PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Greetings

Blondie
August 21st, 2013, 07:45 AM

Hello Folksies!

It's Wednesday already. After the scare of our collective lives the other night, we are planning on returning to boring. I stayed with Mom again last evening and can say that while we both slept a bit better, we still did not sleep great. The guys spent the majority of the afternoon checking each room for any nooks and crannies to make sure things were pig tight as Daddy would say. They couldn't find a way to get in, so, who knows.
Sis was down for a while last evening and we went outside, sat in lawn chairs and observed the Blue Moon and night sky. Even with the moving cloud cover, the moon was lovely, clouds entertaining in their beautiful way and the company was good; Mom, Sis and I were able to sip on some hot cocoa and look for interesting objects, faces in the clouds.

Today is a Dr appt with Mom. It's local, so no real hurries. She had the endoscopy the other weekl Eye dr next week in the city. Both are follow up visits.

My days recently have been so chewed up with fragments of time that I still have not had the opportunity to sit and sew. You have NO idea how strange that feels to me. I am wanting to finish a few things for the shop and then finish up some COC's, SSS items and other gifts. I am beginning to feel the time crunch just a wee bit.

Here's to YOU today. It's the middle of the week, thinking of my most recent favorite commercial - you know the one with the camel walking through an office . . . since it's Hump Day, and everyone's lives are sooooo busy, it may be a good time to take a break with your coffee and write out everything you've gotten accomplished this week, month or even year. I betcha you've been far more productive than you realize.

Genny
August 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM
I too love hump day(and the commercial). Just sitting here waiting for 6am to go to work. I need to water the flowers and tomatoes before I go as mother nature has decided to give us a heat wave here in Iowa. Hate the heat and our central air unit at work is down so it gets up and over 90degrees inside which makes our work almost impossible. Looks like next week is even going to be hotter. Well...maybe I'll sweat some of my extra pounds off...have a great day everyone :icon_wave:

HandsOffItsMine
August 21st, 2013, 08:00 AM
Mike, Mike, do you know what day it is? Come on, come on, you know... ;) Hump Day!!!

I like that commercial but then camels do have that funny grin face, don't you think?!?

Another night of waking up every hour, really every hour, I looked at the clock. Oy. Don was snoring away like a freight train. Was thinking of moving down stairs but I was too frinkin' tired to get up. Gave up at 4:30.

No Blue Moon watching here, nothing but solid clouds. Very disappointing.

Kat's coming over for me to alter a dress, we're watching the GKs on Saturday so that they can celebrate their 4th anniversary (22nd). How fast it has gone by. She was such a beautiful bride. :)

Nothing else exciting going on. Huggers to all, Ruby

MRoy
August 21st, 2013, 08:11 AM
Good morning! It's foggy here today. For every fog in August, there will be a snow in winter...according to the old wives tale. I've just finished breakfast and am enjoying my coffee. I spent yesterday morning cleaning the inside of DH's truck. It's a crew cab and Jake pup rides in the back floor. I believe I could have made a coat for a small hairless dog after vacuuming the carpet so I went to $ General, got a rug, and covered the carpet. I hope this helps.

It's WW meeting and shopping day. I may hit Hobby Lobby today so I'd better go print my 40% off coupon. Happy Hump Day!

Carol336
August 21st, 2013, 08:28 AM
Phew - I was afraid to open this for fear of another scary snake story. I actually dreamed there was a snake in my bed last night - LOL But it was one of those elusive dreams, where I knew it was there but couldn't actually see it - praise the Lord for that!!!!

Hump Day - I love that camel too - just too stinking funny!!!!

I haven't been able to sew for a while either. First we had out of town company for a week, and now I'm working temporarily at our church office while they interview candidates for the position. I love doing the Lord's work, but I do miss my freedom and sewing just a tad.

Have a great day everyone.

Monique
August 21st, 2013, 08:49 AM
Good morning. Do you know what day it is? HUH? HUH? I love the camel commercial. LOL!! It was a beautiful blue moon last night. Not really blue but big and round. I did take some pictures.

So today I work. Got called yesterday afternoon. So I have my tablet packed and some embroidery I can do. I think I may come home for lunch plus I need to get to town to buy some garbage bags. The other day at Giant Tiger, they had little kiddie pools for $5. I got one but at this price I should have bought more.

I finally got the weeding done in my flower bed. The weeds were pretty taking over. Glad that job is done, at least for a little while.

So that is what on my plate for today. It will another scorcher today and that is ok as the fall is fast approaching.

So on that note, have an awesome HUMP DAY!!

Beakkmom
August 21st, 2013, 08:54 AM
Blondie, your post put a smile on my face today. I'm with Genny, need to water the plants outside since we're in drought conditions again, and the heat is back with a vengeance. After my coffee I'll head off to work - which is busy, but a good busy.
I stopped at Joanne's yesterday and bought batting to finish an autumn colored batik quilt.

Blessings to all,
Lin

MayinJerset
August 21st, 2013, 08:55 AM
Hello, Hello, No sewing here either but grandkids are leaving on Sat. so I'll be able to turn the guest bedroom back into my sewing room. Got to catch up with my Secret Pals gifts and sandwich a star quilt for next month's retreat.

DH took DGS to ball game last night and DGD and I had a good talk while having dinner. She's a lot more focused on school and setting goals than I thought, wants to be a journalist. Told her the best thing to do was to write, write, write.

So quiet with everyone still asleep but I have to get everyone up and at em as we have to remove the couch and recliner out of the TV room to clear the space as the new leather sectional will arrive sometime between 11 and 2.

Bubby
August 21st, 2013, 08:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

it's going to be hot here today. I have a haircut this morning and then a quick dash into the grocery store.

Today I plan to make a binding decision about my Dresden Plate quilt that I've had back from Reggie for over 2 weeks. It's rolled p on the back of the couch. I gave the Girls baths yesterday and don't understand why the groomer says they act terrible with her. They were both so good for me, even with the blow dryer. If they act up for her next time I will look for a different groomer.

Jeff woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible cramp in his thigh. Poor guy, they hurt him so bad he vomits. It took about an hour for him to be able to lay down again. He said he is still really sore this morning.

Wishing everyone a good HUMP DAY, camel or no camel!

Bailey65
August 21st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Good Morning!

Blondie I was so glad you did not have another snake story :) Today will be a sew day for me, yay!!! It seems like forever since I have been to my sewing room. We have had alot of company and other things that just needed to get done. It's probably been 2 1/2 weeks since I have been in there. I am Hoping to get alot done today. Wishing all of you wonderful ladies a glorious day!!!

Mom23
August 21st, 2013, 09:42 AM
You have no idea how many times I thought of that snake yesterday. I spent the day cleaning the upstairs of my house. I was always on snake patrol but my biggest fear is that there will be one today when I clean the basement. I did get a little sewing done on my mystery quilt but not near as much as I wanted. I have everything laid out on our sunroom floor and woke this morning to find things a complete mess. Hubby couldn't sleep last night so he went to the day bed in the sunroom. I know he didn't do it on purpose but he stepped on the blocks and one end is a complete disorganized mess. I will have to tidy everything up before I can get started today. No sewing until I get the basement cleaned!!

Have a great day!

toggpine
August 21st, 2013, 10:45 AM
Another day of goat judging at another county fair. This one should be the last of the season. We are making preparations for the state fair. How quickly the summer has gone. Two weeks and Em is back in school!

Have a good one!
Cathy

Sandy Navas
August 21st, 2013, 10:50 AM
Yawn, stretch, groan. Guess that explains a lot. What does today have in store? If it follows yesterday I probably can get the machine applique done on my aunt's Sunbonnet Sue quilt. I am so disappointed in the neck and arms that I put on - there are limited colors in the fabric pens and I used their pink . . . you'all know pink is my least favorite color. I'm thinking I may be able to go in and use a decorative stitch over the top and make it look a little better. But, using a fabric pen was the way my great-aunt Annie did hers - I think the pens were quite a bit different back then. I managed to spend about 4 1/2 hours working on it yesterday before my shoulders gave out and started crying STOP.

Thinking of all the pet peeves I have and wondering if it makes me a bad person to expect things to be put back where they belong . . . was it Benjamin Franklin (actually some others before him) who said "a place for everything and everything in it's place"? There is not one single person, besides me in this house, who understands that concept. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!
http://codinghorror.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a85dcdae970b0120a86da9b5970b-pi (http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/12/hashtables-pigeonholes-and-birthdays.html)

Lisapc
August 21st, 2013, 10:52 AM
Gotta love that came. Every office has that irritating character doesn't it? I don't miss that at all.

I am finally off of all yucky meds and can drive. Well only if I am not dizzy and it isn't more than 15 minutes at a time. No grocery shopping yet so fine by me. I hate grocery shopping!

Today I water the seriously dry garden and pick green beans. Our grocery store has lobster for $3.99 a pound. I might call and have a few steamed so we can have lobster and linguine for dinner. Mmmmm! We will see. I might do chicken thighs on the grill. Just depends on how the day unrolls.

Will I sew? Oh yes. I am getting excited about some of the things I am working on. Without a real deadline I am having trouble staying focused on one thing. I might have to print out a calendar page and make up some deadlines. Weird but it works for me most of the time.

Have a wonderful day to all and prayer to this forum as always!

cyndiofthevortex
August 21st, 2013, 10:56 AM
What a hot and lovely day it is here! My garden plants are screaming with thirst so that's on my list of things to do today. I can't concentrate with all that yelling outside. I went to one of my quilt guilds last night and talked to as many people as possibly to try to break into the group. I volunteered for a lot of stuff having to do with the upcoming quilt show. I talked to the librarian about helping her out. I welcomed a visitor. I'd like to feel at home in this group so I am going to do everything I can to make that happen.

DD Bethany has taken the kids today to the lake for lovely time in the water. I hate to sound like a broken record, but Christopher's mother blew off another visit with him this morning. We no longer tell him he is going to get to see his mother. It just doesn't happen. It means I have the house all to myself and will ignore the chores that need to be done for at least a few hours of sewing. I will not be thinking of creepy snakes but that camel is sure going to be on my mind. How funny he is! He refuses to be ignored. Hmmm.....I was like that at the guild meeting last night, wasn't I? Hopefully not as irritating and I certainly hope not as funny looking!

Precious1
August 21st, 2013, 11:48 AM
Good morning everyone. Lets see, my plan for today, hum, sew, sew, sew. I joined the Patriotic Christmas Stocking group, so I'm working on that. I've put my other projects on hold, including the mystery quilt, which has been solved by the way. Got back from a week end getaway. Picked up some fabrics. Not much. But before I start to sew, I want to try and organize my stash a little bit better.

@ Blondie- Read yesterday's post. I'm just like that, will do what gots to be done, but after the crisis, I'm an emotional wreck. Love the picture of today's post. Made me smile.
@ Sandy- The story of my life in my house. "If you put it back where it belongs, you will find it when you need it again" or "if you put it away after you play/use it, the house will stay picked up". I'm not OCD but I like things in its place and neat cause I'm lazy and don't like to see messes so I keep things picked up. That way it's less work.
@Cyndi- unfortunately Christopher's mom is so caught up on trying to get her next high, that she really doesn't have any idea what day it is. My mom raised my cousins until their mom got clean. It took about ten years.
@Lisa- Lobster & linguini, yummy. My favorite. Am I invited for dinner? LOL. Good to hear you are doing better and are off the meds. I had prescription meds. Sometimes I think the side effects are worse than the cure.

I hope every one else has a sunsmiling day. Be blessed.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 21st, 2013, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone! I should be sewing, but am being lazy for the second day in a row, and the ipad is getting a workout! I have two tops that I have blocks prepared for, they just need to be put together.

Going to have the grandkids overnight because mom has to work very late. I'll take them to school tomorrow. Hope I don't have to yell to get them to school on time-- sometimes this is the only way! Then we get the great granddaughter on Friday and Saturday while her father works ( that in itself is one battle won-- the father working!). Ought to be fun.

After many, many disappointments and plans that didn't work out with buyers, my daughter is at the title office closing on her St. Louis home. This was scheduled for July 11, it didn't happen then and after many delays, including finding a new buyer, it is supposed to be happening right now. I haven't gotten any frantic tearfilled phone calls, so I feel somewhat confident that it is really going to or has happened. Fingers crossed there! They are supposed to close on their Georgia home on August 30. Here's hoping for that one also. But I will miss them, and the lazy dogs also!

Hope you all have a good day!

Granny Judy
August 21st, 2013, 02:59 PM
Well, it NOON and I've had to do a "sit down".... Finally I have found out what is wrong with my right foot (heel). Plantar F. (you know-- that "itis" word)... I thought I had just a "stone bruise". NOPE, no one is gonna CUT on me!! I got a good water bottle for freezing then rolling my foot on it. A pair of heel pads for walking .. and smart enough to know when there is pain, ya gotta get off that foot.. So I am doin' my "sit down" and icing thing.

Hump DAY!! and only 5 days more til Son and family gets here. I'm hoping to get some huggin time in and catch up on the news with all of them. (squeals)

Alana
August 21st, 2013, 08:06 PM
Long day today and I'm tired. I will so happy to retire in about a hundred years......phhhtttt......In the meantime, the weather here is summer again after a few weeks of cooler weather. The humidity has soared again and the AC is on. Walking to work this morning I saw so many of the trees changing already!!! I just can't believe it's only mid August. Crazy weather this year. As for the fog tale...I guess that means we will be getting tons of snow this winter because it's been foggy almost every morning for two weeks.....ack!!!

I'm sitting here looking at my fall quilt. I have it already to sandwich but I seem to have lost my ambition somewhere and it sure ain't around here......! I hope to get at it this weekend anyway. I have such great plans for this one.

Work has been crazy....busy busy one day then dead slow the next. I have all my work so caught up and usually just sit around most of the day when I could be home sewing!!!! Just got some new fabric from Connecting Threads...pretty metallic Christmas design. Just what I need more fabric.....

Well, off for dinner. I hope everyone is well and had a fab day.

aliaslaceygreen
August 21st, 2013, 08:30 PM
Well, I am going to do a Wednesday Evening check in...sorry I disappeared! Let's see....so.
Sunday/Monday was Laylabug...Yesterday I felt like ****e...but went to work, as they pay me to be miserable.
Today, I woke up really needing coffee and a shower.
The toilet overflowed and while I was cleaning that mess up, Tatiana decided to stage her protest at Neko's presence by peeing on my bed. So, mop floors, strip bed, start wash, grab 30 second shower and there was no creamer for my coffee!

Tomorrow Has to be better ... (I am off, and I am going to the quilt store!)