PDA

View Full Version : Could this day go any slower????????????

bubba
August 25th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I feel like a kid on Christmas morning! Being at work is driving me crazy when I have so much to do at home to get Matildas space ready for her!

I think it should have been 3pm about eight hours ago, but time is dragging by. I managed to get one wall painted last night, so I will be able to move the cutting table and two shelves over so Matilda can have her place of honor on another wall all by herself. I'll have a lot of work to do in a hurry as soon as I get home to get things moved around and back on the shelf so she will feel right at home. The room is going to be a very very VERY light shade of pink with a white ceiling, but I'll be painting the rest as I have time when I am not busy playing!

To top it off, my son in law is helping my husband pick her up, so I invited the daughter and her family to have dinner with us, so I have to be doing that as well!!!

On a side note, we had the other daughter and the two grandgirls over for dinner last night. The six year old was being quite the pill, much worse than she usually is. She did what she wanted, would not listen, would not mind, would not eat her dinner. When I had finally had enough, I told her to take her plate inside and set it by the sink on the counter. Well, Boppa (grandpa) was in the kitchen and pretty soon, I heard him yelling. Seems Alex had decided she would put her plate on the floor for the dogs to eat her food! Our dogs don't get people food, maybe an occasional scrap of raw meat, but that is it and from the sounds of things, they were going to town! I hear him asking her to pick it up and why did you put it down there and that was when she lied ..... it was an accident, she said! Had it been me, her fanny would have been spanked and she would have been put in the corner because I do not tolerate lying, and she is old enough to know better. He, however, was trying to reason with her and explaining the difference between and accident and doing what you want on purpose, and pretty soon she is screaming at him!!!!

My daughter and I sat on the deck with eyes wide wondering what would happen next. Out comes the ten year old grandgirl, Mel. Her eyes are wider than ours are. I asked her what was going on and she said she felt reallllly sorry for Alex. I told her there was no reason to feel sorry for Alex, she brought it on herself and Boppa was trying to talk to her about what she had done. Well, the next person out is Boppa, and all you can hear is Alex inside screaming. I asked him what had happened and he told us. He only talked to her, no spanking, no mouth washing, nothing....yet, her she is screaming like a banshee. About ten minutes later, I went in to get her....she was nowhere on the first floor, nowhere on the second floor, then I saw the front door open. Oh crap, I thought. Then I saw the screen was locked from the inside, which she could not have done. I finally find her, locked in the bathroom still bawling! I asked her to come out and she wouldn't. I told her she needed to open the door right away and finally she did. We then had a talk during which she tried to lock herself back in the bathroom, but I stopped her. I told her she needed to calm down and apologize to Boppa which went over like a ton of bricks. That only took her about thirty minutes to build up the courage to even talk to him, and everytime he looked her direction, she would burst into tears.

The evening ended with them making up and as she was telling me goodbye, she asked if she could spend the night. I told her she could, but that I had to work today and she would be spending the day w/Boppa. She hung her head and said, that's okay, I'll just go home. I thought it would be nice to have AJ and Bunga time, but I guess that won't happen.

Now, this is the point where I don't understand what happened.....she is Boppa's girl much more than mine and I told her she could spend the night Monday and spend the day with me Tuesday (my only day off to spend with Matilda!!!!) and if she behaved perfectly, I would let her try out my little sewing machine. I don't know what came over me....clearly I was possessed by an alien being to make me say such things.......home Matilda doesn't get jealous.

Hulamoon
August 25th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Oh my what a day! One of my girls was a tantrum thrower. She would kick and tear her room apart. The only thing I could do is take her blankie away. She would cry but at least she calmed down. She was a handful!

Well I hope you can get to Matilda soon. How fun with such a nice machine:)

auntiemern
August 25th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Sounds like my 6 yr old DGD. There are days she sucks the life out of me with her attitude. Yesterday was one of those days.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 25th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Oh yes, I've been there with my only little girl granddaughter! It was like the terrible twos that wouldn't quit! There were times when I just dreaded being around her because of her attitude. She's 8 now,and a bit more tolerable. I hate the lying( always someone elses fault) and the sassiness. Sorry it was such a rough day for you! When you want to relax and enjoy the grandkids and they get out of control, you just can't have a good time. I took these two on a long road trip to be with their other three cousins a couple of weeks ago. I was somewhat dreading it, but they were fine and we all had a great time. Thank heaven we get a break before the teen years!

bubba
August 25th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I'm moving before the teen years hit again!!!!

When my youngest went thru that it was the worse time of my life....I still shudder when I think of it. Wonder how much it will cost to ship Matilda to a tropical paradise???

Hulamoon
August 25th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I'm moving before the teen years hit again!!!!

When my youngest went thru that it was the worse time of my life....I still shudder when I think of it. Wonder how much it will cost to ship Matilda to a tropical paradise???

I have a couple of extra rooms :)

HdWench
August 25th, 2013, 04:44 PM
omg! My only child was ADHD/ADD and you name it! I dreaded being with her and at 11 I thought I'd be Bill Cosby and have to take her out hehehe Just kidding!!! He says... I brought you into this world, I can take you out with all his cute wisecracking wisdom :-) Horrible she acted like that when ALL you want is to come home, set your room up and Play with Matilda!!!! Yeah I turn into alien woman around the horrible grandkids thinking today will be different!! You know, like Jean said sometimes it is and it's so wonderful. But then those other days *arrgh*

Sounds like moving your paper shapes around the room helped and you've got a great plan! Can't wait to see her sitting on her wall singing to you! Yeah I bet today is slowly ticking by ((((hugs)))) it will get better!

bubba
August 25th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I have a couple of extra rooms :)

Would Matilda and I be able to live there rent free??? :icon_cool:

Hulamoon
August 25th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Would Matilda and I be able to live there rent free??? :icon_cool:

Of course! But I don't have a dishwasher But have a lovely red lawnmower and a stainless steal pooper scooper. :D

bubba
August 25th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Of course! But I don't have a dishwasher But have a lovely red lawnmower and a stainless steal pooper scooper. :D

And no snakes!!!! I may have to think about this...hahahaha!! :icon_whistle:

HdWench
August 25th, 2013, 06:32 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lisapc
August 25th, 2013, 11:20 PM
My Lil' Miss Kora has recently started ignoring everyone. She is 5 now and completely ignores any direction she doesn't want to follow and when you get after her she says she is sorry and she loves you. OK, not everyone but when she is feeling like a big shot she tries. I won't touch her, she isn't my child but she certainly knows how it feels to sit on my stairs for 5 minutes at a time.

easyquilts
August 26th, 2013, 12:34 AM
What a day you had! My DD's youngest boy (she has four boys) is seven now, and though she is his very favorite person, he is beginning to give her attitude..... The word thing is that it often happens right after Sunday Svhool... Go figure!

Anyway, Andrew is the baby, so......

Don't forget to post a picture of Matilda in her lovely new home... What is the first thing you will task her with?

Sandy

bubba
August 26th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Tonight it was all about playing. Once we figured out how to thread her, she worked like a charm! Did a huge sandwich worth of stitching and I called it a night. I either need a higher chair, or she has to be lowered. My husband just told me that is a possibility.

Tomorrow, I will spend some time putting my poor sewing room back together. It's all rearranged and nothing is where it belongs! Heading to Ikea on Tuesday to get a roller blind to make my design wall. Then the first real project will be the quilt I made for my sister for her battle with cancer. She's going to cry....

toggpine
August 26th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Well, Lakebay may not be a tropical paradise, but it is closer to Home. I could find space for Matilda, rent free! :icon_giggle:

Let me know if you want some help painting.

C