PDA

View Full Version : Almost Spring for a Monday

Blondie
March 14th, 2011, 07:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/funnies/funny_monkeyjpgw424h305-1.jpg

Good Morning, Ladies
Yesterday was a most spring-like day. Today I think will be cooler and cloudy but hey, I don't have to have the woodstove burning. That's a good thing.

It's about time to go back to the dr. I am finished with the antibiotics and am still all plugged up in one side of my head. Still no sewing for me, wah, wah wah! Mom is doing better than I am at this time, lol. From what I've heard, this is par for the course as far as what I am experiencing. As our Paula told me last week, I have been told this is a hanger on for about 3 to 4 weeks; most folks here-about are having two or three visits to the Dr to get rid of this crapppola. I am functioning, feel loads better, really; just not my usual energetic and chipper self. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. (and I am sure y'all are sick and tired of me whining about it) I took two long naps yesterday and then had NO problem sleeping last night. The good thing is this hasn't gone into my chest, just all in my head. Sis is coming over this morning and I will try to get some sewing in. Looking forward to that.

Mom's little chi, Gracie, is still with us, much to Luscious Larry's consternation. He likes her fine, she is just tooooooo energetic for him. Once I am back to myself I will start training her a bit. She is too cute for words. I told him that she is just such a happy critter and full of life. Not a grumpy bone in her wee little body. I may bring her down to the basement with me this morning while I sew.

I did get a crockpot full of spaghetti sauce with meatballs, sausage and mushrooms going yesterday. First thing I have actually cooked in a few weeks! It will be dinner tonite. I am looking forward to something other than soup. I think I will be able to taste it, as this morning as I sit here I can taste my coffee! Oh hip hip hooray!

Gina, Lin, Sewsoft ~ hope you and your families are on the mend as well. I need to sit here and get caught up on everyone's projects.

Onetiredmomma
March 14th, 2011, 08:36 AM
What a time change! I get up early and go to bed early (unless I'm on a sewing binge) so the time change is rough on me and the kids. I got up this morning and it was dark, so I hit snooze a lot. Don't gets wrong- I like longer days, but like when I wake up to light. It helps me to wake up. I just want to snuggle all day and watch tv all day long. I'm pretty unmotivated. So I'll be plodding along with my work today.

Loonwatcher
March 14th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Blondie, hope you are feeling better and back to your old self soon. Hang in there!

lhayes1976
March 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Too dark and rainy here! My body is telling me to stay in bed -- I love the time change at night, but the mornings are rough until I get used to them! Ugh--Monday Monday!

patticakes
March 14th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Morning! Ah Monday, start of another week! Supposed to be in the 60s on Thursday and I am looking forward to a little warmth. It was freezing this morning and I sure could've stayed home but with all the uncertainty knew that I just had to come in. Feeling pretty drugged up but will just "carry on". Feeling blessed to have my family and home as I hear about all the devastation in Japan. My heart goes out to them and I should not complain about a nasty chest cold when they are suffering far more than I am.
Hope all who visit have a good day!
Patti

debinmalaga
March 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Blondie and patticakes, hope you both feel better! Know what you mean about Japan, patti - makes my aches and pains seem awfully unimportant.

Happy (ugh) Monday, everyone!

Shirley
March 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Good Morning, HOpe you all get to feeling better. I too have had a terrible sinus infection and it just makes you miserable. Painful too!! Blondie I am so happy to hear your Mom is on the mend. Still sending prayers for her and also for all of those in the disaster in Japan. My heart aches for their loss.
I wish you all a great week!

sally
March 14th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Good morning...It is 6:30 here right now but my body says 5:30...ughh. Busy morning at work today so I am going in early to get the ball rolling. OF COURSE it looks like it is going to be a sunny day today. THe weekend was gray and miserable. HOwever because the wather was bad I did spend part of it quilting. I fisished a baby quilt top so that I can practice some stich in the ditch and started to put together a single quilt using disappearing nine patch. If I can get the time off I am going to sign up for a 2 day machine quilting course so I can learn how to finish alll tese top I am accumalating. Other than that nothing else new. Hope everyone gets well soon and have a great and safe week. Big Hugs!

Sandy Navas
March 14th, 2011, 11:33 AM
SNOW

Need I say more?

ginampls
March 14th, 2011, 11:52 AM
hack hack gfurb.... sniff.....starting to wonder about allergies as now there is a melt happening.. doing a clean up fro weekend... and gonna cut on some fabric for DD quilt. an Eleanor Burns Hugs and Kisses...

blondie hang in there... Jan where you at? miss you my dear... looking for ward to the move.

toggpine
March 14th, 2011, 01:59 PM
It sounds like we all have the same thing! Maybe it's a computer virus? I would very much like to stay in bed all day too, but it is actually harder for me to breathe when I lay down. I know I should make the appt. to see the Dr., but I hate going in there. If Em is still feeling icky when she wakes up, then we'll go.
I'm making a little progress on the wedding blocks. I have yet to decide which blocks I'll make for the swap. Not really feeling inspired at the moment.
I'll go make a cup of tea and see where it goes from there.

To my other sick quilty sisters - let's kick this thing in the butt and get back to enjoying our days. To all the others, take care and Lysol your keyboard!
Hugs, Cathy

quiltingtrish
March 14th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Awww - sorry to hear the 'crud' is still hanging around everyone. My oldest had it and I'll come home one day and he says "it's gone!" and a day or so later, he is down again.

Springy here today. Love sitting outside when I can. No more news here. Have a meeting tonight and then come home and call my girlfriend - what fun!

Hugs,

middlesis1966
March 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Afternoon ladies!! Whew I am ready for the recliner for sure.
Its good to see your mamas on the mend Blondie. Now its time for you to be on the mend. Take care of yourself. Have fun with the sissy today. Happy dog sitting.
Gina good luck with the move.
Sandy so sorry about the snow. Really I am. All I can say is thank goodness it aint me, lol. Enjoy heeeheee!
Cathy get well soon. Man it has been a time for you and your snot locker,lol. I will never forget that as long as I live. Enjoy your hot tea.
Jan I miss you. I pray all is well.
Deb Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad your not sick!
Well all Im off to recline. Type at ya later!

Monique
March 14th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Sorry to hear that many of you are on the sick list. Here's hoping that whatever ails you leaves real soon.

Blondie, rest, rest, rest. I am sure you are tired of resting.
Sally, do you live near water? Did the tsunamie affect you?

I have to cut this short, I have my almost 8 year old granddaughter with us this week. She is on March break and wants to play cards right now. Today we went to watch the Justin Beiber movie. The things I will do for this child. LOL!! Tomorrow is wave-pool day. Anyhow, not much quilting will be done this week.

Have a great week everyone,

Monique

toggpine
March 15th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Your welcome for the chuckle Paula. I don't remember where I heard it, but I always visualize one of the high school lockers in June, just jammed with stuff and barely able to shut.

I made the Dr. appts and then looked at the new fee for the co-pay with the insurance. $40 a piece! I went to Target and tried to buy some Sudafed or the generic version. They had NOTHING! Really, the pharmacy assistant said she had some Mucinex and a that was about it. WHO RUNS OUT OF ALLERGY/COLD MEDICINE DURING SPRING COLD SEASON?!?!?! They did have Kleenex.

I went to the grocery store and found it. Ugh. While I was out, I did get a hair cut. Sometimes you just gotta do some thing that will make you feel good. Although I debated between a haircut (much needed) and a quick stop at the snarky LQS (it's the fabric after all.) Decided I wasn't really going to play with the fabric, but the haircut would cut down on the frustration factor in the personal up keep department.

So, here I sit in my comfy sweats with my drippy, sneezy nose and barking cough. I shall go take a hot shower and flush the nasal passages to try to have a relatively empty snot locker before bed.

I hope you all had a great Monday. Just think. It's over! Bring on Tuesday!
Hugs, Cathy

Dragonfly
March 15th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about all the illness and snuffles, I hope everyone improves soon, it almost makes me feel guilty about feeling well. At the moment I am feeling exceptionally good as I went for my annual boob squishing mammogram today and all is good so I am officially healthy for another year. One more year and I will become a positive statistic and they can stop worrying about whether I am alive, I will have become a five year survivor. :icon_bigsmile:

Well I'm off to bed, I'll catch you all tomorrow.