PDA

View Full Version : Friday ~ TGIF

Blondie
March 11th, 2011, 08:05 AM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd353/Forsaken_Empire/tgif.jpg

Good Morning Ladies!
Feels good to sit in front of my computer screen and wave at everyone!
This has been the longest and shortest week if that makes sense. I have lost so much time just in travelling to the hospital. Once home again, I stayed away from Mom because wouldn't you know it, I started a fever. Good grief. My sis has been staying with her. Dr looked at me again and decided it was a bacterial sinus thing. Thanks Doc. More meds. I am almost feeling good but don't want to jinx anything. I have NEVER been this type of sick before and for so long. It has really whooped my butt. Sis has been staying with her. Her husband has been nice about that. Generally he is very demanding of her time. It's a shame she doesn't have a Luscious or Sandy's Al or Jan's sweet man.
We still have Mom's little chi chi with us. Gracie is sure a handful. Mom can't handle her very well because Gracie is so full of spunk and omg, is she ever headstrong. She loves me as I let her out of the crate and let her sit wallow on the sofa with me. She makes a great little lap dog. She is on my lap right now under my lap quilt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/GracieMarch2011.jpg

Sure have missed everyone. I may not be online much the next few days. I am going to try to work today; lost too much $$ in the past few weeks between being sick and Mom. I am certain I will come home this evening and just collapse.

middlesis1966
March 11th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Morning Blondie. Im sorry to hear your sickness is back. I know in my area we have had the same issues. I just dont think the docs really know how to treat it. Alot of peeps have it linger. Just what ya wanted to hear. Sorry:-( So I will get of the subjuct.
Im so glad to hear your mamas doing better. Im sure in awhile she'll be back to her sassy self.
Im listening to the weather and I pray Spring has sprung. Its been a long winter for alot of the gals here. Im so ready. My poor bald head gets so cold, lol. I wonder hows come you dont get goose bumps there. Hmmmm, maybe I will just have to google that.
Well all Ive gotta go get ready for that pesky thing they call work, UGH. I shouldnt complain but I just want to lay around this am and let it be all about me, but thats just not in the cards. Have a fab day all!

quiltingtrish
March 11th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Good morning - yes - TGIF!
Prayers for those in Japan and around the world who might get the Tusami's - what a tragedy!
Here - flood concerns are rising. My home is high and dry but with all the rain lots of homes have water damage in the basements and others in the flood zone are being evacuated.
Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead tomorrow night. Another hour of sunlight - YEAH!
Oh Blondie - hope you are over your bug soon. My son's came back too - just can't get him to go to the docs or take medicine. I'm waiting for him to get sick enough that he can't get out of bed at all, then he'll have to go. He refuses to take any medicine for anything (he is 22). And we are signing the guardianship papers today about Katie. I hope I hold it together. When does this roller coaster trip I'm on stop for crying out loud.

Guess I better get ready for school - the kiddos will be waiting. Hope you all have a wonderful day. I'll check back in later.

Hugs,

janluna
March 11th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Blondie, I'm so sorry you are sick again. Don't mess with those sinus infections they can get nasty in a short period of time. Love the picture of the cat!! And I feel like that cat looks. lol Don't over do. I know you gotta work but don't book yourself too tight.
Paula wear a hat so you don't catch a cold. 70% of your body heat leaves by way of your head. So to keep yourself safe wear a hat.
Trish, my heart goes out to you. I wish I could shake some sense into that daughter of yours, but that wouldn't work anyway. Just take it one step at a time. One foot in front of the other. It will get better. Take a deep breath and think of it as a learning tool for Katy. She will find out that home isn't so bad after all. I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. You are a good person and don't deserve this treatment you are getting from her. Keep strong. It may be the best lesson Katy will ever learn. Hope you son gets better quick. Love you all, Jan

patticakes
March 11th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Hello Quilty World!
A big cyber hug for you {{{Blondie}}}! Hope you can finally kick this bug! Hope Mom is doing good.
A big cyber hug for you {{{Paula}}}! You sure know how to keep that bald head on the sunny side of the street with your positive posts! You brighten my day!
A big cyber hug for you {{{Trish}}}! I feel like my daughter dislikes me 50%of the time and sometimes, although I love her dearly, I don't like her either. I know that she "hated" me for a while when she was younger about decisions I made in my life. Come to think of it, I did not approve of all of my Mom's decisions in life either and was a real s**t about it at the time. Just love her from a distance....she'll come back to you.
A big cyber hug for you {{{Jan}}} Just for being you! Don't worry, I won't squeeze too hard, I know your back can hurt! You are always so generous with such good advice!
A big cyber hug for you {{{all my quilty peeps}}}! Just because I can!

No news from the owner, par for the course, he probably knows already but doesn't want to lose any sales or have us rip him off by telling us. I know him and the way he thinks well. The waiting is killing me!! I am trying to practice the art of Tao, living in the moment, but I am lousy without a plan, so I am doing the best I can. Glad it's the weekend soon, I will either work here if I get the word, or clean tomorrow morning and quilt when I am done.
Hope you all have a fine weekend! I see high 50s in the forecast for next week!! Yeah!
Patti

debinmalaga
March 11th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Hello all! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. So nice to peek in here and see what everyone is up to.

Blondie, so sorry to hear that you got a fever after thinking you were just about all better. Hopefully the new meds will do the trick!

Paula, keep that noggin warm!

Trish, I know I always tell you to hang in there... so hang in there :-).

Patti, keep on keepin' on with that job roller coaster. Congrats on your 50 degree temps on the way!

Sandy Navas
March 11th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Good Morning to all my Quilty Friends!! We're getting so many regulars here that I'm having a difficult time keeping up. Isn't it great to have such wonderful friends to converse with, to share with, to lament with, to cry with, to sympathize with? Love you each and every one - dearly!!! Haven't felt as bad as Blondie's cat for a while. I was hoping that wasn't one of her customers for the day - a definite before shot!! Trish, do take care and know there will be joy when your daughter finally 'wakes' up! And she will. Patti, hang in there. Sometimes these things happen to bring us to a brighter place in our lives - it is the NOT KNOWING that is so difficult though. Paula, I'm sending you some sunshine and flowers - hope they arrive in fine shape. Jan, healing hands for your back. In spite of your pains you've been a bright spot for me!! And Deb, such a constant for us all.

Today is looking bright - need to go have a pedicure before my toes start to retaliate. Then hopefully I can continue on Zoe's quilt. I'm torn about it - not knowing exactly how I'm going. I have one row of hand quilting done along the bottom edge. The main problem I'm seeing is stitching through the stabilizer I had to use on the gingham. NOTE TO SELF: Do not use 'stash' just because you have it - quality, quality, quality. Gingham is NOT for quilting.

Al's plane arrived as scheduled yesterday afternoon, almost as I was returning home from taking Amanda to work and home. The first thing he said to me was "What's Dr. R's telephone number?" Seems he had a toothache the whole time he was in CA - and two of his brothers are dentists . . . he never said a thing to them or me. Off he goes to see Dr. R and calls from the office to tell me he has to have a root canal done. So, five hours after he landed he calls to say he's on his way to the pharmacy for pain meds. And here I'd fixed a nice dinner . . . he was in so much pain he could hardly eat. But, he slept well (he gets knocked out so easily on any pain medicine) and got up this morning saying he was doing great. Glad to hear that.

Okay, Buds! Have a wonderful one. And for those friends who haven't checked in as yet - HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

toggpine
March 11th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Morning All!
My heart and prayers go out to the poor folks in Japan who have lost everything. How horrible!
Prayers for our quilty sisters who needed healing and patience!
I am off to paint today and probably tomorrow. We'll see how far I get on the living room today.
Take care & try to squeeze in some sewing!
Cathy

pdjewelrylady
March 11th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Good Morning Ladies - HUGS all around!! It is a beautiful spring day here in central Florida - its bike week at Daytona Beach and the motorcycles are everywhere! like sworms of bees!!! LOL it really is something to see when they ride all together in long rows on the highway - yesterday i saw a group of must have been 200 all at once!! i really is amazing and don't ride but just seeing the joy these people get for the whole adventure is fun.

Went to see Joyce Meyer speak last night - she is incredible in God's word. shares it straight orward without fluffy frufru junk. love her!

Next week is the "big" quilt show in Lakeland - going over with a group of us on friday afternoon.... hope the lady is there with the Curve Master sewing foot - i want one!! lol :)- The last 2 packages of fan block better be here soon so they can get swapped out and whoooohooooo they are beautiful! you ladies that are patiently waiting will be pleased :) The WILD swaps are looking GREAT! if you haven't checked out the picture yet - do it and join us - fun fun fun on the wild side :)

quiltingtrish
March 11th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Oh yeah Paula - please do wear a hat - even if you're inside and cold. I'd be afraid you'd get sick and we don't want that.

Can I veg here? Well, of course, I can - certainly have done it before.
Those 'church people' that protest at funerals that the Supreme Court said it was okay for them to do - well, now our County is boiling mad. I'm sure you've heard about the family that lives in Blain, PA where they had a house fire and 7 children perished. They plan on picketing their funerals! There's been talk to somehow block off all roads so they can't get in anywhere close. We are just waiting to hear when the funerals are and where to see if anything can be done. This home is about 45 minutes away from here in a community where they take care of their own. I'm sure they wouldn't mind having a little help from the rest of us out here. I can't take off work so not sure how I can do my part, but these people call themselves Christian? And people are wondering where the world is going to these days.

Supposed to go to a coupon class tonight at the library. I'm hoping it's to give us some websites to print off coupons to use locally and other pointers on saving money.

Getting cold out there - hope it doesn't snow again. Supposed to go to the Pastors house tomorrow to work on some annual reports - might have to be postponed a few days.

Also hoping to get some sewing in this weekend. Hope the sun is out where you are!

Hugs,

Onetiredmomma
March 11th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Well, it's Friday and I feel like I have nothing to show for the week except for a sink full of dishes and a house to clean.I always have to tidy up Friday nights because Saturdays DH is home with the kids all day and it help keep my Saturday walking in the door after work a little more manageable. He does okay, but cleaning up after kids in a house with the kids is like shoveling snow in the middle of a blizzard.

He's out tonight with his dad, and he said to me, "once the kids are in bed, you can relax and sew!" I laughed. As soon as the kids are in bed, I'll be in bed!
Have a nice night everyone!

Blondie
March 12th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Can I veg here? Well, of course, I can - certainly have done it before.
Those 'church people' that protest at funerals that the Supreme Court said it was okay for them to do - well, now our County is boiling mad. I'm sure you've heard about the family that lives in Blain, PA where they had a house fire and 7 children perished. They plan on picketing their funerals! There's been talk to somehow block off all roads so they can't get in anywhere close. We are just waiting to hear when the funerals are and where to see if anything can be done. This home is about 45 minutes away from here in a community where they take care of their own. I'm sure they wouldn't mind having a little help from the rest of us out here. I can't take off work so not sure how I can do my part, but these people call themselves Christian? And people are wondering where the world is going to these days.

I had not heard this, Trish. I mean, I heard about the family - so tragic and prayers have been offered. I certainly hope that these morons stay away. I have never understood their reasoning. Unfortunately, they are certainly not representing the name of Christ very well - I have often prayed for their eyes of enlightenment be opened. Such a shame to not have COMPASSION and common decency for those mourning. If anything, they should MOURN with those who are suffering. That is what the Word says, right?