• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Thursday already!

Hello Folksies!

Yes, it's Thursday. Yes, I have to work today. Yes, I did oversleep a wee bit this morning. Yes, I have NOT had a full cuppa yet . . . I got caught up reading some of the posts from overnite and lost track of time. Now you know why I need a timer set when I sit here.

Thursdays are my short day. I am hopeful that if I get finished early enough I can get back to my basement sewing area and straighten up a little before I make dinner. Also, the belt for my model 66 singer arrived sometime ago and I may try getting that put on. No guarantees, but, that's the plan, Stan.

I received a lovely COC block in the mail yesterday from one of our MSQC members who prefers to remain anonymous. I will be working on that soon. That is one reason I need to clear off my sewing table downstairs. It will be easier for me to sandwich the COC.

Yesterday had a Dr appt for my mom. Got there and guess what? She had the date down wrong. Her appt is for today. I have to work, so - she will have to go it alone unless she can get Sis to go with her. See, what makes me want to slap my head like a V-8 commercial is this. I normally make sure all her appts are on M - W. That way I don't have to rearrange my work day. Normally the dr's office will call me at home for reminders of the appts. Well, this one called Mom's office to let her know he had emergency surgery and needed to reschedule her. I reckon that snake messed her nerves up a bit because she doesn't remember. lol, totally understood. I believe Sis will clear her morning for this appt.

Off to shower and take a walk across the road. Foggy this morning - glad that I don't have to drive in it.

Be sure and find someone to dazzle with your smile today.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: Thursday already!

Good morning dear friends.

Woke up to heavy rain, thunder and a light show. We do need the rain. I can't remember the last time it rained. I got a few embroidery blocks done at work yesterday. Doesn't sound like I work at all, does it? But I do, once all the mail is sorted and my delivery person is gone with it, that is pretty well it. So I need to take something with me or I would go bonkers.

I am not sure what I will do today. Maybe quilt, maybe tag all my projects I am taking to the fair. I got my call the other day to help out on judging day. I really enjoy that and will see right away if I won anything. I was also asked to work on the Friday morning. They bring in school children and show them that there are other things to see at the fair besides the midway. I will tour with the French kids.

So happy Thursday everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Suzette
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2012

Happy Thursday quilty friends! I don't have a lot on the agenda, just work this morning, then back to my quilting in the afternoon. I have so many beautiful charm packs, layer cakes and jelly rolls to play with (all bought from MSQC, of course! ), I will have a wonderfully difficult time deciding which one to start on first!

Hope you all have a day full of warm smiles and lots of quilty time!
      Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

• Kelly F
        The Guild President
        • Jul 2013

Good morning.. Good morning Blondie!

I have been so busy this last week, but I feel like I have not accomplished a lot. We all know how that feels. I was little under the weather since last Thursday with a nagging sinus infection. I did so much sleeping, but I started feeling better by Tuesday.

I took the time yesterday morning to peek into my sewing room. I looked around and found some seasonal remnants for fall. I was inspired. I am going to make a wall hanging for this fall. I have other projects to complete, but when I get inspired and excited about an idea I have to start working on it or it nags and nags at me until I get it started .

I am heading into Richmond, Virginia today to receive an award for work. Yayyyy! It will take me about 1 and a half to get down there. And a hour and half to get home. Luckily, for me, I work from home and do not have to make this drive that often. Since April 2012 I have only driven down there 5 times. Woot woot!

We got a crazy storm last night too. Heavy heavy rain and very loud thunder. I didn't think that I would ever fall asleep, but I did. Apparently we lost power last night too. That is the best time for the power to go out.. You never miss it!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Kelly.
        :icon_wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Comment

• Mpyles
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2013

Morning ladies,

Still not in a routine of late. Still missing my dd. . Hubby got a bad report at the dr visit. . But as blondie would say...gonna go find a reason to smile.

Everyone have a great day!!
          Mary
          SW Missouri

Comment

• Iris Girl
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2013

Good Morning all!! had a t storm around 3am and some rain, nothing now though. Hubby doing good on his new job. We got my machine to the repairman last evening. He will take good care off it and get it back quickly with a working cutter. Its a long drive an hour from me in heavy traffic and I don't like to drive it alone, so waited til hubby could go for the extra eyes. working on finishing projects for my classes, snow people and the clauses wall hanging, a cute runner and a topper. Been kinda busy not posting alot, I do stop in a read some though, seems like everyone is doing ok. Hugs to those that need them. enjoy ypour day and like Blondie says smile it will brighten someones day.
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

• nyscpa2be
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2013

Good morning everyone. Blondie, I haven't even had my first cup yet - its brewing now. And yes, I'm feeling it LOL.

Monique, when is your fair?

I spent yesterday working as a cashier at a Fire Department chicken bbq booth at the county fair, and came home and crashed. I've been left alone now, so I think I might spend the day on the machine after I get the laundry in.
              Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Comment

• Evilynn
                Missouri Star
                • Sep 2012

Good afternoon!

I have my first "vacation" day behind me nearly. It's 3 pm and around 4 pm there will be a hungry man carrying a hungry toddler through the front door. I slept in - got up at 9 am - and what did I do useful for today? Uhmm... let me think... nothing! But I don't really care, it went as planned. I sat til around 12 in front of the pc, reading facebook, and got lost somewhere in the space of the internet (perhaps you know about this phenomenon, you find an interesting article or quilt pattern or whatever that raises further questions so you google, and before you know it, 1 hour or more is gone!) , chatting with Andrea via facebook and then I decided it's time to get out, and if only for 2 hours. I grabbed my mobile phone and went to the town. I found a new interesting game that makes you move around because you have to "capture portals" (which are most likely hidden in prominent spots in the city) so you walk a lot around in the town. Even in the small center of Mikkeli are a boatloads of portals so one afternoon won't even be nearly enough to capture them all.

Sorry for the geek talk, haha!

I hope all of you have a pleasant, not that stressy day. For me it feels a bit like weekend. Or better, more like holidays. Tomorrow I'll work in the household.

Hugs to all of you

Steffie
                ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ;)) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
                /
                Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

Comment

• shermur
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2013

Mornin' quilt friends! Yes, it is Thursday, but I look at it was Friday Eve! I guess summer decided to showup, it's been hot here this week and sure could use some moisture. Anywho, my summer hours at work will end by Labor Day weekend and will go back to regular hours (80 AM to 4:30 Pm).
                  My sister (who is going through marriage separation and divorce) and her 2 kids should be coming up this weekend. We are trying to help her out with her car...that is a plus since I am married to a wonderful mechanic! Plus, there is a family reunion in Sedalia, but since I didn't get enough notice...I won't be attending. There will probably be distant family members I would care to associate with anyways....you know, the ones who have scorned the family name and you wouldn't cross the street to acknowledge their presence....
                  Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• MRoy
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2011

Good morning! I'm still working on my first cup of coffee. Kelly, congratulations on your award! Mary, you're in my prayers today.

I went to Tuesday Morning yesterday and found packs of 7 fat quarters for $2.99. I got 3 packs to use for guild charity quilts. Then came home and cut the grass. No plans for today. Jake pup is still not eating, the vet doesn't seem concerned (says it's the medicine he's taking) but I am.
                    *~* Myrna *~*
                    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• nyscpa2be
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Evilynn View Post
                      I grabbed my mobile phone and went to the town. I found a new interesting game that makes you move around because you have to "capture portals" (which are most likely hidden in prominent spots in the city) so you walk a lot around in the town. Even in the small center of Mikkeli are a boatloads of portals so one afternoon won't even be nearly enough to capture them all.
                      Steffie, can you share the game? i seem to be stuck by myself quite often in a new city - that would be a way to get me out of malls!
                      Amy

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Comment

• Evilynn
                        Missouri Star
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by nyscpa2be View Post
                        Steffie, can you share the game? i seem to be stuck by myself quite often in a new city - that would be a way to get me out of malls!
                        Of course I can! It's called "Ingress" and is made from google. There are minimum specs your smartphone should have to be able to run it properly but I couldn't figure out which. I have an LG Optimus 700 p and the game runs ok'ish but not very smoothly. You need also a google-account to be able to play it. If you have all of these, let me know and I'll send you an invite (since it's closed beta still)

(Runs on Android phones ONLYit seems)
                        Last edited by Evilynn; August 22, 2013, 06:58 AM.
                        ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ;)) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
                        /
                        Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

Comment

• Lisapc
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2012

Kelly: congratulations.

Steffie: I am so happy for you. Enjoy your game.

Blondie: With my Lil' Guy starting school next Tuesday I will have to be up as early as you usually are. We once went to an important Dr.'s appointment in Boston for hubby at the cancer center to be told it was a week later. They called us to reschedule it and never put it in the computer. Could have been there mistake.

I can drive again! As long as I behave myself which I will. I am trying to decide where my first little trip should be. I guess since I really miss my LQS and I need Kona Black to start my daughters Christmas present I might just have to drag my son along. He he he.

Have a great day to all and prayers to all that need them.
                          Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

• nyscpa2be
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Evilynn View Post
                            Of course I can! It's called "Ingress" and is made from google. There are minimum specs your smartphone should have to be able to run it properly but I couldn't figure out which. I have an LG Optimus 700 p and the game runs ok'ish but not very smoothly. You need also a google-account to be able to play it. If you have all of these, let me know and I'll send you an invite (since it's closed beta still)

(Runs on Android phones ONLYit seems)
                            I've got an Android LG Optimus Zip, and a google based email. Even though the domain doesn't say google, it is. The state colleges in New York all use Google as the web server for emails - cheaper than building mainframes for the number of students we have. I'll PM it to you. Thanks!
                            Amy

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Comment

• aliaslaceygreen
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2012

Good morning! Work day is done! (just a 30 minute conference call today)... Now I am babying Miss Tatiana so she will eat while keeping Neko out of her hair... but watch out, SSS there he goes, right into your gift box!
                              I am off to the quilt store today to take photos for the owner, and then off to another one, new to me, that some evil person had to inform me of its existence.... I posted photos last night in Wed greetings of kitty and Laylabug if you want to see them...
                              OK...off to gather all my photo things...have a great day!
                              ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

Working...
                              X