PDA

View Full Version : On the road again...

Quilted Fantasies
August 25th, 2013, 09:16 PM
DH and I just got back from our farm in Tennessee which we have had on the market for 1 1/2 years. We go back as needed to keep the place looking reasonably ok to show to potential buyers. It's a 3 hour trip and if we stay the night, as we did last night, I sleep on an air mattress and DH sleeps on the futon. In other words, neither of us sleep well. I spent most of today weeding and pruning, after we stained part of the deck. OMG the rain has made my flower beds look like a jungle. The good news is yesterday I stopped by my favorite LQS and showed off some things I've made since moving to South Carolina. It was good to see my quilty friends. I also took a tablet and practiced FMQ designs when I wasn't working.

Here's a one minute video of the farm that our first realtor did. Equestrian Farm on River with Mtn View - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yNkgdaXrz8)I'm glad she left it on YouTube. We loved living on the farm but were getting too old to keep up with 26 acres. I miss the mountain view and river, but not the work. We moved to a condo. What a difference!

And what did I do as soon as I walked in the door? Grabbed my laptop to check out the forum! No internet service at the farm since we moved.

I'm going back tomorrow, for a girls getaway for a couple of days. Will be much much more fun than pruning and weeding, not to mention the air mattress. I can't wait to see my BFFs! One of them is a new quilter, (it rubbed off), and I hope we get to play with some fabric.

Have fun quilting this week; I'll be back at it Thursday!

Sharyn J
August 25th, 2013, 09:36 PM
What a lovely farm and great get-away. I can see how that much house and property would be a lot of work. Hope you have fun at your girls getaway.

Lisapc
August 25th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Beautiful property and home. I hope it sells for your quickly. Have a great getaway!

HdWench
August 25th, 2013, 10:56 PM
omg 26 acres! Yes that would be tons of work. Much more fun to be on a girls get away, enjoy!

easyquilts
August 26th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Wow... Your prnooerty is gorgeous.... I can see why you miss it....

Sandy

pcbatiks
August 26th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Like the others have said.....beautiful property!

MayinJerset
August 26th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Oh so beautiful and peaceful, can see why you miss it.