PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Nightmare!

SallyO'Sews
August 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
This morning around 4:30 - long before anyone was up at my house - I woke up feeling so mad at my DH.

Now, mind you, on Sunday we will celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary, and we almost never argue. He's a really good guy, a hard worker, and both a church pastor and a school principal/teacher; but I just was really mad at him when I woke up, and could not figure out why...

Until I remembered the dream I had just prior to waking: I walked into my living room and asked my 16-yr-old DD whether she had seen my pinking shears. She said, "Yeah, Daddy had them; he was cutting up a bunch of papers for school."

So, yep, I woke up steamed... Good thing I remembered that it was just a dream, so I could forgive him before he woke up! :lol:

cyndiofthevortex
August 23rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
That's a riot! I used to do the same thing whenever I was pregnant, which was 6 times. At nine months each time, do the math. I woke up mad at him a lot! Those were some terrible dreams. Poor guy. What are they supposed to do about the things they do in our dreams? And that anger feels real, doesn't it? I'll have to remind DH of those times when he gets home from work tonight.

asta
August 23rd, 2013, 06:54 PM
Too funny, my husband says I can not yell at him for things he did in my dreams. QUOTE=SallyO'Sews;368663]This morning around 4:30 - long before anyone was up at my house - I woke up feeling so mad at my DH.

Now, mind you, on Sunday we will celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary, and we almost never argue. He's a really good guy, a hard worker, and both a church pastor and a school principal/teacher; but I just was really mad at him when I woke up, and could not figure out why...

Until I remembered the dream I had just prior to waking: I walked into my living room and asked my 16-yr-old DD whether she had seen my pinking shears. She said, "Yeah, Daddy had them; he was cutting up a bunch of papers for school."

So, yep, I woke up steamed... Good thing I remembered that it was just a dream, so I could forgive him before he woke up! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lisapc
August 23rd, 2013, 06:56 PM
I am relieved to know that I am not the only one that has dreams about being mad at hubby and waking up mad. I punched him one time. I often question him about his actions in my dreams. He thinks it is the thyroid meds. He says it never happened before I started taking that.

bakermom
August 23rd, 2013, 07:10 PM
well at least it was a dream. I woke up to go to work one evening to find DH instructing the kids on how to mount turkey wings for drying. They used ALL my straight pins to fasten the wings to plywood!

"but you weren't using them, mom"

No, and I will never use them again, thank you.
I got a BIG box of quilting pins from that fiasco!

easyquilts
August 24th, 2013, 07:40 PM
LOL... That's really funny....