PDA

View Full Version : Pack, pack, pack

PeggyM
August 23rd, 2013, 11:05 PM
Getting ready for vacation. 14 mix and match family members, but I feel the need to provide- we've rented a house in the Outer Banks. I realize I have control issues. I just can't control how much toilet paper I can fit into a two-door Honda Civic. I'll just leave my suitcase behind. (And be deleriously happy with the fellowship!)

K. McEuen
August 23rd, 2013, 11:20 PM
Just get one of the giant packages from Costco and tie it to the top of the car.

Doloris
August 23rd, 2013, 11:22 PM
They do have stores in the outer banks if you need more

KathyCrofoot
August 23rd, 2013, 11:41 PM
They do have stores in the outer banks if you need more

Wow - that was my thought - there's a Walmart on nearly every corner these days. Surely you can find one if you run out of something. We did the big family vacation the year my son graduated from High school in 2004. The last time I was at the beach was 2009. I'm so jealous! Can you fit me in your suitcase?

Kathy in land-locked Wisconsin

PeggyM
August 23rd, 2013, 11:51 PM
We're staying way up in Corolla. I just bought enough staples to get through the first day. Yeah, bulk from Sam's. I've been shopping on arrival day before, and it's brutal. Food will follow on Sunday. Pizza for everyone!

PeggyM
August 23rd, 2013, 11:55 PM
Wow - that was my thought - there's a Walmart on nearly every corner these days. Surely you can find one if you run out of something. We did the big family vacation the year my son graduated from High school in 2004. The last time I was at the beach was 2009. I'm so jealous! Can you fit me in your suitcase?

Kathy in land-locked Wisconsin

Kathy, I can fit you in my suitcase; just can't fit the suitcase in the car. I just found my girls' boogie boards. They're grown and gone, but they'll be there, so I'm bringing them. I miss my minivan!

Carol336
August 24th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Oh I love the Outer Banks. We usually stay in the 4 wheel drive section - waaaaaay up the beach. Sure wish I was going with you!!!! Have a blast and enjoy that family time......

Suzette
August 24th, 2013, 08:16 AM
For many years my whole family rented a 7 or 8 bedroom house on the Outer Banks and all 18 of us joined up and had a great week together. I treasure those memories. I hope you guys have a wonderful time!! :icon_happy:

Monique
August 24th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Have a wonderful time.

MayinJerset
August 24th, 2013, 08:41 AM
We haven't been there in many years, it's a great place and you'll all enjoy the family get together.

Mpyles
August 24th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Oh I sooooo want to do this with my family!! Have great time and let us know how it went!!

HandsOffItsMine
August 24th, 2013, 08:59 AM
What fun! I don't even have 14 family members in the USA! Bruhahahaha

Andrea F
August 24th, 2013, 05:34 PM
That sounds like fun. Have a great vacation and safe journey.

Miss Sheri
August 24th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Oh my, enjoy every single chaotic moment!

MRoy
August 24th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Have a great vacation! :icon_wave:

Amarillo19
August 24th, 2013, 06:06 PM
We just had a week at the beach with 16 of us. Each couple (5) took a night to provide the food for all. The last two nights 2 couples took a night. Breakfast and lunch were the responsibility of each family for their own food.

Lisapc
August 24th, 2013, 11:32 PM
I hope you have a wonderful time. I would need a week alone on an island to recover.