PDA

View Full Version : Mitered Borders

ncgrammie
August 27th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Maybe someone has asked this before but I would love it if Jenny would make a tutorial on making mitered borders. I have tried other tutorials but no one teaches like Jenny. Please......

nyscpa2be
August 27th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I second this motion. :icon_attention:

Lisapc
August 28th, 2013, 12:05 AM
I would love a tutorial for mitered borders.

Musical_Starling
August 28th, 2013, 12:29 AM
I second this motion. :icon_attention:

It is moved and seconded that Jenny make a tutorial for mitered borders. All in favour? :D

Judy~Ann
August 28th, 2013, 01:15 AM
I vote, "aye"

Iris Girl
August 28th, 2013, 06:01 AM
"aye"!!!!!!!

hh677
August 28th, 2013, 09:39 AM
I could have used a tutorial yesterday. I just finished a d4p top with a pieced scrappy strip border made from jelly roll strips. I made each border piece long enough to accomodate the length/width of the top, plus the width of the border x2, plus a few inches more so I could audition how the various prints were playing together. Stop stitching 1/4 inch in on each side. After attaching 2 contiguous borders, I folded the quilt diagonally and used my Companion Angle ruler to draw a stitch line that was 45 degrees out from the 1/4 inch mark where you stop stitching. I didn't trim the excess until all 4 borders were attached to my satisfaction.

One thing I did learn after making the first 2 borders - use your longer strips on either end on the border and your shorter strips between them. I also made each border several inches longer than they needed to be, an inch on each side would have been fine. I don't know if this is the "right" way to do it, but after a bit of fussing I got it to work. Live and learn!

I'm trying to attach an picture here, but I'm not sure that it is working ( or you may get several repeats of my picture as I've tried several times!) Another thing to learn!

Holly

New York Sue
August 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
For sure, Aye!

VickiJ
August 28th, 2013, 10:57 AM
First of all - I totally vote "aye" for a Jenny tutorial on this one, but until she actually gets a chance to accommodate us - I thought this tutorial on Craftsy was somewhat easy to follow. At least as far as the reading, not the actual doing part. LOL

Mitered Quilt Borders: A Sewing Step by Step Tutorial (http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2013/03/mitered-quilt-borders/)

SewManyThings
August 28th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Aye please. I am a newbie and I would like to learn it right the first time. I LOVE Jenny's way of teaching. Thanks!