PDA

View Full Version : End of term reports

Divine Daisy
August 20th, 2013, 06:14 AM
As many of you know I have been running a quilting class over the past 12 weeks. Friday Sept 30th is the last class and whilst I have enjoyed it I am glad it is done.

For a bit of fun I am going to do an end of term report and thought I would test them out on you!

These are not their real names

Jill

You have done a great job during the class. Always helpful and kind to others you have made some lovely quilts. Keep going! One thing that would help you is to slow down! Take your time and think through your quilts so that you solve problems before they develop.

Kay

You are a lovely quilter. It is such a shame you don't have more time to spend on it but your blocks are always accurate and very neat. Your colour 'sense' is great. I will miss your baking too!

Cactus Cath

When you joined the class I was worried that you would match your nickname and be prickly! But no, you just grow cactus and didn't stab me with your spines once. You make really tidy and accurate blocks, something to be much admired. The time and effort you put in shows in your results every time. My only advice would be to keep doing what you do but try to be a little adventurous. Safe is good but spreading your wings will take your quilts to another level.

Caroline

Ah my Caroline............ goodness you have amazed me! In twelve weeks you have gone from never having touched a sewing machine or a needle and thread to a lovely quilter. Your style and imagination are just great and your many UFOs make me smile. Do try to finish one though! I know your brain is off to the next project and you want to 'get at it' but the rest of us want to see the finished product! It has been a joy to teach you. I know I said to use the blind man on a galloping horse rule of thumb, but there is no need to trip up the **** horse love!

Audrey

When I see you walk into class I always smile to see you carting along everything you did since the last class. Wow you have proved prolific! I love your attention to detail and your pout when your points don't match. You have from the beginning thought outside the box and have taken the blocks I showed you and done such amazing things with them that your natural talent shine through.

Top of the class!

Ok what do you think everyone? I didn't want to just tell them they are all brilliant........ each one is in their own way but I wanted to also give them something constructive to move forward with. Tell me if I have said anything which might discourage please because that is the last thing I want to do. I want to tell you a little something about Audrey to end with. She is a very special lady but is lacking in confidence. She has never been told she is good at anything or that she has done a good job. She is........how shall I put this....... quite abrupt as a result. She scared the pants off me when I first met her, almost defied me to be able to teach her anything because she thinks she cannot learn. Boy can she learn! She may not be able to read or write very well but she can quilt like a natural.

One final secret to share with you. I am going to offer Audrey a job once class is over helping me make my quilts for the Christmas market. She is like a little machine, plug her in and off she goes, and she is just as thrilled with the 43rd block as she was when she finished the first. Doesn't get bored and can just churn out the same block over and over until you tell her to stop lol. Wish I was like that! ~I get soooooo bored.

bkthomas
August 20th, 2013, 06:20 AM
I love it!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 20th, 2013, 07:32 AM
That is such a wonderful report to share with your students! No discouragement in any of the reports, only stating how much progress they have made. You are such a wonderful and caring teacher! It's so good to hear how well your students have progressed under your guidance!

Blondie
August 20th, 2013, 07:39 AM
AAHHHHHH, Daisy -
first off, it is so good to see you!
Secondly, you are a natural born teacher and what student wouldn't be encouraged when reading these words.
thirdly, hang onto Audrey.
Most important of all, thank you for helping these ladies through different stages of their quilt abilities.
Blessings to you

Blondie

Monique
August 20th, 2013, 07:56 AM
I would so love to be a student of yours. Your reports are fantastic.

Lisapc
August 20th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I think they are just great reports. You have personalized each one and let each student know that you really were engaged in your teacher/student relationship with them. Great job!

MRoy
August 20th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Your reports to each student are great - constructive and encouraging. I'd love to have a teacher like you.

Granny Judy
August 20th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I think they are just great reports. You have personalized each one and let each student know that you really were engaged in your teacher/student relationship with them. Great job!

Lisa has said much better than I ever could. so DITTO and hugs to you for all your work and kindness/respect.

Sandy Navas
August 20th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Oh, how I wish I had been in your classes - I'd love some glowing reports once in a while. Bet I could garner up some hugs, too!! Thinking of that, give Mr. Daisy a couple now and then - just for allowing you to show your stuff!! Know I'm loving having you as a forum friend!!! And, like many, many others, I am so excited when I see a post from you!!

Do we have a BIG CAT story?

Mom23
August 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
There is nothing better than getting a personalized compliment. Your students are very fortunate to have had you for a teacher.

lilmouse
August 20th, 2013, 12:15 PM

I really love how you have personalized each student....great job and how could they not learn with such a great teacher...you are awesome Ms. Daisy....and so glad to see you post...missing you all the time...Susie

toggpine
August 20th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I think that is a wonderful way to end a set of lessons.

Precious1
August 20th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Very good and encouraging.

K. McEuen
August 20th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Hehe, Caroline sounds like she could easily hang out here.