PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Night Blues

Sew Perfect
August 15th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Hello All...tonight DH went back to work. He's been on vacation for the past week. We didn't go anywhere; we just stayed home, and I was okay with that. Dh helped me put a nice Martha Stewart shelving unit together in my sewing room and helped me arrange my room around. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I still have some things to do, as I have a whole wall to do whatever I want with.

I feel like it's really quiet in the house again. Back to lots of sewing and my health regiment. One thing I will say is he is not a good influence when it comes to eating healthy. I just can't eat like he wants to, so he will have a nice surprise for dinner tomorrow night.

kensington
August 15th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Make steak, potato, salad... Cut off 2 bites of the steak for you... have the salad, and give him the rest.

Sew Perfect
August 15th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Good idea. Never thought to only cut 2 bites for me and giving him the rest.

bkthomas
August 15th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Music and comedy cheer me up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbcoWU6WN58

Sew Perfect
August 15th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Thank you, Kathy. I sewed for a while and then watched the video along with a few others from the same girl. She's funny and very good!

Lisapc
August 15th, 2013, 09:20 AM
I hope today is a wonderfully creative and peaceful day for you. A belly laugh wouldn't hurt either.

Claire Hallman
August 15th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I buy porterhouse steaks [every once in a while] and after it is cooked I get the small area that is on one side of the bone and DH gets the other side. We are both happy!

Sew Perfect
August 15th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I buy porterhouse steaks [every once in a while] and after it is cooked I get the small area that is on one side of the bone and DH gets the other side. We are both happy!

Claire, you are a clever woman! I did take out some steak and plan to make stir fry tonight. I plan to measure everything out for myself. Especially the rice part because I've really cut down on bad carbs.

Lisa, I hope today will be good as well. Thanks to all who posted. You are all wonderful!

VickiJ
August 15th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Make steak, potato, salad... Cut off 2 bites of the steak for you... have the salad, and give him the rest.

Hhmm...where do you find the magic elixir that keeps you from cutting off more bites of steak? Is it available online and do they have overnight shippping?:icon_popcorn:

Gayle8675309
August 15th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Hhmm...where do you find the magic elixir that keeps you from cutting off more bites of steak? Is it available online and do they have overnight shippping?:icon_popcorn:

LOL @ Vicki! :)

Miss Sheri
August 15th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Misa, what a sweet hubby you have, to help you put things in order in your sewing room. Gotta love a guy like that. I find music [when I'm on the machine] and fav. movies [when I'm hand stitching] are helpful when I'm alone, but I also love to count my blessings. It never fails to lift my soul.

auntiemern
August 15th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Very clever Claire. You are getting the filet part and he is getting the strip. I would go for that deal any day.