PDA

View Full Version : Were you born on a holiday?

Hulamoon
August 26th, 2013, 03:55 PM
My step dd called today and said you know it's your BD next week and it's labor day, the kids are off school. Let's get together. How sweet:)

So I was born on Labor day
One dd was born on fathers day
Dh was born on girls day lol

So were you born on a holiday?

nyscpa2be
August 26th, 2013, 04:01 PM
No, but my birthday should be a national holiday. After all, I was born that day, peeps! Haha.

nyscpa2be
August 26th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Oh, and happy birthday a week early!!!

MayinJerset
August 26th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Happy Birthday Hula Mom,

When I was born 1/15/1936 it wasn't a holiday but has become one since then because it is Martin Luther King's birthdate also. It's celebrated on the 3rd Monday of January and not January 15 but I got the day off from work and I considered that a good Bday gift.

bubba
August 26th, 2013, 04:06 PM
I was born on the National Holiday of Pat's birthday...hahahahaah!

Hulamoon
August 26th, 2013, 04:09 PM
lol Amy

I share a date with Keanu Reeves. Then I found out he went the other way, darn it!

Doloris
August 26th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I wasn't born on a holiday, but my oldest DS was born on July 4th.
oh yea, I was born on my grandparents wedding anniversary, does that count.

Daytonalady
August 26th, 2013, 04:34 PM
My son was born on Flag Day, June 14th.

starapple54
August 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Happy Birthday !!
My Birthday Is Veterans Day 11\11
Angela

K. McEuen
August 26th, 2013, 05:06 PM
One of my sisters was born on September 5th. She always hated it because when she was in school and it started after Labor Day, it almost always was on her birthday.

Me, I was born on Dia de Los Muertos. the Day of the Dead.

Nidan_07
August 26th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Not exactly......... But I do share a birthday with Elvis, Stephen Hawking, David Bowie and Shirley Bassey. Isn't Elvis's Birthday a holiday over there?

Bailey65
August 26th, 2013, 05:14 PM
I wasn't born on a holiday but my hubby was born 2 days after Christmas. He always gets his birthday gifts wrapped in Christmas paper and he usually doesn't get quite as much as a Birthday should because you have spent all your $$ on Christmas!

Grama Debbie
August 26th, 2013, 05:25 PM
My daughter's birthday is May 5. She thought her preschool Cinca de Mayo celebration was for her!

mamaquilt
August 26th, 2013, 05:32 PM
my birthday isn't quite a holiday, but a special day. I was born Wednesday .......... April 1st. I'm no fool though. My mom had to phone her parents on April 2nd to confirm my birth, as they didn't believe her the day before.

bkthomas
August 26th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Beware the Ides of March!!!! The 15th and my one brother was born St. Patrick's day
Morgan's (DGD) is the 4th of July - Stetson's (DGS) is Dec, 7 Pearl Harbor Day

bubba
August 26th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I just googled my birthday!!! I was born on 'Take your pants for a walk' day!!!! However, my dad was born on Halloween!

KathyCrofoot
August 26th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I wasn't born on a holiday, but every several years my birthday falls on Thanksgiving. Same with my son, whose birthday is 2 days before mine. In my family, we all have Birthdays between thanksgiving and Christmas, Son, me, Dad, Mom and Hubby from Nov 22 to Dec 16. That's a lot of partying in the last 5 weeks of the year! :lol:

Andrea F
August 26th, 2013, 06:12 PM
No one in our house was born on a holiday, but my younger son was born on my grandmothers 80th birthday. So he was a present not only to me and DH. And my boys are born on October 10th and April 4th.

edwina
August 26th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Hi I as born on the 1st of January.so my family shout happy birthday before they shout happy new year . :icon_hi:

Mom23
August 26th, 2013, 07:05 PM
When I was born, September 11 wasn't a day of any significance. Since the 911 attacks my birthday is always clouded in horrific memories. I do have one good birthday story though. When Oprah Winfrey gave all the audience members a new car, I was in the audience celebrating my birthday. I took my sister to the show with me and she won a car too. That was in 2004 and my daughter still drives the car. My license plates are THNXOW1. Thanks Oprah Winfrey, you're number 1!!!

Didn't mean for it to be such a long post but her generosity changed my attitude about my birthday.

Genny
August 26th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I wasn't born on a holiday...I was born on Friday the 13th :icon_scared:

MartinaG
August 26th, 2013, 07:20 PM
My son was born on Flag Day, June 14th.

So was my DH.

K. McEuen
August 26th, 2013, 07:21 PM
I just googled my birthday!!! I was born on 'Take your pants for a walk' day!!!! However, my dad was born on Halloween!

Wait, isn't every day "take your pants for a walk day?" Otherwise you may be arrested for indecent exposure!

When I was born, September 11 wasn't a day of any significance. Since the 911 attacks my birthday is always clouded in horrific memories.

My other sister's birthday is September 11th as well as 2 of my nephews, one from my brother and one from the Sept. 5th sister.

ilive2craft2
August 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Mine is May 4th and sometimes it is Mother's Day. My dad's was June 21st (longest day of the year and sometimes right with Father's day), My sister's is December 21st (shortest day of the year) - her son's is the 20th and her daughter's is the 27th. So, we know to use birthday paper for the birthday presents. My son's is June 13th, but it wasn't a Friday the year he was born - sometimes it is right with Father's day too.

dwil23
August 26th, 2013, 08:12 PM
No but all four of my kids were born on/near a "holiday". Oldest DS - was born on Super Bowl Sunday, Oldest DD is October 31st - Halloween. Youngest DD shares your Birthday, Sept 2nd, will be 21 this year, and youngest DS Mother's Day week.

alliek
August 26th, 2013, 08:24 PM
No holiday, but I share the date with William Shakespeare, Sandra Dee (does anyone remember??),Shirley Temple, Roy Orbison and a few other "famous through the ages" persona. Hmmm maybe my birthday should be a holiday too!

Bubby
August 26th, 2013, 08:34 PM
I was almost a Valentine but missed it by a few minutes and was born on February 15th. One of my sisters was born on Columbus Day (October 12th) and my other sister was born on Thanksgiving Day, but that holiday date changes, My Dad was born on Christmas. We were a real holiday family.

Sandy Navas
August 26th, 2013, 11:39 PM

I can't think of a more wonderful way to celebrate a birthday!!!! Congrats!

Lisapc
August 27th, 2013, 12:16 AM
No but my favorite brother out of all 6 of them, Mark has the same birthday as you. He is handsome, big hearted and a talented finish carpenter.

I wish you the best birthday ever and thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten his birthday was coming up.

lilmouse
August 27th, 2013, 12:29 AM
My birthday falls just before Labor Day...and it used to go like this...me on Aug32, My Dad on Sept 3, my younger brothers on Sept 7 and Sept 9.....so my mother would make one BDay cake for all of us in the middle....I always felt is was so unfair!

lilmouse
August 27th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Oops I meant on Aug 31....not 32! LOL

easyquilts
August 27th, 2013, 12:56 AM
No, but September 11th, is my birthday....

Oldquilter72
August 27th, 2013, 08:03 AM
My mother was born on Easter Sunday April 12 1914 She will be 100 years old next year. My sister was born on Easter Sunday April 12. I was born on July 4th and a nephew on Dec. 25th.

Iris Girl
August 27th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I wasn't that I knew of, but doing a google search and June 5 is ... attitude day, go fly a kite day ,national gingerbread day and hot air balloon day...who woulda known.

my oldest son was born on Dr Suess's birthday march 2nd

Hubby has national granola bar day...very fitting for him

My youngest is march 9... national panic day also national crabmeat day

CrazyGranny
August 27th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Yes, I was born on Easter Sunday and have the telegram my Dad sent my Grandfather to announce my arrival because in 1938 a long distance call was an extravagance! The telegram is decorated with bunnies, chicks, and Easter eggs and I had it framed as a keepsake.

MRoy
August 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I was born on Dec 19, six days before Christmas and National Oatmeal Muffin Day according to the internet. Birthday and Christmas sort of get lumped together.

MayinJerset
August 27th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Yes, I was born on Easter Sunday and have the telegram my Dad sent my Grandfather to announce my arrival because in 1938 a long distance call was an extravagance! The telegram is decorated with bunnies, chicks, and Easter eggs and I had it framed as a keepsake.

Now that is something to keep.

I was one of the first to post about my Bday but after reading all the new posts I realized there are other 'holiday' Bdays in my family.
First my grandfather Jim was born Jan. 1 and named Gennaro (January in Italian), my brother Jim was born July 4th, my sister in law on Valentine's Day, my sister Patti on Girl Scout Day (was expected for St. Pat's Day so hence her name in Patricia) and granddaughter Josi on Thanksgiving. Josi's Bday isn't on every Thanksgiving but it is this year.

2 of my sons were born in December and no lumping their Bdays with Christmas gifts or wrapping paper although nowadays their gifts are checks enclosed in a Bday card. No checks for anyone on Christmas, everyone gets at least one gift.

Hulamoon
August 27th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks for all of the wonderful stories and wishes:) For those the that have been googling dates and in the secret swap, take that as a hint ;)

nyscpa2be
August 27th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Several have mentioned the correlation between Christmas and Birthdays with regards to presents. True, and sad, story. My sisters were born in July and August. I was born Dec. 9, though I was due in November, so maybe this is my fault. Megan and Beth would always get summer birthday parties, and summer birthday presents from our aunts. Then Christmas would come - and we would all get together for the holiday. Megan and Beth would open Christmas presents, and it would be worth (say) $20. Then I would open my combined birthday/Christmas present - and it would be the EXACT same present as their Christmas present - no addition for my birthday. And yeah, I noticed. And I cried. And I was called a spoiled baby brat. But it sucked, alot. And it wasn't just my aunts - a grandmother committed the same crime.

Just a little lesson for anyone with little kids with Christmas season birthdays. :(

Hulamoon
August 27th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Several have mentioned the correlation between Christmas and Birthdays with regards to presents. True, and sad, story. My sisters were born in July and August. I was born Dec. 9, though I was due in November, so maybe this is my fault. Megan and Beth would always get summer birthday parties, and summer birthday presents from our aunts. Then Christmas would come - and we would all get together for the holiday. Megan and Beth would open Christmas presents, and it would be worth (say) $20. Then I would open my combined birthday/Christmas present - and it would be the EXACT same present as their Christmas present - no addition for my birthday. And yeah, I noticed. And I cried. And I was called a spoiled baby brat. But it sucked, alot. And it wasn't just my aunts - a grandmother committed the same crime.

Just a little lesson for anyone with little kids with Christmas season birthdays. :(

I will remember your your story because my stepson just had his first baby last Dec. I'm going to be making two cakes for the 1st birthday, little mermaid and a boat hauling a big fish. lol. I sure hope they never combine these together. It's sad to hear that people want to save a little money to do that. I'm sorry to hear you had that experience.

SallyO'Sews
August 27th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Nope, my birthday is not on a holiday, BUT I have always known a handful of people with whom I share a birthday, including DD#5!
And my DS#1 was born on my mother's 55th birthday.

MayinJerset
August 27th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Amy,
The least the unthinking relatives could do was add another little present for you, I'm sure you would have appreciated it even if it was wrapped in Christmas paper.

Talk about unthinking relatives, in this case my parents, as this post brought some family stuff to mind. My sisters and I were talking about family stuff the other week. There are, or were, 4 older children and 3 younger ones in our family. I'm oldest and next is my brother Jim, always called Mr. Jim by my father. I was Miss May for a brief time but he was always Mr. Jim. Anyway told younger sisters that parents always had a big cake for Jim's 4th of July Bday. They were shocked as they never, as well the rest of us, had Bday parties or gifts. Have to say brother Jim in a good guy, never took advantage of his special place with our father. He is still Mr. Jim to me, tried to get that embroidered on a shirt for his 70th Bday a few years ago but couldn't get it done in time. Sister Patti got him a Mr. Jim baseball cap.

Hulamoon
August 27th, 2013, 01:36 PM
I hope my post didn't bring up bad memories, but it's good to get them out. Mine was when I was put in a school uniform parochial school when I was little and my mom left me there over the summer, my birthday included. I have some issues. I can't slap her because she is gone, But I can slap her here:)

MayinJerset
August 27th, 2013, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=Hulamoon;370827]I hope my post didn't bring up bad memories, but it's good to get them out. Mine was when I was put in a school uniform parochial school when I was little and my mom left me there over the summer, my birthday included. I have some issues. I can't slap her because she is gone, But I can slap her here:)[/QUOTE

I know what you mean, but it is good to air them out of our minds every once in awhile and go on to more pleasant memories .

Madeforyouinma11
August 27th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Actually, all 5 out of 6 kids in my family were born on a holiday.
Sister- April 17- falls on Easter sometimes
Sister- July 4
Sister - November 24 - falls on Thanksgiving sometimes
Brother - November 1- All Saints Day and
Me- December 8 - Immaculate Conception
I have another brother that was born on july19, not a holiday but my first born was christened on his birthday.

bkthomas
August 27th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I see from this I have more lists to make!!!!!

Judy~Ann
August 27th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Well, I didn't know this before you asked.... however my birthday is also National Eskimo Pie Patent Day ;).
Another website says I was born on National Beer Can Appreciation day ...lol

Just think if you're born on January 27 .... you're birthday would fall on Thomas Crapper Day (he's the one who invented the flush toilet)

Kelly F
August 27th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Happy birthday!