PDA

View Full Version : I need your prayers

Poppytree
August 23rd, 2013, 09:41 AM
I have been suffering with an inflamed gall bladder since Tuesday and feeling really rough.
Spoke to my doctor today and he's arranged scans for Monday and prescribed pain meds. Hopefully I won't need an op just yet. Had the same problem about a year ago and it was well over a week before U was back to normal.

Pain started gradually was almost unbearable by Thursday making eating, sleeping and being able to sit in a comfortable position impossible. I have only just had my first tiny meal today (Friday) but starting to feel a little better now.

I'd really value your prayers please

Bubby
August 23rd, 2013, 09:44 AM
You have my prayers, Jane. I had the same problem and ultimately had to have mine removed. The inflammation can be very painful and really messes up your life as usual. I hope you feel much better soon.

Evilynn
August 23rd, 2013, 09:45 AM
I will have you in my thoughts! Pain sucks :( Hope you feel better soon!

Lisapc
August 23rd, 2013, 09:47 AM
You are in my prayers. Pain is very draining and I hope you feel better soon.

HandsOffItsMine
August 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
(((Jane))), prayers and healing light heading your way. This is no way to go on a diet DF. That kind of stomach pain is no fun at all.

Sure hope that you can get relief soon.

Huggers, Ruby and Don

pcbatiks
August 23rd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Jane......will be praying for you. Hope you feel better soon.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 23rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Hope you feel better soon! Several members of my family have had attacks and surgery, no fun!

CrazyMtnLady
August 23rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
You have my prayers. I had the same problem back in 2000/2001 and ended up having my gall bladder removed.
My DH has discomfort usually after a big meal. His sister-in-law works in a health food store and had him start taking Milk Thistle and Artichoke Root everyday and it has helped alleviate the pain.

dwil23
August 23rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Prayers coming your way. But, please consider talking surgery with your doctor. I have a co-worker who went through what you are going through for several years. Her doctor kept warning her that it would be better to go ahead and have a surgeon she knew schedule surgery rather than have an ER doctor take it out emergently. Well, she kept putting it off and, yep she ended up with an unknown doctor removing it in the middle of the night. She really wished she had listened to her doctor.

Shirley
August 23rd, 2013, 10:13 AM
Prayers coming your way.

grannyann
August 23rd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Sure hope you are feeling better soon.

toggpine
August 23rd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Unless there is some other medical reason to wait, get rid of that thing! I put up with mine giving me fits for about a year, because of our insurance.
I also agree that you want the doctor YOU choose doing the surgery, not whomever happens to be on staff when it MUST come out.
Most of the time they can do the procedure lapriscopically (sp?) now. A few days in the hospital, and you are headed home. Even the after effects are preferable to the pain.
I do hope you feel better soon.

auntiemern
August 23rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Prayers going up. Hoping you don't have to have surgery.

Andrea F
August 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Hope you feel better soon. Sending strength and positve thoughts.

MayinJerset
August 23rd, 2013, 06:09 PM
Ohh, that's a real big pain, hope the pain meds help.

Monique
August 23rd, 2013, 06:15 PM
If it has happened before, and now, it will happen again. I would opt to have it removed.

SallyO'Sews
August 23rd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Of course we are praying for you, dear Jane. I had some gall bladder issues when I was pregnant with my youngest. It was no fun at all. Hope you're all better very fast, and that surgery isn't necessary; but if it is, take heart: they often do them laproscopically (sp??) now, so the recovery is much quicker.
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

SuzyQue
August 23rd, 2013, 07:10 PM
Prayers said for you, Jane. Hope you feel better quickly!

Poppytree
August 23rd, 2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks ladies. Scans due on Monday and will talk to the doc after results next week. Need to have it done on Medicare so will have to get referred and join a list then wait a while - can't afford medical insurance!

A little better each day but still uncomfortable

BellasQuilts
August 23rd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Jane, so sorry you are in such pain. Praying for you now.

lilmouse
August 24th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Sorry to hear you are in pain...prayers going up now for you...hope you feel better soon!

Poppytree
August 24th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Off to bed now (its 10.00pm on Saturday night ) Managed to eat a bit today and drinking loads of weak tea and hot water. Pain a lot better but still won'[t go away in my lower back right side. No nausea thankfully. Will be sleeping with my hot water bottle again to ease it. Scans booked for 8.30 Monday morning!

ilive2craft2
August 24th, 2013, 10:09 AM
My prayers are with you. My mom had this and put up with attacks for a long time. Finally they took it out and did it laparoscopically and she said the surgery pain was nothing compared to the attacks and then she was attack free. She was sorry she put it off so long. Hoping you feel much better in the morning!

Poppytree
August 25th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Feeling better today than I have for the last 5-6 days. All the prayer helped - thank you. Getting scans done tomorrow morning and will discuss outcome and options with my GP soon.

wendyw1
August 25th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Hope you keep feeling better Jane, thoughts are with you xx

Poppytree
August 29th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Scans back - had a chat with my doctor and he's given me a letter of referral for the surgeon. My appointment is for early November with keyhole surgery soon after. (unless there's a cancellation before then) It will be done on Medicare hence the wait but its at a smaller hospital south of here rather than the main medical centre to speed things up. Should be all over and back to normal by Christmas!