PDA

View Full Version : Ever had one of those that is wierd moments?

Hulamoon
August 25th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I'm renting out my aunties house in Calif. Well you have to pay a Brush ordinance fee to the fire dept. I was late and got a second letter, boy do they gouge you! Anyway I was thinking about it just watching tv and the wind blew the envelope down and then the letter right to my feet! So Weird!

Any stories you can share:)

GuitarGramma
August 25th, 2013, 06:28 PM
This is from many, many years ago.

We lived near enough to the county fairgrounds that I could walk there, and I went frequently when the fair was ongoing. My mother didn't like to have to pay entrance fees, so she taught us to find someone who'd just left the fair and then copy their hand stamp with felt pens on your own hand. With a background like that, I suspect I was a little morally challenged.

One day, a friend told me there was a hole in the fence surrounding the fair and that you could just slip in. My mom drove me and dropped me off near said fence. There was a white car "pointing" at the hole with several fellows in blue workshirts near the car. I saw a county sheriff insignia on the side of the car and thought, "Nope. Can't go in that way."

I blinked, and looked at the car again. No insignia. I literally shook my head and looked again. There was the insignia. Shook my head again, no insignia. I thought, "OK, I'll go in."

I did, and the car lights flicked on and a VERY authoritative voice said, "Ma'am." I stopped, turned around, and a blue shirt fellow came over. Sure enough, he was a sheriff and he wasn't too happy that I'd tried to sneak in. I'd left my wallet in my mom's car, so I didn't even have ID. After talking to me long enough to instill those lacking morals, he said, "Go pay your entry fee and don't try to sneak in again."

I'd just turned eighteen, and I thought I was going to have a criminal record that would haunt me the rest of my life. I'm still grateful to that officer for letting me go scott free. And, boy, did I learn my lesson.

But there was no insignia on that car. I believe to this day that God TRIED to warn me, but I wouldn't listen to His message. It sure turned me into a good girl, I'll tell you!

Divine Daisy
August 25th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I was in a supermarket and a demon child was running amok screeching and screaming and stopping everyone getting on for fear of running him down with a shopping trolley. I said to myself......I hope a tower of cereal falls on his rotten little head. Within a minute there was a crash and............a cereal tower had fallen on his head!

OOOOOOer.

He was unharmed btw

Sharyn J
August 25th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Two friends came into town and I let them stay at dad's house for the weekend. (Pop passed last Nov.) Both of the gals set their cell phones for alarms to wake up in time to go to the airport. I think my dad's spirit was around and he always loved the gals so he must have helped them out. Before their cell phones could even go off, my dad's wind-up alarm next to the bed went off at 5:30 a.m. Of course, the whole house was awakened by the alarm.

Funny thing is that no one has touched that key-wind manual clock since pop passed away. Needless to say, the girls didn't know whether to be spooked or laugh. Me? I'm still chuckling. Oh, pop, good to know you're still up to your prankster stuff. :icon_heh:

Lisapc
August 25th, 2013, 10:58 PM
I was 26, out with my older brother Rick. At 11:30pm my mother got a phone call and it was me, she thought it was me whispering, help me, he won't let me leave, he is going to kill me.

Even though she was babysitting my daughter and had been told that I was going out with Rick she was crying, calling all of my brothers (I have 6) and my friends. She called the police who put out an alert for me and was just freaking out. My brother didn't have a cell phone back then so we didn't know. We were at a local club playing pool and having fun.

I came home to cruisers in the driveway, hysterical mother and freakishly white Dad. I was fine, I never called and my mother was so upset the police in the town my brother lived in went to his home and questioned him. I was with him all night and everything was fine.

3 days later we got a call from Arizona, my minister brother's daughter was missing. A few days later a body was found and a few days later we found out it was my niece.

No call ever came to the house according to my Dad and little brother. My mother woke up screaming, "who has you?". We all believe it was somehow my niece.

Melissa Doherty, she was 18 and had just moved from her Mom's house 7 days before she was murdered.

I didn't mean to be morbid but this was the weirdest/scariest thing to ever happen to me/my family.

GuitarGramma
August 25th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Lisa, what a tragedy. What love your mother must have felt for her granddaughter, to have that connection and know that something was seriously wrong. I am sorry for your loss.

dwil23
August 25th, 2013, 11:38 PM
This is a little different, but is going on right now at work. Several weeks ago, a co-worker was working at a desk just inside the door from the docks. A tow motor came through the doors and plowed into the desk knocking everything over. She narrowly escaped serious injury. As a joke, another co-worker took masking tape and made an outline like they do at crime scenes on the floor. She really did a good job and everyone got a laugh out of it. Several people even took pictures with their phones. Earlier this week, one of my friends who took a picture was scrolling through his pictures on his phone when he stopped dead in his tracks - there is another image appearing on the picture. I can't say that I believe in ghosts, but it is really eery looking. Very definitely the image of a young girl. At first I thought my friend was playing a trick, but he seems genuinely concerned and disturbed by this. I don't know what to think.

Lisapc
August 25th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Lisa, what a tragedy. What love your mother must have felt for her granddaughter, to have that connection and know that something was seriously wrong. I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you. I didn't mean to upset anyone. It was just really weird. My mother has some weird things happen to her and I probably should have stuck to a less tragic one.

GuitarGramma
August 26th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Thank you. I didn't mean to upset anyone. It was just really weird. My mother has some weird things happen to her and I probably should have stuck to a less tragic one.

Oh, don't feel at all bad. What happened was a tragedy, and this forum is very good at supporting our members who have faced tragedy. There is no reason at all that you should hesitate to tell us about this.

And, I repeat, your mother must have loved her granddaughter very much. That is a testament worth sharing.