PDA

View Full Version : Fridays are Fantastic

Blondie
August 16th, 2013, 07:42 AM

Hello Folksies!

Happy Friday! I feel light as a feather as I drink my first cuppa. I mean, this will be the 4th Friday in a row that I am one client less. I am certain she is making someone else as miserable as I am happy. And I am certain they will not tolerate it for as many years as I did. I went to bed last night fairly late. I was just giddy over how much better I feel inside. I am by nature a happy go lucky kinda gal - just never realized how much weight was dragging me down. So, my advice to any who are carrying the baggage of job misery - explore options. I hate that it took me so long to make this move.

I did share some pics yesterday; I have to take more - a lot of what I did take were way out of focus and blurred. No amount of photoshop could clear that up.

This is my last official week of sleeping in late. Hubs will be back on track very soon and we are going to be doing our dry run of wake up calls next week.

Off to read a few minutes before that short walk across the road. Blessings and SMILE

aliaslaceygreen
August 16th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Good morning! Jasmine is wearing my DH out already... he forgot how Energetic kittens can be.... And she is a brave one...she was contemplating Tatiana's swinging tail last night, but THANKFULLY thought better of it....

Right now, she is watching me from under the desk....little eyes peering up throu the keyboard tray....have a great day!

MRoy
August 16th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I couldn't agree more. Job stress and misery can really get to you. I toughed out the last year and I was miserable a lot of that time. Now I feel like I've been released from prison.

DH and I may go to a local Bluegrass Music Festival tonight if it's not rainy. I love me some bluegrass! Happy Friday everyone!

Lonna
August 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Good Morning All,

Sounds like some happy ladies here this morning. I too am in a good mood this morning. Taking the day off from work going to pick up my DD and head out for the S.E. LA. shop hop. I don't think we will make it to the seven shops that we have not been to yet but I know that we will get to at least 4 of them. We will make it to the 2 in New Orleans and the 2 in Baton Rouge but don't think we can make it all the way over to Lafayette.

Thank you to those who have been keeping DD Amber in your prayers she is slowly getting a little stronger each and every day. Now if she can keep that son of a out of her life. Once again thank you ladies you are all a might group of prayer warriors, each and every one of you are a force to be reckoned with. I am so glad to be with such strong women.

Wishing each and every one of you a wonderful day. I am off to hop, hop, hop!

quiltingtrish
August 16th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Blondie - you posted pictures? I'll have to look for them.

Aren't kittens the cutest with those big eyes of theirs? Our smallest one is 9 months old now and she speed races through the house when she's awake and then just falls over for a long nap. She is not a lap sitter (yet) but will lay down beside you wherever you are or jumps up and lays down in the chair you just got out of for 5 minutes.

I spent the most wonderful day with my Dad yesterday. He has been wanting to go to the Army Heritage Center in Carlisle, PA for the past few years. They have all the wars represented with an inside building with hands-on activities, displays, etc. and also a very large outside exhibition with tanks, stations with every war represented, etc. After walking around inside, we asked the information gal where the M10 Tank Destroyer was located outside. She gave us a map and labeled all their tanks. It was about a mile loop of walking which I knew he couldn't do. I suggested many times that we call ahead and have a golf cart available where they drive you around to the exhibits. He would get angry and insisted he didn't need that. (After he heard it was a mile loop and half the tanks were near the middle, he agreed that perhaps a golf cart would have been a good idea.) So, anyways - he thinks he read in the newspaper they had a M10 there and the one the gal labeled was not even close to it. But we still had a wonderful day together and a promise to go back - perhaps next summer.
Then we spent the rest of the early evening cleaning out his 1975 pick-up truck that I have mowed around for about 10 years. He's decided to finally sell it for scrap while it can still be towed away.

I finally had the time on Wednesday to try out the embroidery feature on my sewing/embroidery machine I bought 2 summers ago. Took all day (while washing and hanging out 6 loads of laundry) where I finally got to the point early evening to push the button to actually make the design. The thread kept getting caught in the bobbin case. Finally around 9:30 PM I decided I wasn't messing with it anymore that night. I picked up embroidery 75/11 needles and will try a different embroidery thread today to see if that helps. I have no idea what needle is in there now, I think it's just a regular sewing needle.

So, that's my plan for today - try the embroidery again, wash all the blankets, quilts, covers, etc. in the house and hang them out, and pull up some directions for a quilt auction my sister and I are going to in Lancaster tomorrow morning. Besides quilting supplies, there are about 15-20 completed quilts and 80 some boxes of completed tops and fabrics. It seems as if a quilter passed away perhaps. It sounds like a fun day for us if we come home items or not.

Well, better start that washing. Seems the kids each have more than one topping on their beds - could be an all day job.

Hope everyone out there in Missouri Forum Land has a great day.

Hugs,

Monique
August 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Blondie I am so happy that you are so happy. Have an awesome day, my friend.

Trish, have fun with the new kittie.

Myrna, I hope you make it to the festival. Have a ball if you go.

Lonnie, have an awesome time with hopping. I wish I could tag along.

I had a very busy day yesterday. Went out in the morning to the church sale and came home with preprinted quilted xmas stockings to make. I am going to have my own this year for the first time ever. I found a pattern for a shopping bag and I almost have that done. Another thing to add to the growing list for the fair. My brother came for a visit, he fixed my stove, fixed my ceiling fan and then we had a lovely dinner. What a great brother he has become since he got rid of the excess baggage. LOL!! Today I will take my neighbour into town (he lost his license in a DUI, he is 75) and stop at my mother-in-law's, She needs a switch plate replaced and a light bulb changed. I will finish up the market tote bag later and then we are out for dinner at friends. I work tomorrow morning and then the rest of the weekend is mine. When I get everything all together for the fair, I will take pictures.

I need to shower, so I wish you all a fantastic weekend friends.

Renate
August 16th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Happy Friday dear all. Looking Forward to a wonderful Weekend, it is the one bevor my DH`s 50 th birthday next Monday and you can imagine that I have a lot of preparings. We will have some guests on Monday, Family and friends. Markus wants to have a Barbecue and this is very easy to organize.

Maybe you remember that I asked for a good idea for a birthday present and you had some good hints. At least I gave an offer to a Goldsmith to make a coin witha heart inside and in this hart are recessed 2 tiny little diamonts, one in dark Brown and one in light Brown. it came out really well also the coin is very small, only half an Inch Diameter. And tonight i am going to sew him a loveletter in FMQ ... leastwise I try to .... maybe it will be impossible to read it, but he will feel my love anyway ...

Have a great Weekend all together and happy quilting

Nidan_07
August 16th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Morning / Evening all.... it is Friday evening here. Hope you all have a great Friday, or have had a great Friday. Am looking forward to tomorrow. We have a friend who has been over in the United States and is bringing me home a large haul that I had sent to him from M*. I think that I have used up half of his baggage allowance. He said that he had plenty of space in his bag coming back.....not any more!!! The money that I would have spent having the stuff shipped home was utilised very wisely - I bought more fabric with it. I do have a list of things to get through tomorrow before I get my new play stuff late in the afternoon. Unfortunately, the list consists of really mundane tasks such as stripping down beds to wash sheets, washing clothes, ironing, folding, cleaning fridge and oven. Whilst DH is out and DS is catching up on a heap of school assignments I Plan to spend some of the afternoon sewing with DD. She is only 8, but has herself set up in my sewing room with her own table, sewing machine & my old cutting mat. I made her a pouch that hangs on the wall (smaller version of mine) and she has some rulers stored in there. It has a small pocket on the front for her rotary cutter. Problem with this set up is that she now thinks that everything in the room is 'ours'. She does have some of her own fabric - when I see really good mark downs I pick up bits and pieces for her to have her own stash. I have had to make her aware that there are rules for using the sewing room. She knows not to touch any of my ('our') things unless asking, and has been really good with this. She is really good on the machine and has had the rotary cutter safety demo. The other really big one is not to use the iron without me there. I was kind of hoping that my sewing room would always be my own play room, and sometimes It drives me a bit nuts when she is in there, but I can't not let her in there when she is showing such an interest in sewing. I will get around to posting pics of my sewing room at some time. It isn't a really big space, but it is mine...I mean 'ours':D
Anyhoooo.... I hope you all have a great Friday / weekend. Enjoy yourselves and stay safe.

Beakkmom
August 16th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Blonde and Myrna, I took the big step a year ago today, with courage and prayers from ladies on this very board. I left a job that caused me nothing but stress, and God provided a job, the perfect job. I love the job, and in fact my new 'boss' (new pastor) starts today!

I love life, and am thankful for the ladies here, who encouraged me during that hard time (mom died during that time as well). The year has past so quickly, and has been one of joy.

Happy Friday to all, as we enjoy this lovely late summer weather, what a glorious time of yea!

Lin

Jean Sewing Machine
August 16th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Hi everyone! Blondie, so glad to hear your troublesome customer has moved on! What did you do to make her want to leave you? Hopefully she finds happiness elsewhere and doesn't decide to come back to you, to harrass you once again!

I've been working on another twister project, but it isn't finished, I'll show and tell when i've finished it.

Made my mom's favorite summer cobbler, peach-a-berry cobbler, from a 50 year old Better Homes and Gardens plaid cover cookbook! We ate and ate, but there's still a little bit left FOR BREAKFAST!

Have a great day everyone!

Lisapc
August 16th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Good morning and you all appear to be pretty happy today. I hope it continues.

My grandchildren were here yesterday and I had a blast. I loved just listening to Kora and my Lil' Peter upstairs in his room playing. I was on the floor with Lilyanna and she is just hysterical. Poor kid is a dead ringer for me. My poor daughter, her oldest looks like my mom and her Lilyanna looks like me. I told it was her own fault for her weird way of naming her after me.

Hubby had a funny look on his face all evening. Finally I asked him what was wrong and he admitted what he done. There was a summer BBQ at work and he ate way too much. For a man who eats an entire pizza for dinner when we order pizza this is a bold statement. He ate something like a whole chicken, 1/2 a pig and 1/3 of a cow. He was up 3 times last night eating tummy tamers. Poor guy brought it on himself. Light dinner tonight, heave on the garden salad!

No plans for today, I am just going to let it naturally unfold. I am really tired after Kora's big idea I will likely post about later because I need some ideas so today I rest.

Prayers for all!

cyndiofthevortex
August 16th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Good morning, all. DH's dreaded company wide audit that he's been in charge of is officially over today. I cannot tell you how stressful it has been for our whole household to prepare for this week! When he gets off this noontime we are packing up and heading to the World Quilt Show a few towns over. We'll be spending the weekend there in the wonderful hotel where the show is held. I'll be able to roll out of bed Saturday and Sunday and be at a fantastic quilt show! I need thread and that's all I'm going to buy - just watch me do it! I mean it! No breaking my fabric diet just because there are a hundred vendors there with awesomely wonderful fabrics and books and notions...

Granny Judy
August 16th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I'll be able to roll out of bed Saturday and Sunday and be at a fantastic quilt show! I need thread and that's all I'm going to buy - just watch me do it! I mean it! No breaking my fabric diet just because there are a hundred vendors there with awesomely wonderful fabrics and books and notions...

Really, Cyndi???? I'm gonna be watching you.

Glad to hear Blondie's Happy State of Mind is happening... YOU deserve much more since you do such thoughtful things for so many others.

Wishing lots of fun and happy smiles to everyone today.. It's my day to make sure I cross off all those projects I started this past MONDAY.. Well, not gonna get one quilt finished.. it still needs to be sandwiched. Maybe this week end I can borrow the dining room table and DD's muscles to get that done.

NOT getting the Mystery Quilt top put together, either. But I'm working on it. The ol' body just isn't what it used to be and I have to be careful to stay out of that recliner of mine.. It puts me to sleep when I sit a spell to watch the news on tv. I wonder if I could get a refund for it.

CrazyMtnLady
August 16th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Good Morning everyone. I actually slept in this morning till almost 8:30. Wow!

Didn't get much work done organizing yesterday.. Daniel had errands to run and of course I had to go with him. Especially when there is a chance to go out to eat. LOL. Today we will probably end up going to Springfield for Steak dinner and maybe a little shopping. But I want to get a little done here first.

I got a beautiful birthday card in the mail from our Sandy Navas.. Thank you so much. I usually only got a birthday card from Daniel's mom and maybe my friend in Ohio. But with his mom gone now I didn't expect a card. It was a wonderful uplifting surprise!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

lilmouse
August 16th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Donna, I am sorry I missed your birthday...so belated Happy Birthday...hope it was a good day for you!

Sandy Navas
August 16th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Morning / Evening all.... it is Friday evening here. Hope you all have a great Friday, or have had a great Friday. Am looking forward to tomorrow. We have a friend who has been over in the United States and is bringing me home a large haul that I had sent to him from M*. I think that I have used up half of his baggage allowance. He said that he had plenty of space in his bag coming back.....not any more!!! The money that I would have spent having the stuff shipped home was utilised very wisely - I bought more fabric with it. I do have a list of things to get through tomorrow before I get my new play stuff late in the afternoon. Unfortunately, the list consists of really mundane tasks such as stripping down beds to wash sheets, washing clothes, ironing, folding, cleaning fridge and oven. Whilst DH is out and DS is catching up on a heap of school assignments I Plan to spend some of the afternoon sewing with DD. She is only 8, but has herself set up in my sewing room with her own table, sewing machine & my old cutting mat. I made her a pouch that hangs on the wall (smaller version of mine) and she has some rulers stored in there. It has a small pocket on the front for her rotary cutter. Problem with this set up is that she now thinks that everything in the room is 'ours'. She does have some of her own fabric - when I see really good mark downs I pick up bits and pieces for her to have her own stash. I have had to make her aware that there are rules for using the sewing room. She knows not to touch any of my ('our') things unless asking, and has been really good with this. She is really good on the machine and has had the rotary cutter safety demo. The other really big one is not to use the iron without me there. I was kind of hoping that my sewing room would always be my own play room, and sometimes It drives me a bit nuts when she is in there, but I can't not let her in there when she is showing such an interest in sewing. I will get around to posting pics of my sewing room at some time. It isn't a really big space, but it is mine...I mean 'ours':D
Anyhoooo.... I hope you all have a great Friday / weekend. Enjoy yourselves and stay safe.

Oh, do we ever need to talk!!! Wish I had airline tickets.

bkthomas
August 16th, 2013, 06:29 PM
This is a Fantastic Friday! I am done with the wall hanging I was working on and will be putting it in the mail soon! The kids are taking me and we are all going out for dinner! Hope you all have a good day too!

Alana
August 16th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Evening all!!! Yes, it's finally Friday....yippee! I so can't wait to retire. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and have the most fantastic boss ever but I am very tired of working. Almost 50 years of it if you count my after school part time jobs....yuck! Soon Alana...soon!
The weather here has been terrible and we have had a pretty awful summer all round. As I stood waiting for the bus this morning I happened to look down on the ground and saw a yellow leaf.....gads!!!! I looked up to the top of the tree and sure enough some of the leaves were changing already!!!!! I was horror struck! It is, however, supposed to warm up some on the weekend and be nice and sunny...we'll see...we'll see....
I'm happy you have deleted some of the stress in your life Blondie. People can be so thoughtless and hurtful....if you see her coming..lock the door!
Hope you all are having a fantastic evening!