PDA

View Full Version : Monday - a new week

Blondie
August 26th, 2013, 06:34 AM

Happy Monday Folksies

The temps are just perfect right at this moment. Actually, this past weekend it was very pleasant in the temperature dept. I was able to keep the windows open while at work on Saturday. A few ladies showed up with light sweaters on. It felt like heaven to me. Oh, I love fall!

We had the grand dogs this weekend. My DD and hubs went camping. It has been awhile since we've had them for a sleep over. In the past several months, they have added a new pooch to the family - Max, the Sheltie. Max is about 4 years old and the perfect gentleman. Cheyenne the Shepherd is officially a year old and a few months. She is still a goofy overgrown puppy. Lady the doxie is still the perfect dog. Our pooch Gracie was put out at first and then decided it was time to join in the revelry of the pack. I slept on the sofa all weekend at the bottom of the puppy pile. You really haven't lived unless you've experienced a 3 dog night. We had a terrible thunderstorm Friday night. Cheyenne doesn't like them and walked a lot while whining and drooling. In the morning, I almost didn't need a shower but I didn't think my clients would appreciate my new hair gel. Talk about stinky! The kids just came back last evening to get them. I really want to go back to bed and finish my sleep but don't think that's gonna happen.

Lots to try to get accomplished today - I'll try to check in later. Blessings, hugs and smiles to y'all. Off to find the coffee pot . . .

Cathy F
August 26th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mormimg All,
I'm Just awake. Was glad to see I've got a WiFi connection here as I'm at a quilt retreat at Blue Mountain lake. This is such a peaceful place I don't' think I'll want to leave on Wednesday! I't's amazing how much you can accomplish in 5 days when there is no cooking or housework and I get to spend quality time with my sister who's also attending. Well, wishing everyone a good day I'll be back on Thursday.

Iris Girl
August 26th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Morning everyone looks like it will be cloudy and showery here today, typical monday. we got a late start not ggetting up til 4:30, had to rush a bit to get hubby out the door. Didn't get any sewing done over the weekend, but went for a nice motorcycle ride sat. Suday we were invited to the neighbors for drinks and desserts after dinner. we did not stay long as we needed to be up early for hubby work. This will be his 2nd week on the new job. Did get to make solid plans with my neighbor on shopping for a machine and supplies for her as she will be joining my sewing classes in Sept. Thats it for me hugs to those that need and smile all.

grannyann
August 26th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Good Monday morning. Today the public schools start .Two of my grand children started on August 12 but they go to a Catholic school.
Our temps are going to be in the 90s all week and no rain in sight and we sure do need it.
Saturday my husband had his 76th BD I gave him his flag I made . He wasn't feeling so good so we just had a quiet day.
Blondie I am so glad for you that you have your own shop across the street. Years and years ago I was a hairdresser but decided that wasn't for me.
Hope all have a wonderful Monday and week. God Bless you all.

Granny Judy
August 26th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I'm up and Waiting for Son & family to get here...last contact states he'll be in around noon today. Geesh, I could have slept in!! But that's the Momma coming out in me. Always up and worried when the children are on the road, esp when they are coming home.

He's driving a big ol camper.. bus size!! He always surprises me with His Tastes. I guess he can afford it.. He doesn't tell me much about his work- consultant type stuff is all I know. Info gathering?? Maybe. I keep telling him Big brother is watching and he says, NO I'm NOT!!

Off to the kitchen to see what all I can whip into shape for a meal... The left overs don't stay left over.. and the deserts don't last thru the night.. we have a Sweet Tooth Fairy (or two) who raid the refrigerator when there are goodies around.

Lots of hugs and smiles going out to everyone..

mamaquilt
August 26th, 2013, 08:15 AM
good morning,

Here the temperature is also fall(ing) 16 degrees Celsius and its raining. I don't mind at all. Therefore I went into town to get batting for my mystery quilt and I'm trying to quilt it this afternoon.
At the same time I purchased another gooddie for my secret pal. I should've bought 2 items and keep one. Maybe I'll return next week and get one for myself. I wish I knew who'd be my pal. Have to wait another couple of month.

Off to the sewing room with a bottle of water. Have a nice quilting week

Bubby
August 26th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Good Morning,

Jeff just left for work and the Girls have finished their breakfast. I have a load of sheets in the washer and when I get off here I need to do a little housework and later there are errands to be run. Tomorrow is a big dental day for me again. They have me scheduled from 1-6 pm.

It's incredibly hot and humid here. Jeff was so miserable he couldn't enjoy his coffee on the porch and ended up coming indoors.

I mailed off a box of quilts to Marilyn for the PICU Friday and finally my grandson's quilt went into the mail to my DD to deliver to him when she makes a trip to California next month. It feels good to have these projects taken care of. Now I can go forward. In a day or so the tomato quilt will be totally done if I can find the time to put on the borders.

I hope everyone has a good Monday! I always try to make Monday a slow day because we do so much on the weekend. I tried this when I was still working but it seldom worked out!

Blessings to you all.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 26th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Hi everyone! Got caught up on my sleep, but no naps yesterday! DD and SIL and I went to a local mall to return something and browse, followed by a nice dinner out. Sweet SIL bought me a small compressor for our bike tires as a surprise, very nice gift. they are closing on their house on Friday in Atlanta, and are leaving Thurs., so my daughter will be gone for good, he needs to come back for a while to finish up work commitments here. Dogs are going to their new home in two weeks. It will be really lonely around here with them gone.

Not much sewing around here, but I am working on a project this morning, which I should finish today.

Hope everyone has a good day, keep cool, dry, warm, whatever Mother Nature has in mind for you!

Bailey65
August 26th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

No sewing for me over the weekend. I was busy house breaking the new puppy. She is such a sweetie very lovey and seems to be very smart. Dunkin (my Westie) is in LOVE, its so cute to see the 2 of them interact. Today I am hoping to get the house vacuumed, the laundry done and possibly make it to the sewing room. My first Craft Fair is Oct 12th and 13th!

shermur
August 26th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Morin', quilting pals! Humid here, too! This past weekend my sister, niece and niece's boyfriend came up to spend the weekend with us. I got no quilting done this past weekend either. although, I showed my current projects to my sister and niece. They got excited and going through my stash to find fabrics to make them quilts! I am so proud of my Dottie (Staffordshire Bull terrier); she accepted the "new people" in our home very well and passed her socialization test with flying colors!

Lisapc
August 26th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Good rainy Monday morning!

I was so busy with the kids and grands yesterday I missed the weather reports. It is apparently rainy today. Last day of summer vacation for my son so I feel a little bad about that. I feel worse that we have to go out shopping for sneakers and meet his Dad at the school at 4:30 pm. We have to bring in his school supplies and take a look at his classroom. The boy is not happy and usually meeting up with Dad makes it fun, this time it is just ruining Dad's day as well as his.

I am really looking forward to having time to sew and start working a bit again when he starts school but I am not looking forward to all that comes with him being in school. We will see what unfolds this year.

Praying for everyone who needs it and those don't know they need it!

Hulamoon
August 26th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Good morning :) I hardly come in here because I'm ready to go to bed when you are all chit chatting about the sun. lol Monday.. going to the sewing shop in about 6 or 7 hours to get the list for my paper piecing class. Chat with them because they are moving location. Just next door but it will be bigger and they will have AC thank gosh. I only found out yesterday in an email and I'm really excited for them. Sort of like M* but on an island. lol

Then to work on my happy green triangles. I left the window open and some came off the wall. Oh and the store is having a moving sale so I should look for backing for it.

Okay back to bed and have a great day!

MayinJerset
August 26th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Nice cool sunny days continuing, and I love it. If I ever get to touching up my hair, shower and getting dressed DH and I will go food shopping as we are out of everything!

Kathy your retreat sounds wonderful and going with your sis even more wonderful. For the past few years I've been trying to get my sis to go to a quilt retreat with me but she's waiting until she retires. She better hurry as at almost 78 my taking trips to retreats is almost over.

Granny Judy, we moms never stop worrying about our kids. DS#3 took his kids back to their mom in MA on Sat. and was staying over to look at houses on Sunday, was glad when he called Sun. afternoon to tell us he was on his way to our house. Know he is back because between him and DH all the cinnamon buns we bought at IKEA yesterday are gone. Also I don't know what he does at work, something on computers as his work station here has several screens and he's at it every minute of the work day and sometimes even later.

Bubby, Hope today's adventure at the dentist goes quickly and as painlessly as possible.

aliaslaceygreen
August 26th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Good morning!! Sneaking in before Laylabug awakens.... have a great day!

Mom23
August 26th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Good Morning All,

The new Farmer's Almanac comes out today!!! Don't know why I felt the need to tell you that but it was on the top of the CBS news this morning. I didn't remember they even printed that any more.

I might get one day of sewing in this week. Today is filled and I am babysitting for my nephew Wednesday through Saturday. He's just a little over one so I have a feeling I won't even get to open the sewing room door.

It's going to be a hot/dry week. In a way I'm glad. I might not have to mow every 5 days!

Blessings to all,
Robin

cyndiofthevortex
August 26th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Good morning, all. Day Two DGS Babysitting Adventure. DGS Christopher slept in a playpen in our room, and at midnight he woke up and decided to sing at the top of his lungs about sheepies and horsies. DH was not amused but I laughed as silently as possible so the 2 year old wouldn't know I was awake.

I have some sewing related activities on my list of things to do today but it will of course depend on the children. And my energy levels! Grandparenting is definitely not for the faint of heart or the tired of body. I see a nap in my future if at all possible.

MRoy
August 26th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Good morning. Heat is rising here this week, back into the low 90s. I worked in very cold AC for so many years that I'm having to get accustomed to the heat again. I can't work outside for very long at a time when it's like this or I get too hot. Jake pup is much better this morning. I thinks he's going to be okay. This makes DH happy and much easier to live with.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Miss Sheri
August 26th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Good Morning Friends!
Today is back to school for our household too. Youngest son for his final year of High School, Hubby off to teach US Gov to his school's senior classes, and me off to cook for our high school kids. Middle son has done great so far, away from home and out of the country as he prepares and is immersed in the Spanish language so he will be ready to serve his missionary service in El Salvador. My oldest Son is off to work and oldest daughter finishing her last year at her University. We just seem to be a school type of family. I am happy for the routine that the school year brings and sad for the end of the close family time that Summer always brings. Choose to have a Happy Day! Hugs and blessings to one and all! [AND WATCH OUT FOR SCHOOL ZONES!]
~Sheri

SuzyQue
August 26th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Hot and humid.....I think summer has finally arrived for us....at least for this week. Everything is beginning to yellow and brown, but not because it is fall! It is so dry again this summer. Today is the first day of school.....again! I realize I don't have many more of these, but they are less exciting every year. Somehow schooling a teen boy is not near as much fun as a wiggly first grader......nothing I do is "fun and exciting" anymore. I find it trickier to come up with games and activities for Calculus and Physics...............and at his age......it is more than time to just work! Boring! Hoping our schedules jive quickly and I can figure out when I can squeeze in some studio time each day. Routine is good, even if a little stifling.

auntiemern
August 26th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Morning all. Been up for a while, but had to go to DD's to get the girls on the bus, and bring Bubby home with me, until I have to get him on the bus for pre school. Love when school starts. Especially when DD works days or mids. Not so many 9-10 hr days. Finished up the John Deere JRR quilt I had put together at the lake, and work on another one. May have over done it a little. Had one spot that was bothering me last night. Nothing serious though. Gonna try to do some more today if my body lets me. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need

CrazyMtnLady
August 26th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Good morning everyone. Up and at 'em early this morning. Had to add water to the hot tub...must have a slow leak somewhere. :(
critters are all fed..except me.
I got a pile of things done yesterday and will be standing at the ironing board for most of today trying to get all the laundry ironed, folded and put away.
We are in for another round of very hot temps here in the Ozarks over the next week so working outside is out of the question, unless I do it early in the morning. Hope to get my sewing area uncovered and get back to my neglected machine soon.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Monique
August 26th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Good morning friends. My a lot of you are out and about this morning. Neighbour was in for coffee that is why I am late. Going into town in a bit. Yesterday was kind of a lazy day. Got a load of laundry out, cleaned my bedroom. The dust bunnies had grown to full size and were multiplying at great speeds. Got a little bit of quilting done. Today my niece is having a birthday party for her salon. Two years old today. We will probably go to that this evening. That is about it for today.

Have an awesome day friends.

nyscpa2be
August 26th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Mormimg All,
I'm Just awake. Was glad to see I've got a WiFi connection here as I'm at a quilt retreat at Blue Mountain lake. This is such a peaceful place I don't' think I'll want to leave on Wednesday! I't's amazing how much you can accomplish in 5 days when there is no cooking or housework and I get to spend quality time with my sister who's also attending. Well, wishing everyone a good day I'll be back on Thursday.

Have fun in the Adirondacks. As you're headed back down 87 on Wednesday, wave at exit 17 - thats where I live!!!! And let me know if you want go to the quilt shops in Inlet, Tupper Lake, or Jay - I have them on a shopping day list for next month. One day trip. Long Lake also has a retreat every June/July - classes from this year looked so great that I think I might try to go next year.

Anyways, I just woke up today - at 11am Eastern - haha, nothing like sleeping in. After the fair last week, my body is exhausted. I'm going to spend the day on laundry and dog hair removal quickly, and then get to my new machine, as yet unnamed, to work on the quilt for the bed in the new sewing room. It looks like its going to rain today, finally. Much to dry around here lately.

JCY
August 26th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Fall?! It's still summer in Colorado! It was 100 deg. yest. at my house. It's been in the upper 90's most of the month. I'm definitely looking forward to cooler weather. Last week I finished up a 5" tumbler top w/1930's reprod. fabrics in lavendar, pink, & green. Yest. I finished up the string quilt made with pastel baby fabrics, using 2.5" strips. I used the 10" foundation papers from M*QC. Both turned out well. Now, to get to the FMQ. Everyone have a good week. :) JCY

lilmouse
August 26th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Morning all, slept in today...happy to report I am on my 5th day smoke free! It is going pretty good so far...Steve is having more trouble than I am ......so excited to be a non smoker....changing routines and habits....Sassi loves it as she gets more outside time.....that will end when it gets really cold out...we will see....saving the extra money for M when I meet up with the girls in October!
Everyone have a great day!

Evilynn
August 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Good evening guys (or should I say, good night? ;) ),

just a quick hi from me here! We had a very stressy weekend with people coming to check out our rental house because the owner is going to sell it (That meant a monster cleaning marathon for me. Not that it was THAT dirty, but we have one toddler and two cats. Should explain enough!) and on Sunday, Janna "decided" to get sick. Hmpf. There go my vacation mornings! She has to stay with me at home until she was at least one full day without fever. Yesterday night she had pretty high temperature, so high that at 3 am in the morning I was about to go to the hospital with her. I checked out the recommendation from the Neuvola online when you should go to see a doctor and was quite relieved that her temperature was just below when you should go. Juha and I were both checking every hour if the temperature has risen so you can imagine the amount of sleep both of us had. Now we're both kinda tuckered out. Janna is sleeping quite deeply now, she doesn't seem to have temperature now. We assume she's toothing - the ones in the check because she is sometimes crying horribly and everyone tells me that fever is not uncommon when those teeth come. Poor kid!

I hope you are healthy and doing fine.

I am off again! :)

Hugs, Stef

Alana
August 26th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Not so much morning now but good evening....Hope all had a spectacular day today. The weather here isn't hot but the humidity is terrible. With asthma it sure is thick and hard to breathe so no walking to or from work today.
Going to play around with a Dresden candle mat tonight . Really like those double Dresden plates and thought I'd get side tract on one tonight just to see.....
Work is such a drag as usual and my life is very quiet right now. I think I can handle that for now.
All have a great evening!!!!