
August 30th, 2013, 05:25 AM
How awful....and poor Marty. His reaction shows he is a man that has real feelings and true emotion. A lot of guys would have reacted by saying "I'm sorry, but it was JUST a cat."....insensitive. Will be praying for him, that good things come into his mind to help ease this terrible accident. He will be okay, but it may take a while....I cannot imagine how I would feel if I had something like that happen to me. :(