PDA

View Full Version : The day we all started something new

Wwena
August 13th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Today was a big day in our family! DH went back to work yesterday but I was home with the kids one day extra, since their teachers had a day of education (for themselves!) and everything for the kids was closed. So today was our big day! David, my 4 yr old, started a new kindergarten/daycare since his old one is being torn down. Very exited! He's been looking forward to going there all summer. Alice, my 6 yr old, started school (or pre-school really, we have one prep year before real school starts but it's in the same school) and she was even more exited! Such a big girl now. :) She's been counting down to this day since before she left kindergarten/daycare in June.

Both have had a great day and David fell asleep shortly after we got home, before 5 PM lol.

Their mum also had a big day! I started my new job today and my head is full to the brim with new info and lots of new impressions. :) It was great fun and I think I will like it there very much, but it's a lot to take in at first. I'm used to starting anew since I work as a consultant and will swap projects and work place (since I usually work at the clients) about once a year but it's different to actually change jobs since it feels like I need to get to know everyone right away. It's exhausting! I had a great first day though and I look forward to diving into the systems I will be working with tomorrow. :)

The exhaustion could also be because we managed to change our sleeping clocks a bit during the hols and I had a really hard time going to sleep last night... ;)

Sandy Navas
August 13th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Anna, you sure did have a very exciting and busy day. Sure hope the kids continue to always be excited about school. Oh, and you will do fantastically well in your new consulting position - I can tell from just keeping tabs on you here.

MayinJerset
August 13th, 2013, 04:46 PM
You all had some new and exciting first days, the kids at new schools and you at your new job, Best of Luck, May

WendyI
August 13th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Woah! I'm tired just reading that! Congrats on starting the new job...glad it turned out well!!

PeggyM
August 13th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Best wishes for great new beginnings.

Sew Perfect
August 13th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Anna, it sounds like you've been quite busy. I hope you go far in your new job and will love it. May the kids enjoy school, as it is always an exciting time for them to start back.

Lisapc
August 13th, 2013, 08:52 PM
You sound excited and satisfied. Your family is moving forward and growing. Exciting and a bit sad to watch the little ones move up a level isn't it? You will all do great in your new endeavors.

Nidan_07
August 13th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Congratulations Anna!! Firstly, Congrats for your new job. Sounds like it is going to keep you busy, but if you think you will enjoy it, then that's great!! Too many people have jobs that they hate going to every day so I hope this one works out well for you.
Secondly.... Congrats for keeping it all together whilst your kids made such big changes in their little lives also. It is so great that they were so excited to go off to their new schools / Kindy. I think it is a really big step to send our kids off to their first day of school. Our school year is different here in Australia. Our kids get about 8 weeks off school in December, January for our summer, so our school year starts towards the end of January. This year my son started his first year of high school (year 8) It was such a big deal for me....seems like only yesterday that I was leaving him in his classroom for his first day of school. They just seem to grow up fast.
All the very best to all of you for your new adventures.

MRoy
August 13th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Congrats on your first day at the new job. It sounds like you and the children all had a great day.

lilmouse
August 14th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Sounds like a great new beginning for you and the children...good luck in your new job!

Wwena
August 14th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Yes when the kids grow up and make those monumental (to them) leaps, it's both heartwarming and -wrenching! Thank you all for understanding :)