PDA

View Full Version : Outlander's fans - I know you are out there - you got me hooked!

ilive2craft2
August 26th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Ok, you guys got me hooked on Outlanders by Diana Gabaldon! I am up to An Echo in the Bone already.

I keep saying I am going to stop, but then I finish the current book and download the next. My quilting has suffered due to all of the reading....

Gayle8675309
August 26th, 2013, 08:36 PM
I just looked it up on amazon. I LOVE highland romances, I may have to check this series out.

Jernmegmom
August 26th, 2013, 09:19 PM
The MOST amazing books. I even got them on audiobook so I can listen to them while I go about my day. I can't wait for the TV SERIES!!!!!!!

Nidan_07
August 26th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Yep. Am a Big fan of this series. Got a few of my friends hooked on these books, too. I am going to start re reading them soon, so I can go from start to finish without waiting for next book to come out. So much happens in each book that by the time the next one comes out I have to re read the last one. Just easier to start again. I started reading them about 14 years ago. Diana Gabaldon is an absolutely amazing writer. I met her here in Brisbane for a literary morning tea, where she read an excerpt of one of her books and answered questions. Such an Intellegent woman.
Would be really interested to see who they cast in a TV series / movie series. I am not sure about the role of Claire, but I think that that guy from Greys Anatomy (was married to Christina). I think he would make a great Jamie. My other choice would be the guy who plays Brodie in Homeland (the British guy).
Any other suggestions for castings??

ilive2craft2
August 26th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I am so out of the loop I didn't realize they were going to do a tv or movie series. I like your idea about the guy from Grey's Anatomy - he would make a great Jamie!

I think it was Tanya D that started a thread about this series back in April and once I started, I haven't stopped.

Grandma G
August 26th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Yep. Am a Big fan of this series. Got a few of my friends hooked on these books, too. I am going to start re reading them soon, so I can go from start to finish without waiting for next book to come out. So much happens in each book that by the time the next one comes out I have to re read the last one. Just easier to start again. I started reading them about 14 years ago. Diana Gabaldon is an absolutely amazing writer. I met her here in Brisbane for a literary morning tea, where she read an excerpt of one of her books and answered questions. Such an Intellegent woman.
Would be really interested to see who they cast in a TV series / movie series. I am not sure about the role of Claire, but I think that that guy from Greys Anatomy (was married to Christina). I think he would make a great Jamie. My other choice would be the guy who plays Brodie in Homeland (the British guy).
Any other suggestions for castings??

I have been out of the forum loop lately with babysitting my three grandchildren for the last two weeks non stop. So tonight I needed to get my adult brain working again and saw this thread and just had to jump in and add my two cents worth. A friend got me started on the Outlander series a couple of years ago and boy, was I hooked. I read them back to back. Diana Gabaldon is a brilliant writer. Every time I finished a book I would wonder about her creative imagination and how it seems to be in overdrive. I am 100% with you for casting Kevin McKidd from Grey's Anatomy as Jamie. And - he even went to the University of Edinburgh!! Just Google his name for a picture of "Jamie". I hadn't really thought about who might play any other characters. I just couldn't get past my Jamie!! :icon_rolleyes: Hey, I may be old but I sure ain't dead!!!

BTW - the next Outlander book is due out in March, 2014. I have already pre-ordered it! It is titled "Written in My Own Heart's Blood: A Novel". It is 1008 pages in length. No wonder there is so much time between books...that's a lot of words!!

I have a really good friend that has already been to Scotland twice since reading these books. She said she would have "talked to the stones" but she was afraid she would end up as a kitchen wench with Jamie no where in sight...

Didn't know about a possible TV series. There is some pretty adult material in the books and wonder how they would deal with that.

Glad I saw this thread!!! Thanks!

Meli
August 27th, 2013, 12:24 AM
LOVE this series! And I have done my part to get others addicted to them as well. Hmmm... wonder if we can talk to Diana Gabaldon and set up some sort of kickback every time we get a new victim to buy a book?

Andrea F
August 27th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Ive read the books several years ago and I loved them too.