PDA

View Full Version : Good Saturday morning.

Monique
August 24th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Yes it is Saturday once again. Not much happening around here this weekend. Very quiet. Yesterday I gathered everything I am putting in the fair. I helped my young neighbour with her laptop. And did a whole lot of nothing. Last night hubby suggested we go for a picnic today, so I am not sure what is on the agenda for today.

Have a great day and SMILE cause Blondie says so.

Lonna
August 24th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Monique have a wonderful time today. Not much going on around here either. Do have to work today until 2 looks as if it will be a rainy day here. Which is ok with me as I have nothing planned for the day. Maybe once I get home from work I can spend a little time in the sewing room.

Have a great day my friends.

Iris Girl
August 24th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Good morning all. Yesterday I sent my package of stockings off. (Martha be on the look out). My machine will not be fixed until next week as my dealer is on vacay this week. Hubby made it through his first week on the new job and loves it. I have work til 1 today then he will prob pull out the Harley and we will do a nice ride. Weather will be high 70's no rain all sun low humidity. My kind of weather.Have a great day and smile everyone.

cyndiofthevortex
August 24th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Hi friends! LOTS going on here in Cyndi World. It is one of the busiest days of the year for me. I am running our annual library book sale at Farmington's Hay Day. Thousands of books sorted, ready to be displayed and hopefully sold. It's our biggest fundraiser. I will be one tired chickadee at the end of this day. Wish me luck!

MayinJerset
August 24th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Nothing doing yet. DS#3 is bringing kids back to MA today, they are pretty much packed but don't hear anyone stirring yet. After they are gone I think DH and I will veg out on the new sectional for a bit, boy are those cushions comfy. Hope to go to Joann's this afternoon or tomorrow to check out sale on home decorating fabrics - want to cover big soft throw cushions to go with dark brown leather sectional so maybe I'll find a pattern I like. We'll stop for lunch whichever day we go as I'm plumb wore out cooking for 5 every night - even out of ideas for meals. Yesterday son and kids rode over to waterfront and got some fresh fried fish - shrimp, talipia and crab cakes. They had already had their regular treat of pizza from Romeo's when they first got here 3 weeks ago. The other day we tried white and garbage pizza from a new place recommended by my sister. I liked the white pizza as it had tasty seasoning but didn't try the garbage pizza which had pieces of meat ball, sausage and pepperoni on top. Crust was too thin and crispy so we're sticking with family favorite Romeo's. Son and friends have Romeo's number on their speed dial list as they all order some whenever they visit their old home town.

Bubby
August 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

We have to work in Cuba today, but just for a few hours. We will be replacing a stove in one of the apartments and do a little work on our one vacancy. We are going to leave the Girls at home and see how that goes. We just don't have any place to keep the girls while we are there. Normally if we have a vacancy we have the utilities turned on, but not this time.

I did a little fabric shopping yesterday here in town. Some time I'll take pictures and show you what a cute little hole-in-the-wall fabric store we have here in Licking. I don't know what I would do if they ever closed their doors.

The Girls are doing so much better. Dottie had a major romp in the hose yesterday. She's our water pup...Olive hates the water, so she sits on the sidelines and barks at Dottie! After Dottie is done with the water, Olive scolds her big time. I really wish these two could talk.

Cyndi, I know you will have a great day at your book event! I will mail you a box of books (lol!!) Monday.

I'm off to get ready to leave. Wishing everyone a great Saturday.

Mpyles
August 24th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Good morning...off to work for me. Spending time at yet another location trying to help them get their costs in line. This manager is very hard headed and I find it very trying! Then I am off tomorrow..so who knows what I will do...have a club project due in September so prolly try to finish that up.

Cyndi good luck with your fundraiser, hope its very successful! Monique..enjoy your picnic!! Iris girl....enjoy your ride...I have always been a chicken when it comes to motorcycles..envy those that aren't! May...put those feet up and relax! The pizzas you describe sound delicious! Lonna...hope you make it to the sewing room!

Everyone have a great day!!

aliaslaceygreen
August 24th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Good morning! I didn't come back to report on the new to me quilt shop--uh oh... I am going to have to watch out there!

It's another cool start to the day, I will take it!
Work tonight and a short, late day tomorrow and it's back round to Laylabug day!

Have a great one, all!

MRoy
August 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Good Morning! I'm dog sitting with Jake this morning. We took him to the vet again yesterday for x-rays and more blood work. His white count was up indicating infection. He got a high powered shot of antibiotics and a shot to stimulate his appetite. He ate more last night than he's eaten in over a week and he seems to feel better today.

Sandy Navas
August 24th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Good morning...off to work for me. Spending time at yet another location trying to help them get their costs in line. This manager is very hard headed and I find it very trying!

Everyone have a great day!!

Would you like me to send you Robert Irvine's telephone number? Sounds as if you could use his intervention with this one!!!! A few verbal slaps upside the head . .

ilive2craft2
August 24th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Good morning all! Stopping in and reading a bit before heading off to watch the niece and nephew who are 2 years apart and the you test is 8 months old. She is not quite crawling yet, but sure working on it. Then to a friends house to play pool volleyball--finally the weather is cooperating. Kitchen and bath remodel are moving along - we now have walls and flooring and I think they are painting and doing the shower tile work on Monday. I am so ready to have a kitchen back. I think I might take the free craftsy class in pizza that New York Sue has a thread about, so that I am ready once they are done!

Not much sewing going on - did make a pillow out of my uncles favorite Cubs jersey for his daughter. He passed away in January and it took me this long to be able to make that first cut on the shirt. She got it yesterday and thought it was great and had a good cry.

Son is settled in at school (2 hrs away) he was going to come visit tomorrow, but was able to trade to come home next Saturday--we have a family fantasy football group and we are doing a live draft together.

Mom is starting to feel a bit better, but is still sore from all of her falls last weekend- hope this weekend is less eventful on that front. Thank you for all of the prayers-I really appreciate them.

Hugs and prayers for everyone.

Ginny B
August 24th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Good morning all. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here. We are heading to New Jersey today for a surprise 40th Anniversary party for dh's brother and his wife. Will make a stop in Brooklyn to pick up his aunt and uncle first and maybe stop at my son's to pick up my keys that we forgot he had in his pocket the last time I dropped him off. He had run into a store on the way out of town here and I handed him my keyring so he could use my discount card and I forgot to get it back. I actually don't need the key --- just all my little cards on it. LOL

Looks like it's going to be nice tomorrow too but I will probably be spending alot of time in the sewing room. My future daughter-in-law's shower is in a few weeks and I am working on placemats for one of her gifts. I am making them for each holiday/season of the year and just a set of 2 for each season. And to make it a bit more efficient for them to store all 12 months, I am doing them double sided. So I've got Valentines Day on one side and St. Patty's Day on the other, Christmas/snowflakes, etc. You get the picture. Plus, dh's company is having a craft fair on 10/4 so I am going to be prepping things for that too.

Well, off to get showered and ready to go. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

tobeysmama
August 24th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Good morning to all. Cool and slow start here in upstate New York. This is my weekend off so I am thinking of all the tasks to be done today. First thing was the wash to hang outside. Going soon to pick up my daughters new machine- a JUKI. Hope you all enjoy your Saturday.

Lisapc
August 24th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Late start for me today but the weather is beautiful. I am going to vacuum and then the day is a "what do you wanna do" for my Peter's. They both want apple pocket pies so I will be sending them out to pick apples and then baking away. I am lucky they are easy to please!

Finally got the lobster and did it with Linguine, garlic and Parmesan last night. Really good.

hope you all have a wonderful day and prayers to all!

quiltingtrish
August 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Happy Saturday all~
Did you ever wake up to the sunshine of a beautiful day and then a few hours later find that you just want to slap one (or 2) of your kids upside the head? No? Here - you can borrow one of mine. I know I would feel better if I did, but we will let it go, once again.

Ahhhhh, like I said - a beautiful day filled with sunshine. The clothes are blowing out on the lines and I have 1 more thing to do before I head to the drug store to get some hard copies of recent quilty finishes made to put in my hard copy album and then back home to sew. I think I will work on a Summer wall hanging. Even though Summer is almost over - it's not over until the fat bird sings! She ain't singing yet! haha!

Almost forgot. I did sit and figure out parts of the embroidery part of my sewing/embroidery machine I purchased 2 years ago. I made the letter T with variegated thread and still have to figure out how to use the PED Basic program to download images but I think I can get a name made at least now.

Have a great day everyone!
Hugs,

Granny Judy
August 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Good Afternoon, It's been a busy morning. Grub run, put it all away, mail from M*... return of my quilt Grandma's Garden all covered in Shamrocks!!! And the day is full of sunshine and big smiles!!

House party tonight for SIL's friends and I've got some cleaning to do. Son arriving Monday AM. got delayed one full day. ?? So any more cutting and sewing will have to wait.

Huggers to all (Huggers- a term I coined from combining words together. Its a "grab her and hug")