PDA

View Full Version : Paying bills, favotite thing....

MayinJerset
August 28th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Have some time before meeting DIL MJ for our Girls Lunch so I thought I'd put it to good use paying some bills. Paid the last premiums on our RX insurance and hope this does it. We have been reimbursed by DH's company's
3rd party agency for his RX and both our health insurance policies but they haven't done so for my RX plan. He called recently to tell them they haven't been paying his wife May so what do they do? They sent him a notice that he sent in a false claim as they have already paid him for the month of May. Having a hard time convincing them that I'm not a month but a real person.

Lisapc
August 28th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Your kidding? Talk about frustrating. About 12 yrs ago I applied for a Nursing Supervisors position. 2 weeks later I received quite a terse letter in response. Basically asking me what kind of a doctor would have any interest in being a nursing supervisor? Really? I am not a Dr. and never wanted to be, that is my cousin! I let it go because I didn't want to work for someone so stupid. I didn't include any documentation other than nursing.

MayinJerset
August 28th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Your kidding? Talk about frustrating. About 12 yrs ago I applied for a Nursing Supervisors position. 2 weeks later I received quite a terse letter in response. Basically asking me what kind of a doctor would have any interest in being a nursing supervisor? Really? I am not a Dr. and never wanted to be, that is my cousin! I let it go because I didn't want to work for someone so stupid. I didn't include any documentation other than nursing.

Well, I guess that person now works for our 3rd party agency. LOL! Not so funny after all as I am out quite a few dollars.
Wonder if I should ask them to pay me interest from the beginning of the year? Nah, that would totally confuse them and they will stop paying us altogether.

Lisapc
August 28th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Well, I guess that person now works for our 3rd party agency. LOL! Not so funny after all as I am out quite a few dollars.
Wonder if I should ask them to pay me interest from the beginning of the year? Nah, that would totally confuse them and they will stop paying us altogether.

It just frightens me what insurance companies do to people. There is such a plethora of unemployed workers you would think that these companies would be sure to hire those that have brains! You are a powerful being to be a whole month!

Bubby
August 28th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I have so many gripes about insurance companies and the health care industry as a whole! The thought that senior citizens aren't covered for prescriptions on Medicare just baffles me! Then they buy the Rx drug plans and they pay little or nothing. It's a sad commentary on our country when some seniors have to choose between buying food or their medications!

toggpine
August 28th, 2013, 03:28 PM
We sent a bill to our doctor for the hour+ wait for hubby's appointment. If the appointment is at 10 you NEVER get out of the waiting room before 11, etc.
The amount was about equal to our co-pay. I don't know if it helped, but if enough of us "complain" maybe they'll quit overbooking, or keep a tighter rein over the schedule.

Somehow, my dentist doesn't keep us waiting more than about 5 minutes.