PDA

View Full Version : Scotland

mommadeb
August 19th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I have a friend who bought a kilt in Scotland for a relative. It was too small for her, so she gave it to me for my granddaughter, who is 3. The kilt is a child's size 8 (I would assume UK size). It is brand new with tags still attached and never been worn.

What I was wondering, would anyone be interested in having this? I have absolutely no use for it. Let me know.

bubba
August 19th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Who wouldn't want that??? But I'd need another one for my second leg! :lol:

K. McEuen
August 19th, 2013, 05:55 PM

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Lord, iced tea came out my nose.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 19th, 2013, 05:56 PM
It's beautiful, I bought some wools from Scotland that are the remains from a kilt making business, that's how I got to know Divine Daisy. But I havn't done anything with my wools, so wouldn't know what to do with the child's kilt. But it is beautiful!

bubba
August 19th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Lord, iced tea came out my nose.

My day is complete!!

Hulamoon
August 19th, 2013, 06:38 PM

lol That was funny!

I'm actually half Scottish and planned to go one day. Well one day hopefully.

yeeehawterri
August 19th, 2013, 07:22 PM
The tartan is for the Stewart clan. Any Stewarts on here?

Lisapc
August 19th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Not here, my GD is a Kerrigan. Very charming like a Scott. If no one else is a Stewart she would love it. Her almost favorite colors.

Divine Daisy
August 19th, 2013, 08:21 PM
At my class last week I covered applique, one of the girls chose an owl and did it in tartan! Looked amazing, so effective. It was from the same lot Jean and I got. Excellent.

Just for information, the stewart tartan can be worn by anyone. Something about queen Victoria 'gifting' it to the world so everyone would have a tartan. I am sure your are all grateful lol. Ironic really considering how very German old queen Vic was..........