PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Saturday!

quiltingtrish
March 12th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Good morning and time for everyone to be up and enjoying the sunshine!

What's on your agenda today? Lots of little projects for me here and will take the time to go outside and enjoy the sunshine and 50 degree temperatures.

Only cherry notes from me from now on. Love to quilt and that's what I will concentrate on from now on.

Hope you all have a sunny day.

Hugs,

Lola2Ace
March 12th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Good morning! It's sunny here too, and it's beautiful! Housework and sewing is on my agenda for the day. I have finished the friendship braid quilt top and I have a tumbler quilt with the Hooty Hoot line about 1/2 cut out. Our oldest DD and Ace surprised us with a visit last night and we had a great time with them as always.
Trish, just know that we are here for you, if and when you need to vent.
Well, I hope everybody has a wonderful day!
Lola

Sandy Navas
March 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM

Is this year flying by or is it just me? Here it is almost the middle of March and I don't think I'm on schedule.

The sun is out here, too! I guess after yesterday's disaster in the Pacific rim that the world could use a little light. Hubby and I sat up last night watching the news and find it so difficult to comprehend all the damage. We pray for all our families around the world.

Not sure what I'm doing today. I did make a decision last night that has lifted a huge load from my shoulders. I was struggling with Zoe's quilt and it finally hit me that there was a solution. Since I haven't been happy with it since day one I'm going to remove it from the frame, do a quick and dirty machine quilting on it, and donate it to charity. It is a nice, large, warm quilt and someone will get special joy from it. Then I'll do something else for Zoe that I'll be pleased with. Now that I've made that decision I feel so much better!!

Trish, we appreciate your decision to only talk cheery quilty stuff, but we all know you have a hole inside that needs to be filled and sometimes cotton batting doesn't completely close it up. So, if you need to vent and let off steam occasionally, just do it. You have our permission and know we won't hold it against you. Everyone carries some burden and there comes a time in our lives when we need to share!! That's what we do best here, share.

Sure hope Lola gets her quilting projects underway and also has time to enjoy the sunshine. And to the rest of our buddies who haven't had the chance to check in yet, GOOD MORNING, IT'S SATURDAY. I hope they are either sleeping in or just enjoying life at it's best.

Hugs to all!!

debinmalaga
March 12th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Well, said, Sandy, about sharing here when we need to. And ICK to those creepy looking flies!

Connie Chamberlain
March 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Sandy,do you have a picture of that quilt?Connie C

bakermom
March 12th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Beautiful day today! sunshiny and bright! going to make one more little thing for DD's birthday today then get ready for her celebration with family and friends! My "baby" is 21 today!

ginampls
March 12th, 2011, 01:08 PM
bakermom,,, congrats on baby being 21... all the milestones.... mine is 7... today we have light flurries.... still winter in northern MN... but DD and i are going to the doll show...It only happens once a year. i really want to gather boxes.. and prepare for the move. i need to dash off for now... love you all....

Sandy Navas
March 12th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Sandy,do you have a picture of that quilt?Connie C

Probably, but not that I'd want to share . . . :-) It really, truly is bad.

Blondie
March 12th, 2011, 02:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/1gm.jpg

Hi Ladies
I guess it is officially still morning here since it is not quite noon.
I am feeling a bit better, so that is good. I have several days of anti-b's left to take and I also think that the neti pot was the best way to clear up my congested sinuses.

I am hoping that I will feel good enough to sew tomorrow. I have sure missed having my kitty in my lap. Have to settle on Gracie dog. Speaking of which, Mom wants us to keep her, hubs really doesn't want her and I don't mind her. It is like having a kid in the house again. LOL. She has sure been good company for me whilst I was on sofa, feeling miserable. She is a happy little critter. She just needs some boundaries. Once I am back in my usual energetic self, she will get some REAL training. I couldn't ask for a dog that adores me more than this one. I don't even like chi chi's but she really has wiggled her way into my heart.

Mom is doing excellently. My sis and SIL have been staying with her at night. My DD may stay there tonite. I spoke with her surgeon yesterday. He called to check up on her (and me). He gave me very strict orders to stay out of her house until the meds I am on are completed. I think it scared him for her when he saw me the other day. There isn't enough make up in the world to have helped my eyes and nose. LOL. Not much better looking yet, but I am trying to make that work to my advantage somehow.
Worked yesterday, slept and then this morning, just a few cuts.
What I want more than anything is to sit and stitch. Sigh.
Sandy, those flies! yuck. We don't have any yet, one thing I can't stand about warm weather. Bugs in general. I am terrified of spiders.
Trish, I wish I could be closer to you. It is a hard time for you - always seems to come in bunches, I know.
I haven't forgotten to keep you in my prayers.
Hi to all here - Connie,Deb, Gina, bakermom (special congrats on your baby's big day) and everyone else I am certain I have overlooked.

Sandy Navas
March 12th, 2011, 02:48 PM

To make up for the flies . . .

ginampls
March 12th, 2011, 08:56 PM
blondie!!!!blondie.... i am sorry you are not able to spend time with your mom yet... but it is for the best recovering from surgery is hard... an infection could do really really bad things..
sandy the fabric fairy drop off big heavey box... they do exist..so happy i can't tell you.. but a quilt as ya go is gonna happen soon.

Onetiredmomma
March 12th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Flies...that's one of the worst parts of having horses, and not only the flies but this MUD! I'm up to my elbows! I've been on antibiotics for a sinus infection- remember when my whole family was sick? Well, it decided to settle in my sinuses. My teeth even hurt! I'm feeling better more and more, so I'm not complaining. We'll get to church tomorrow. We haven't been there the last two weeks because of being sick.
Blondie, hope you and your "new" doggie get to love each other a lot. I hope he grows on your husband, too. Dogs can be such nice companions. We have two right now, a poodle and a hound mix. We actually are looking to find a home for the hound. Our kids are allergic, and we think it's our best move. We used to have three and found a home for one last November. We love our pets so we want nice homes for everybody.
Trish, it's okay to vent here, that's what we are here for! I hope you can maintain some of your optimism. Sometimes it helps to get through difficult situations.
Sandy, good for you, but we still want to see pictures. Remember, no police here! We can learn from your mistakes:) I had to do that with Zach's tshirt quilt. I just put it on hold for a little because I'm bored with it. I'm still doing it, but it's not one of those projects I can get done without doing something else in between.
Sandy

sewmuchjan
March 12th, 2011, 10:52 PM
God Bless you Sandy (Fabric Fairy) you'r a keeper.

sewmuchjan
March 12th, 2011, 11:14 PM
In fact God Bless all of you.
It is so grand to find people that are so caring and supportive of folks.
It is rare in this world to find so many kind and caring ladies and gents, who all so love quilting, sewing, and etc. in one place. God Bless Jen and her Kids for making a wonderful place like this. More than just a LQS or blog or site. It is a home.

Hugs and hugs
Jan G :icon_wave:

toggpine
March 13th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Good Night to All!

I have had a busy two days. Painted the living room and a touch up of a den for a gal. Long days, but it put some $ in my pocket.
She'll have me back in two weeks to paint the hall and the bathroom.

I think I have washed off most of the paint, and now an headed to bed.

Missed you!
Cathy