PDA

View Full Version : Why?

sewsoft
March 10th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Hi all, I just needed to vent a bit. I have this friend that I always did Crafts with and we would do crafts at each others house all the time and share things the other did not have. Anyway she lost interest in the Hobby and said I could have all of her stuff. I thanked her and was jumping for joy, I did the happy happy joy joy dance :icon_woohoo: Well guess what? She gave all of her stuff to someone else instead of me :icon_surprised:. I guess I really didn't mean much to her after all... Our friendship meant nothing! She leaves me a message letting me know oh I gave everything to this other person I have nothing left for you. Okay, I see so that's what our friendship meant to her Absolutely nothing that she would give it to someone else after we arranged for me to get it from her. I feel so low right now... Wow, all I can say is Wow! For real.... Thank you for listening. Now to change my focus.

Carol_Ann
March 10th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Hi, Mia .....
That was a thoughtless thing your friend did to you. I feel badly for you. What are your hobbies? Maybe you & I have some of the same craft interests & I could help you out. Carol Ann:icon_wave:

sewsoft
March 10th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I Sew, Quilt, Scrapbook, make greeting cards, Photography. One day maybe I will learn Hand Embroidery and Crochet.

rebeccas-sewing
March 10th, 2011, 08:29 AM
It's always so disappointing when we discover a friend isn't really a friend at all. Don't be depressed! Take joy in the fact that you would never do such a thing to someone. Somewhere along the line she didn't learn how important loyalty is. Sorry you had to experience this.

quiltingtrish
March 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Ouch! That does hurt! People like that will unfortunately go through life and get to the end and have nooone around and wonder why? You are obviously not like that and like Rebecca said "take joy in the fact that you would never do such a thing to someone else".
Remember, you have all of us here - and we'll never leave you.

Big Hugs,

Sandy Navas
March 10th, 2011, 10:17 AM
It is amazing the things that so-called friends will do . . . and leave such an empty feeling in our hearts. I feel for you!! And, I'll be your friend!!!

debinmalaga
March 10th, 2011, 10:25 AM
That was really a rotten thing to do. I'm sorry you were let down by someone you thought was a friend. We're here for you though!

patticakes
March 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM
My heart aches for what you must be feeling! The "stuff" is probably not the issue but the fact that she was not a person of honor and what comes out of her mouth means nothing. Although I am thinking she's a total "b-yotch" at this point, the other Godly side of me says to "turn the other cheek". I know me, I would probably somehow nicely (even tho it would be fake) let her know I was glad she gave her stuff to someone else because for some reason (it was really a bunch of crap, or I really did not have room for it, some other made up reason) and then put her on the far back burner in my life. It certainly looks from the outside like she either really wasn't as good of friend as you thought or her values are pretty low, or both.

Shirley
March 10th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Sewsoft, So sorry this happened. She was not a true friend. I have had something similar happen to me and it makes you wonder how someone can say one thing and then do another. My "friend" is no longer my friend. People can be so disappointing sometimes! I could never do something like that to anyone. Just move on and let us know how you are doing!!!!!

EsGrandma
March 10th, 2011, 11:40 AM
So sorry - it is sad when this happens with someone you believed was your friend. We're here for you!!

sewsoft
March 10th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Thank you every one for listening and being here for me to vent. What hurts so much is that I thought she was a true friend (I was) and she went back on her word. Lesson learned. You live and learn, Right?

Elaine
March 10th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Sewsoft, I know exactly how you feel. I had a similar situation happen to me not too long ago. With friends like that who need enemies! But you know what? I would rather sew with Jenny on my computer screen than with anyone else...... in the comfort of my sewing room. Look at all the friend we have here. Chock it up to experience.

sewsoft
March 10th, 2011, 06:01 PM
That's right ,You hit the nail on the head. I love it here I look at the videos and go in my sewing space and I'm in my own world I could sew for hours. We chat and leave messages on this board and smiles and hugs when we need them also.

kelandspence
March 10th, 2011, 06:35 PM
There are better people out there sewsoft ! That person probably had an alterior motive for giving those items to another person.... If she would promise you something then give it to someone else then she's not a very good person at all !!!!! what comes around goes around (I always say ) you know what KARMA is !!!!! lol

Kelley