PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
August 27th, 2013, 06:59 AM

Happy Tuesday Folksies

Yesterday was a busy day of run, run, running for me. Mom had an appt in the city early in the a.m. We didn't get home until mid afternoon, so I felt and still feel like what the heck happened to Monday? When the dr said I will see you back here in 6 weeks on October 7, I involuntarily gasped and said, Shut your mouth! Who knew that in 6 wks it would be Oct? I generally live one day at a time and then the months and seasons slap me in the face.

Today will be catch up day around the house, so I need to get the ball rolling here. Nothing fancy, important or big going on around here. I'll settle for that.

Off to ponder what I can take out of the freezer for this evening. Sigh. I so do not enjoy cooking. Make me wonder how my girth got to be the size it is. I think that is what my Daddy called the middle age spread. Guilty as charged.

Genny
August 27th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Good morning Blondie! Yes Tuesday is always a good day to smile...unless you wake up to SPAM...and I don't mean the kind you eat...lol...I can't believe that post was there so early in the morning! I kept reading it and thinking...HUH...guess I was still asleep:icon_bigsmile: Anyway, we have so many tomatoes ripening that I guess tonight is a BLT night...yum...

Have a great day everyone......

Bubby
August 27th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Good Morning,

It's going to be hotter than an oven here today. I have another long dental today from 1-5 or so. Please remember me in your prayers. My sugar is really high this morning for the first time in weeks and I'm sure it's because I'm dreading today.
I cleaned some carpet yesterday and got the house in order in case I'm off kilter for a few days later this week. I have plenty of sewing I can work on if I can concentrate well enough.

It's always the wrong time for SPAM!!

I hope everyone has a good day! I need to get Jeff off to work and try to get Miss Dottie to come out from behind the couch, where she goes to cry. Jeff has totally spoiled her in the short time she's been with us. She's upset because she can't be outdoors with him this morning and is letting the whole house know about it! Such is our life with Scottie girls.

Hugs and Blessings All Around.....

Jean Sewing Machine
August 27th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Hi folks! We enjoyed fall weather in July, now it's back to boiling hot weather!

I've had a love hate relationship lately with my beloved Janome 7700. Been in love for so long, but lately--well, something is definitely wrong with her, and she will NOT freemotion quilt. I had to go to the cheap Singer to get my placemat quilted. So, she's in the climic now, hoping that Dr. Mike can make her well. I do not want to replace that machine, at least not with a machine I have to make payments on!

My daughter and SIL will be leaving tomorrow for Atlanta to close on their. New home and he will interview for a job transfer there. Can't say too much and jinx this final step, because they've been jinxed before by counting eggs before they were securely in the basket. I will miss them terribly! It has been great having them here, we cook and eat dinner, and it's great not eating alone! He's taken my " honey-do" and gotten it down to just a few items, lots of big things that I would have to pay someone to do! Don't know when they will get back to St. Louis, guess it means a road trip for me to go see them! ( and Ruby and Don!)

Happy Tuesday, have a great daY!

P.S. I got rid of the spam!

dwil23
August 27th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Good Morning all! Still recouping from a rough night at work. Now to make that drive home in rush hour traffic. Yuck.

Blondie, my DD discovered a pinterest site that gives you recipes and shopping lists to do your shopping and cooking once a month. She has done this twice now, and it has worked out well. The basic premise is that you put all of your ingredients into a ziploc bag marked with the name of the dish and your cooking instructions. Then you freeze the whole thing. In the evening, decide what you want the next day, defrost overnight in the fridge and empty the bag into the crockpot in the morning. Dinner is done! All of the recipes she tried were good - some better than others. She said there are tons of recipes out there that can be used as well as adapting your favorites.

It sure makes it easier than trying to figure something out on a daily basis.

Everyone have a great day!

Monique
August 27th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Good morning. I got a little bit of quilting done yesterday. Last night we attended a little party my niece was having to celebrate TWO years she has had her hair salon. At the time she was starting this up, her husband of two years left her, bas*****tard. Well now she is flying high and well respected and much loved by first her family and second by her clients. Hubby was bartender for the evening, a job he took seriously as no one's glass stayed empty for very long. Today I need to tag all my projects for the fair. They need to be there tomorrow night. Probably more quilting as well today.

Summer has arrived this week for sure. Another sticky one today but pretty foggy at the moment.

I wish all of you a FANTASTIC day.

pcbatiks
August 27th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Good morning forum friends. Barb, plenty of prayers coming your way for today.....hope your appointment goes smoothly. And Donna........can you share the pinterest site with us.........that sounds interesting. Love on pot meals! I cooked a roast for 10 hours in the crock pot this weekend........yummy!

I've been machine appliqueing on my aunt's quilt & looking forward to finishing this project soon. One flower left to applique.

Need to tackle Mt Clothesmore this morning!

Hope you all have a good day!

Bailey65
August 27th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Good Tuesday morning!
I have had my coffee, doggies are fed, and have gone out to do their duty :) I am so far very pleased with the potty training of the new pup. She has had 3 accidents since Friday. I will say no more :/ I did get a tote bag made yesterday. Today I need to grocery shopping
has to be done :icon_angry::icon_angry: which is one of my least favorite things to do. Hoping to get out of here early and get back soon because we are back in the heat & humidity :icon_bah: Hopefully when I get back I can spend a little time sewing. I will see how the morning goes. Have a wonderful day everyone!!

MRoy
August 27th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I'm glad to hear that someone else doesn't like to cook. If it weren't for DH, I wouldn't cook at all. Thank goodness he doesn't mind leftovers so I can cook less often.

Barb, I hope your dental appointment goes well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I hope everyone has a great day. It's hot and muggy here. I need to get out and take my walk before it gets hotter.

grannyann
August 27th, 2013, 09:47 AM
A good Tuesday morning to all. It is already humid here and going to get a lot hotter this week. I did get my walk in early and need to find something to keep me busy today. There are plenty of things to do it is just picking out what I want to do.
Have a wonderful good news day.

cyndiofthevortex
August 27th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Good morning, all. Barb, I will especially be thinking of you today and praying all goes well. I am on Day 3 of the Great Babysitting Adventure. As I said, this job is not for sissies. I'll be glad when their parents come home. It's more work than I remember. The little one stayed up late, got up early and "shared" my oatmeal by eating all of it. When I am relieved of duty I MUST do some sewing to get my sanity back. You know what they say about insanity? You inherit it from your children. Or grandchildren, as the case may be.

MayinJerset
August 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Still cool here in Jersey so I'm happy. It's been said that cool weather is good sleeping weather but last night that was too much for me. Knees were aching around 8pm so I took 2 Advil and went to lie down on our bed until they kicked in and next thing I knew it was 10:30. Went out to watch TV with DH, he went to bed at 11 and I promptly feel asleep again. Up only once during the night for a pit stop and then asleep until 7am. Maybe tonight I should keep the windows closed to keep the great sleeping weather out!

One thing I did do last night was to prepare binding for granddaughter Mary's quilt. I want to get the quilt in the mail to here by Wednesday so I better hop to it. Also need to mail a stack of string blocks to gal holding retreat next month that I can't attend.

I like to cook but it does get to be a pain. We food shopped yesterday and I picked up some thin chicken breasts for dinner, had some in freezer but the fresh pack was good to go for dinner. Comes time to make dinner and no chicken in the fridge. I was so efficient in putting the new food stuff away I tossed them into the freezer. Glad I had some hot dogs for the weekend BBQ because that's was what we had.

Came across this photo that I know Blondie will enjoy. 54441

Lisapc
August 27th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Bubby: Praying today goes very well with no issues for you this time. I know those girls will be waiting to love on you when you get home.

Lil' Peter is off to his first day of third grade and Big Peter stayed home to spend the day with just me. Silly but a dream come true for me. The first day of school with just us to relax in the house. He has already picked a movie to watch and he is enjoying his last cup of coffee on the deck so I can have mine while checking in here. The dogs are already depressed the big yellow bus took their boy away.

Have a wonderful day and prayers to all!

GinnyKNC
August 27th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Good Morning :) I had a few minutes in between jobs so I thought I would stop in and say hello. Finished up another 3 baby quilts and now to need to finish up 3 more. Then I get to do some for my first grandbaby :) By the way we found out last Wednesday that it's a GIRL! I'm so excited. I'm so use to buying and making for boys that this is going to be wonderful. Today is my son and daughter in-laws 8th year anniversary. I hope they have a blessed day.
Hugs and prayers to those in need. God Bless all

New York Sue
August 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM
So I just finished my first 12 hour shift of three nights, so I'm in my eat, work, sleep REPEAT mode.
Now there is this fallacy that babies come with a full moon. NOT true. I've been an L&D nurse for 28 years...
So I admit this patient in active labor, with her Mom accompanying insisting she KNEW labor was going to occur when it did.
The barometric pressure DROPPED.
CRAP. REALLY?
I just may be in for a 'fly by the seat' night, tonight. Because I always thought there was a correlation....
I wish you all a great day. And especially, sewing time! I LONG for that.
On a positive note, I am coming up on a stretch of days off, that just might GET me there...WOOHOO!

SuzyQue
August 27th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Another hot and humid day in our shortened summer. Thank goodness for the ac! Second day of school and deep cleaning.......who knows what cabinet I will muck in today! Perhaps I can save a little energy for some piecing later!

Bubby--prayers said for you today. I hope your appointment goes much smoother than you are thinking. Dreading and worrying will cause that blood sugar spike. I hope you have an easier time this go round and feel much better soon.

Mom23
August 27th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Good Morning All,

Blondie, I really dislike cooking too. I have tried this website to fix several crock pot recipes at one time. I spent a Sunday afternoon making it all, placed in freezer bags, then cooked as needed. It was just enough for the two of us with enough leftovers for the next day. They have a wide array of recipes, and the best thing is, they have a shopping list so you don't have to read through all the recipes.
10 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals in Less than 90 Minutes | Six Sisters' Stuff (http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/02/10-slow-cooker-freezer-meals-in-less.html)

Barb, good luck at the dentist today. You are living many people's greatest nightmare!

All the talk lately about snakes has left me on snake patrol around our house. Well, my daughter's boyfriend was working at his land about a mile from us on Sunday and he saw a big snake. I mean a big, big snake. He shot it and yesterday he took it to his DNR friend. It was a python!! They think it was someone's pet that got too big. Icky! I had to mow yesterday but I didn't mow under any trees. Hubby will have to take finish tonight.

I'm off to our quilt guild sew day. We will be working on blankets for Project Linus all day. When I get home I am determined to get my Into the Light mystery quilt finished. My one year old nephew comes tomorrow and will be here until Saturday. I don't see me getting much sewing done.

Blessings,
Robin

toggpine
August 27th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Running through this morning. Have to have Mom to an appointment in Seattle by 10. I guess our summer is over a few days early. This the schedule we'll be on for "back to school" wake ups. Ugh.

Coffee first, and then AM farm chores, followed by drastic measure to get the girl out of bed.

Hugs and prayers to my quilty friends who are in need of them today. Especially Barb & her dentist.
Cathy

alliek
August 27th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Good morning all, Mom is waiting with her purse and sweater in the kitchen to go to the doctor for her checkup. They love her at the office. She get'"showed off" as if she is a doll or something. I guess at almost 98 and still in good health (I hope) it is special. DH is somewhat grumpy today, oh well. Blondie, if I didn't have to cook I wouldn't either. It's trying to make dinner every night and not make it boring and make things everyone likes (that's the biggie!). Well have to go, Love to all and God's Blessings for a lovely day.:icon_wave:

Sandy Navas
August 27th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Sending good vibes to Bubby and Bubby's dentist!! Sure hope you have an easier time of it and your recovery from all this turmoil in your mouth is shortened and pain free.

Python? A week or so ago they found an alligator in a lake in our neck of the woods. Someone's pet - finally claimed it and I guess they let him keep it. Amazing the things people think they need and when the care gets too much it is easier to turn it loose than to transfer ownership -- never have understood the need to keep exotic pets, although I begged my Dad to get me a spider monkey when I was about 12.

Not sure what the day will bring other than hot and humid weather. My coffee cup is empty so I'm off for a refill!!

lilmouse
August 27th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Still cool here in Jersey so I'm happy. It's been said that cool weather is good sleeping weather but last night that was too much for me. Knees were aching around 8pm so I took 2 Advil and went to lie down on our bed until they kicked in and next thing I knew it was 10:30. Went out to watch TV with DH, he went to bed at 11 and I promptly feel asleep again. Up only once during the night for a pit stop and then asleep until 7am. Maybe tonight I should keep the windows closed to keep the great sleeping weather out!

One thing I did do last night was to prepare binding for granddaughter Mary's quilt. I want to get the quilt in the mail to here by Wednesday so I better hop to it. Also need to mail a stack of string blocks to gal holding retreat next month that I can't attend.

I like to cook but it does get to be a pain. We food shopped yesterday and I picked up some thin chicken breasts for dinner, had some in freezer but the fresh pack was good to go for dinner. Comes time to make dinner and no chicken in the fridge. I was so efficient in putting the new food stuff away I tossed them into the freezer. Glad I had some hot dogs for the weekend BBQ because that's was what we had.

Came across this photo that I know Blondie will enjoy. 54441

Love the coffee cup, that is so cute and would fit more than just Blondie...it takes two to make me halfway coherent in the morning!
Barb, you are in my prayers today...and I am sure stress as driven up the sugar count....stress sure can do funny things to our bodies,
I have to get into the sewing room...got a call yesterday for a baby quilt; needed by Friday....yikes! I have the fabric; but needed to add some coordinating fabric from the stash for it....thinking maybe sashed blocks...something really simple! Only have two fabric for it....Daddy plays in a football league so three guesses what the theme of this quilt is going to be!
Everyone have a wonderful day....I am on Day 6 of being smoke free and I am loving it!
Hugs and prayers for all...will check in later today!

nyscpa2be
August 27th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Morning all,

Prayers and hugs to all who need them.

Monique - I so wish that passports were current - I'm 5.5 hours away, and would love to come see your quilts at the fair!

I'm on my second cup of coffee, looking forward to 3 and 4, and will be spending part of the morning frogging. Ugh. I have 4.5" squares (pieced) that are edge pieces, and I need white HST sewn on to make a larger triangle - the quilt is on point. Well, I cut 28 4.5" HSTs last night, and sewed 14 onto one side of the squares. And then I realized that it should have been 5" HST. So I now need to frog and recut. But I do know to keep the 4.5" HSTs - they will be good for something in the future. Then off to do some chores, look for a job online, submit some resumes, and I might get back to cutting the sashing and finishing half the quilt top today - waiting on border fabric to come in.

Dinner - dad just brought up two pounds! of chorizo - and we have "bam bam" bats of zucchini - I swear these things are HUGE this year. But he's upset because I said no to his dinner plans - I can't eat any tomato products, and hate zucchini, so stuffed zucchini is not appealing at all. And since I'm cooking, I choose what we eat. Haha.

Madeforyouinma11
August 27th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Good morning everyone..
Barb, I will keep you in my prayers today for a smooth appointment with a short recovery time.
Today hubby and I need to go buy him some new dress shoes. After that I will come home and get to sewing. I have a quilt that needs finishing for a wedding on September 8.
Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment. I had a terrible toothache over the weekend. It's ok now but needs to be taken care of. I am actually going to have a consult about getting dentures on the top. I'm really nervous about it even though its something I have wanted for awhile. Insurance doesn't cover too much so I need to see what my portion will be.
Well, it's cloudy and 72 here, but very humid. It's actually supposed to rain most of the day..most of this week.
Off to get things going. Hubby won't move unless I push him, so here I go. Hope everyone has a great day doing what makes you smile.

Mpyles
August 27th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Evening all....I am so out of whack lately...about 15 hours late getting here!

I hope barbs appointment went well! Blondie...hate to cook as well!! Luckily I married a man who will grocery shop and cook...wooohoooo! Looks like everyone is having some hot humid weather...myself included!

When I got on the iPad to see what was going on here...it was out if frustration!! Do you ever have days where you just wanna scream!! I am frustrated at my husband right now for not taking responsibility for his health. He had a special defibrillator put in last October. Since and of late he is having more issues with his heart. They want him to use a monitoring device at home...a simple phone call about a phone line and instructions is all he needed to do....grrrrr ....but his wife takes care of this!!!! C'mon!!! Step up!!! It's just so irritating, he runs a multi million dollar company and I have to make the phone call and hook it up???

Ahhhh I feel better...thanks ladies!!