PDA

View Full Version : Honey Buns

SewManyThings
August 29th, 2013, 01:30 AM
So many of the tutorials I have been watching are using the solid Kona Honey Buns. When I go to the shop to order, I see that they are not available. Do you have an idea when you will get some more in stock? Also, is it going to be available in red or green? I think that would be so nice to use those in my Christmas quilting.

toggpine
August 29th, 2013, 12:19 PM
While I understand there are many reasons why folks buy the pre-cut solid strips, time, arthritis, etc. You can make your own if you really need/want them for a project. The Honey Bun strips are 1.5" wide by the Width of Fabric (WOF).

I do hope they get them back in stock for you and anyone else looking for them.

Suzette
August 29th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Oh, I here you! The whites and off whites (of both Jelly Rolls & Honey Buns) are sooooo often out of stock. Sure, I can make my own, but I have fallen in love with the precuts and wish they were available far more often.

And yes, I know it's not a MSQC issue, I'm sure they would have them in stock all the time if they could get them. ;) I guess it's a manufacturer/distributor issue. Just wish they'd get on the ball and make more! :D

nyscpa2be
August 29th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I agree. At times I wonder if sales departments of the manufacturers are keeping tabs on forums to determine what the end users are saying. It almost seems that they are relying on sales data from the manufacturer sales department rather than the customer sales, which would be a better indication of what is selling. Hmmm, maybe they need a management consultant to come in. Moda - I'm available - and you can pay me 1/2 in fabric!

Lisapc
August 29th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I am kind of leery of the Honey Buns. I might try on if it were ever a DD but I am a quilting chicken.

toggpine
August 30th, 2013, 02:30 AM
I bought one as one of my first pre-cuts. I took a jelly roll pattern and sized it down for the smaller width. It turned out OK. The strips only end up being 1" wide! Not so great for large print fabric lines.

Terri
September 3rd, 2013, 06:03 PM
I know what you mean....I have two black honey buns and feel lucky to have gotten them. Because when I was looking, it seemed that each time I looked they were out of stock. Last I looked only black & white were available...red & green would be wonderful for Christmas! :D

So many of the tutorials I have been watching are using the solid Kona Honey Buns. When I go to the shop to order, I see that they are not available. Do you have an idea when you will get some more in stock? Also, is it going to be available in red or green? I think that would be so nice to use those in my Christmas quilting.

HeatherN_WA
October 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
I would love to see honey buns in several colors. Are they only available in black, white, snow and a couple of prints? I like the look of the narrow strips in my quilting. They make a nice frame.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 17th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I love honey buns for sashing. I think they are offered in black, white and cream. I did find a cute kids print at their birthday bash in the sale room. I wish there were more solid colors available!

HeatherN_WA
October 19th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Ask and you shall receive. A few more were added today. :icon_hi: Thank you MSQ!!! Any chance you can add solid grey?

Kgrammiecaz
October 19th, 2013, 05:38 AM
I would love to see honey buns offered in many solid colors. One color per roll. I am a precut junkie and they really do help

Quiltlover
October 27th, 2013, 10:05 AM
I noticed there were more honey buns just recently in Kona dark colors and pastels...mixed. They were at a somewhat reduced price. Would like to get some of the darks when I can.

Brenda in Bama

easyquilts
October 27th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I am kind of leery of the Honey Buns. I might try on if it were ever a DD but I am a quilting chicken.

Why? I wish I could afford to stock up on solid honey buns and jelly rolls. You can count on them being nice and straight....and having them on hand would so speed things up. I love the convenience.