PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Sunrise Greetings!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 25th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Hey, I can't sleep, been awake since the phone rang at 12:30 a.m. With a wrong number! I developed a quilt pattern and sewed a sample block, tossed and turned, played umpteen games of solitaire and Bejeweled Blitz on the ipad, read every post at least twice. Sleep will not come! I'll be sorry about noon, it will be lights out for me!

I had 4 generations in my house yesterday, my grandkids spent the day with me, and my daughter, SIL and their grandaughter were here also. It was just one big happy family day, with the adults exhausted by too little sleep! So, we had a laid back day with not much excitement. The most exciting thing we did was buy a new ceiling fan for the kids' bedroom, which my SIL installed last night. Great granddaughter " swam" in my big garden tub for her bathtime. The kids enjoy the tub, but I never seem to have time to sit and soak in a tub, so I hardly ever use it.

Hope you all have a great day! Happy Sunday, and Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law Tim!

Monique
August 25th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Good morning Jean, I tossed and turned a lot last night. Had a very fitful sleep.

Hubby and I went on a road tour yesterday. We did about 245 miles altogether. I did get to stop at a place in Perth, Ontario. I bought a little package of buttons that are all sewing themed, scissors, thread, thimble, needle, dress form and I could not resist a charm pack by Moda called Nature's Basket. I guess you could call this a staycation. Not sure what today will bring, I would like to just stay home and quilt but we might go on another drive together.

In any case, have a happy Sunday all. And SMILE!

MRoy
August 25th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Good morning Jean! I hope you can nap today. It scares me so bad when the phone rings in the middle of the night that it's hard to go back to sleep. I've been up since 4:15 so I'll probably need a nap later too.

HandsOffItsMine
August 25th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Mornin' all! (OMG the South is rubbing off on me!)

Sleep...what is that?!? With Fibro one tends not to sleep in long stretch or get to the REM depth. However for the last 3 weeks, I can't get beyond 4-4:30 am, no matter what I try. I have a full set of luggage under my eyes and it's not becoming!!!

We had a sleepover last night and got a ton of snuggles and kisses. Miss Penny babbling up a storm, Oliver playing Mindcraft on my Kindle, Zander drawing one of his many cartoon characters.

Funniest Home Videos in the evening...O & Z think it's funnier than heck. I just roll my eyes but Opa and the boys laugh like crazy. lol

Biscuits are in the oven, coffee to be made, just need the Sunday paper...

Huggers, Ruby

dwil23
August 25th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Those middle of the night phone calls are the worst. You are actually happy it's a wrong number, but by that time you are startled awake. Even though I work nights and it's not unusual for one of my girls to call me at work, it still get a little knot in my stomach until I hear why they are calling.

Well, Jean, at least you made productive use of your time, I'm not good at that. I just lay there hoping I will go back to sleep. Or turn something one I WANT to watch, then it will be lights out.

Everyone have a Blessed Day!

aliaslaceygreen
August 25th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Good morning all! Another beautiful looking Sunday... I don't have to work till 4 as it's my day OFF! Just posted a new blog with this weeks photos, so you can all check out cute little Neko if you want. He is a funny soul. And Tati is JUST. NOT. HAPPY. Oh well...

Really want to get some quilting done. Need to FOCUS....
Take care all!

Lonna
August 25th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Jean sorry you had such a rough night. I also hate when ever my phone rings after 9pm. Hope you are able to take you a nap sometime today with out messing up your sleep tonight.

It has been a good morning so far all though the one morning I have to sleep in I am up and awake at 5. I have already got out before the humid heat sets in and got a mile walked. I really need to get serious about getting some exercise everyday and get some of this weight off.

Off to spend a little time in the sewing room. I am afraid I need to spend a lot more time then just a little in there to get all my projects caught up. But a little at a time and I will make headway.

Make it a great day my friends.

MayinJerset
August 25th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Jean, Hope you are having a little nap right now to make up for your no sleep night.

So quiet this morning with son and kids gone. My plan was first thing in the morning I'd go upstairs and straighten out the bedrooms and turn the smaller one back into my sewing room. Well I did wake up around 6 and curled up on my new comfy sectional couch and fell asleep watching Law and Order re-runs. It is a very cool sunny day so I'll get up there soon and open all the windows, strip the beds and air the rooms and beds out. They may have stripped the beds before they left as DS will be back tonight and he has been taking care of washing the bathroom towels and laundry for him and the kids.

When he was in high school both of his older brothers had married so he had the whole upstairs to himself. He slept in the larger bedroom and kept his laundry in the other room all sorted by color, etc. He kept the rooms neat and clean and often rearranged the furniture to suit him. Now the larger room is his bedroom and also his work station as he is working from home until he relocates in MA.

Mom23
August 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Good Morning All,

Jean, I sure do hope you slip in a nap sometime today. You make such good use of your sleepless nights.

Yesterday was family day for us. All three of my kids, my daughter in law, and my daughter's boyfriend were here. It was a rarity and I enjoyed every minute of it. We didn't do much, or at least they didn't. I cooked while they hung out in the pool having fun. I was ok with it though. I was just so darn happy to have them all here. My son only lives a little over an hour away but he never comes home. They have two dogs, of which I am allergic to, so I can't go to their house. It makes me mad they got dogs knowing fully well I am very allergic to them. I try to act like I am ok with it but it really hurt my feelings when they got them. Oh well, I know that's too much information.

We went to early Mass this morning and hubby is in the garden picking tomatoes now. It's salsa making day for us. Hopefully we will get done early enough we can spend some time relaxing in the pool. Sewing doesn't appear on my agenda until Tuesday.

Peace and Prayers,
Robin

NanaB
August 25th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Good morning to all. Hubs is working at a gun show today, and I have decided to be lazy. He woke me up when he left so that i could get up for church, but I went back to sleep for another wonderful hour. Yesterday I was at our LQG vendor show all day (except for a couple of hours at a bridal shower). My feet hurt so much today!!! We had a good show with a lot of shoppers. All the vendors seemed really happy with the results. Think I will get dressed and run to the Redbox for a movie. Enjoy the day, everyone. And Ruby, there's nothing wrong with the south rubbing off on you!! Love & hugs!

Bubby
August 25th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Good Morning,

We worked in Cuba for several hours yesterday. We had no less than 5 near-accidents on the road. After we got home and got settled down we loaded up the Girls and drove down to Boiling Springs to cool off. Dottie especially loves the water and swam a bit. When she's playing in the water she always behaves so well! Olive waits on the shore and cries the whole time Dottie swims. They're so different from each other.

I'm catching up on some laundry this morning and making a list of things to get done before I have to go to the dentist again Tuesday. It will be another 4-5 hour appointment. He will start the work on the top right side of my mouth.

I will check in later...wishing everyone a sweet Sunday!

ilive2craft2
August 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Mornin' everybody! Jean, I wouldn't have been able to sleep again after that phone call - they always wake me totally up when they come unexpectedly. Maybe I should get an alarm clock that sounds like a phone? Think that would help? I am just not a morning person.

Had fun and relaxation at our friend's pool yesterday. My nephew started out stuck to me (arms and legs wrapped around me) and by the time he got out, he was floating around with just touching me. He is not quite 3 and hadn't been in a pool this year, so he didn't remember being a fish last year. :) My sis had the 8 month old - she offered to switch, but R and I are buds.

Gonna try to get in the sewing room today - I can close the door and pretend my house is not a demolition zone. Can't wait for the kitchen and bath to be done!

Hugs and prayers for everyone!

lilmouse
August 25th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Morning Everyone,
I hate middle of the night phone calls as well; takes several hours to get back to sleep....with all the current meds that I am on I can usually sleep pretty good...although there are nights that I am awake every two hours...what's up with that...weird huh?
I am on Day # 4 as a non smoker and am loving it....having fun trying to rearrange my schedule and how to do things....I do realize that for me this is a total lifestyle change and I am excited about it...maybe I can develop some good habits...have lots to do in the sewing room but having trouble settling in there right now but I make myself do something....even if it is just adding borders to an incomplete flimsy.....hope everyone has a great day...hugs and prayers to all...and smile everyone...Susie

nyscpa2be
August 25th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Morning ladies. I got woken up by an earthquake. Or rather, Mom asking me if I thought a truck ran into the house - we are 500 feet from the road.

Today is house cleaning, prepping for paint, and then quilting.

Have fun everyone! And Jean, please remember that Sunday afternoon naps are totally ok!

cyndiofthevortex
August 25th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Good morning, everyone. My DGSs are waiting anxiously for their parents to leave on their 3 day vacation so that I can give them the new toys I have for them. "When are you going to go, Mommy?" is much better than having them cling to them and cry. I bought them Batman Legos so they will be set for the whole three days.

My book sale went pretty well yesterday. The sun was out and so were the people enjoying our town's Annual Hay Day Celebration. We didn't make as much as last year but still I'm happy with the sales. I looked like a hero because it was my baby and it was a success. I like being the hero.

On my list today is pulling up the old sunflowers after cutting off any branches that still have nice flowers on them. What used to look beautiful just looks tired and sad so it's time to say goodbye to them. I am also going to try my hand at more FMQed feathers during the baby's nap. Almost all the chores are done except for hanging out the sheets once they're done washing. Not usually a Sunday activity but yesterday was full to the brim with selling books and eating fried dough.

Hope you all have a wonderful end-of-the-weekend. And almost end of August! How did that happen?

Lisapc
August 25th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Jean: Nap is needed, get to it!

Cyndi: Fried dough and books. Good day.

I just got a call from my DD and she is on her way with my Kora. Apparently Kora has big plans for us. She wants to pick veggies from the garden and work on her quilt with me, play legos with Lil' Peter and ATV and play outside with Papa and go swimming with all of us. Me, I wanted to do laundry and sew my stuff.

This is the last Sunday of my Lil' guys summer vacation so I am glad Kora is coming and they will play the day away and help me make dinner tonight.

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday!

toggpine
August 25th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Yesterday was errands in the morning and fencing in the afternoon. We had some pretty big fence posts that needed replacing. Eric got out the tractor and we finally did it. We still have a few more, but we need to contact the electric company to see if they have any more "dead" poles for sale, as we only have one 8' section left. They used to be free, but I think they figured out they could have pizza day more often if they sold the old poles.
We have a nice crop of blackberries out in the woods. Em picked some, but they seemed to go straight to her tummy and not in a bucket! More projects today while the summer weather is still hanging around. Before long, the rain will be here and then stuff outside won't be much fun to do.

auntiemern
August 25th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Those late night phone calls scare the holy heck out of you.
Good afternoon all. DH finally got my machine out of it's travel bag, and back on the table. So today I plan on finishing one quilt, and maybe getting the borders on the other 2 that I got together at the lake last week. DH is going to go hang with 2 of my step children, and that leaves me with the house all to myself. Woo Hoo.
So proud of you Susie for not smoking. That is so very hard to do. I am at 12 weeks now. I gained over 20lbs in that time so now I have to get that off too. So far I have lost 4lbs, so that is good for me. Not sure I want to get back to my original weight, cuz I was almost to thin. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

HdWench
August 25th, 2013, 05:34 PM
oh no Jean - Late night calls are stressful, glad it was only a wrong number! Yes a Sunday afternoon nap sounds lovely!

Happy Birthday Tim and to my DH who turns 65 Today! whoo hooo

Ruby - Zander's so talented that drawing is better than anything I've seen! \

Bubby - They re-opened that cute campground and we stayed in Cuba MO! Nice folks bought it so will make it another regular stop. Ouch hope your dental work goes well and you heal quick!

Cyndi - Way to go on your event being Successful! Yumm fried dough so good and so bad!

Tog - Yes! I used to get those free old poles for landscaping use. Yum berries in the tummy!

Marilyn - Yeah you've got some time, but please don't overdo! Congrats on 12 weeks, what a hard thing to do. That weight can go slowly but great job on quitting!

Susie - What a live changing event you can do it too! Think of all the time to do other things without having to worry about working around fabric or smelling up the house :-)

I'm not usually posting but trying to put off working on my "it had to change designs" quilt. Need to do laundry but this KOA has it open 24 hours so in the wee hours I'll go over. Have DH's presents wrapped. Sorry this is really TMI but I've being sad thinking his 3 kids that all live within a few hours of here, won't bother to call. Why is it I carry this sadness inside for him?
Must talk to my pain med doc Monday, not going well. Have been told to not walk much so can't even go to my shops and miss the folks, their friendly hugs and seeing people wearing my things :-( Making them is only 1/2 the joy. Oh well... not usually this sad, I must need a nap too.

Have a lovely Sunday all!