PDA

View Full Version : Mobile at last!

Meli
August 28th, 2013, 02:42 AM
For the better part of two weeks, I've been hobbling about on both feet with the help of crutches. Last week I transitioned to 1 crutch. And the other day, I realized I wasn't really putting any weight on it, so I set it aside, took a deep breath, and took a step. And another. HOORAY! I've got two more weeks -- maybe three -- of wearing the boot. And if all goes well at that time, I'll be out of the walking boot and back on my own two feet and into BOTH shoes. Can't wait!

I've also attempted driving. I can do it. But I'm not really a fan.

lilmouse
August 28th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Glad to hear you are getting better; I am sure it has been very frustrating at times and you haven't hardly complained at all...so glad things are looking up for you..

bkthomas
August 28th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Take it easy! You do not want a set back!!!! Glad for you....still saying prayers for you!

Monique
August 28th, 2013, 07:14 AM
One day at a time.

Bubby
August 28th, 2013, 07:38 AM
I'm happy to hear you are healing and getting around on your own. Don't push it...you don't want to set yourself back. Hugs...

MayinJerset
August 28th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Good for you! Now remember to take it easy, we know you really want to get moving and get things done but we don't want you to do so much that the pain comes back again. May

Lisapc
August 28th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Great news. Now a shocker, another reminder to be careful!

Sandy Navas
August 28th, 2013, 10:39 AM
http://www.vickischreiner.com/Stamp_-_Kick_up_your_heels.jpg (http://www.vickischreiner.com/Shop.html)

Meli
August 28th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Ah, dear sweet mousie! You haven't heard me complain because you haven't been at my house, where I have whined and cried and flopped onto the bed in complete frustration and moped and made Jim tell me that he loved me seventeen times a day until he finally said, "If everything I've done for you in the past few weeks doesn't tell you how much I love you, then there aren't any words I can say that will prove it!"

Glad to hear you are getting better; I am sure it has been very frustrating at times and you haven't hardly complained at all...so glad things are looking up for you..