PDA

View Full Version : Having a tough weekend

Quilting Buddy
August 10th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Three weeks ago I found out my 11 year old cat has kidney disease. I've been taking her in a couple times a week to get fluids and giving her medicine also, The vet told me today that her condition is very advanced and that she is in pain. I made an appointment for Monday to let her go. My heart is broken.
Thanks for listening.

auntiemern
August 10th, 2013, 08:34 PM
So sorry that you will be losing your fur baby. It is never easy. Will pray for comfort for you.

quiltingtrish
August 10th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Awww. I've got prayers coming as she crosses over to the other side. It's never easy to let our lovies go.

Hugs,

cyndiofthevortex
August 10th, 2013, 08:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. It sounds like she's been much loved for all these years. Come on back on Monday and let us know how you're doing. I know it will be a very hard day. We're here to help you get through this.

Sharyn J
August 10th, 2013, 08:42 PM
We recently had to put our 11 yr old dog down for the same thing, kidney failure. It's a tremendous emotional thing to make the decision and let them go. I feel your tears but I know that it will bring comfort to you knowing that she will be at peace and no longer in pain. Sending hugs and comfort your way.

Gayle Russell
August 10th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Some days I feel that it is harder to let our furry loved ones go, than our two-legged ones. We choose our furry friends. They guide, comfort and love unconditionally. It is a greater love to gently let go, than to cling and prolong pain. She will always be a part of you. God bless you both.

Bubby
August 10th, 2013, 09:29 PM
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I went through the same thing 4 months ago with our Scottie, Molly. My prayers will be with you. Hugs, Barb

dizzyLiz
August 10th, 2013, 09:39 PM
I just went through this. July 9th I had to have my schnauzer Shugg put down. She had cancer all in her mouth. Honestly it was the toughest thing I've had to do. She was in my arms when she left this world. I'm so sorry. Honestly I'm still grieving. Haven't been on the forum much at all this summer. Give yourself time to grieve, and heal. You will be in my thoughts and prayers Monday.

P.S. I swore I didn't want another dog. I have gone to my vet's no kill shelter and played with the dogs there, and intend to do that as much as i can in honor of the love Shugg gave me. My 33 anniversary was 07/18/13, DH informed me I will be getting a schnauzer puppy 08/28/13. She is light salt and pepper. She will never replace Shugg, but DH thinks this is best for us. Honor your fur baby in your own way.

Love,
Liz

easyquilts
August 10th, 2013, 10:07 PM
I've been there, and done that with much loved dogs..... I am truly sorry for what you are going through... It's very hard to make that decision. Will be thinking of you Monday.

God Bless,
Sandy

PeggyM
August 10th, 2013, 10:13 PM
I'm so sorry for you. I have had to put dogs and cats down, and it broke my heart. But I know I saved them their misery. They live to love you, and put up with pain to be with you. You will meet again at the rainbow bridge.

Nidan_07
August 10th, 2013, 10:27 PM
I feel your pain, as I have had to make the same decision for a much loved dog. Give your furry friend lots of cuddles until Monday, and know that you are doing the best thing that you can. You are doing a very caring thing by not letting your friend suffer pain and misery. All the very best to you. Take your own time to heal. It is amazing just how much our pets become a part of the family...I know mine do.

ilive2craft2
August 10th, 2013, 10:37 PM
I am so sorry, our fur babies are such a big part of our families. This was a difficult decision, but I feel it was the right one. You love them so much you don't want to see them in pain. Will keep your family in my prayers.

Kelly F
August 10th, 2013, 10:54 PM
My old man kitty, was dying, and he had a stroke. He passed on after that. It was just a few weeks ago. No matter how it happens, it breaks your heart. You have to allow yourself to let go and grieve. Be there for him, and then remember how lucky you and your family were to have them to love. It is hard. But you can do it. If you need anything.. We are here.

DCM
August 10th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I'm so sorry -- it's so hard to let go. Just know that you're doing the best thing for your furry friend -- it takes a lot of love to make the decision you've had to make. We'll be thinking of you on Monday.

mom4him
August 10th, 2013, 11:32 PM
I am so sorry. That is such a hard decision to have to face. Will be praying for you.

Lisapc
August 10th, 2013, 11:37 PM
You are show your cat how much you love him by sparing him any more pain. I am thinking of you both.

lilmouse
August 10th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Will keep you in my prayers...it is so difficult to go through!

Auntpiggylpn
August 11th, 2013, 10:50 AM
So sorry to hear about your beloved furry one. Our pets are such an important part of our lives. I truly believe that the greatest act of love for our pets sometimes is letting them go. You are in my thoughts.

Iris Girl
August 11th, 2013, 10:54 AM
So sorry to hear about your furbaby. It is never an easy thing to do. My heart is heavy with sadness for you. Know my thoughts and wishes are with you.

Cathy F
August 11th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Sending you hugs and prayers to have the strength to get through this very difficult time.

Sew Perfect
August 11th, 2013, 03:39 PM
My thoughts are with you during this time of sorrow.

GuitarGramma
August 11th, 2013, 05:22 PM
My heart breaks for you. I learned the hard way that sometimes, this is the best thing you can do for your beloved pet. We're here for you.

quilter.martha
August 11th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I'm so sorry. I join all the others in saying I know what you are going through. I find it amazing, this relationship with our pets, something to love and cherish, and when they leave us, how it hurts. My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Mpyles
August 11th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Awww, so sorry about your kitty. Is never easy saying goodbye to our beloved pets. Peace be with you. Hugs

tamsterg7
August 11th, 2013, 06:12 PM
How very wonderful that your buddy has had you for 11 great years, and now will have you as she passes over to join all of our beloved pets. I know you heart is breaking, as I recently went through the same ordeal with my 8 yr. old Wheaten. I still miss him, but know that while he was here he was the most loved dog on the planet. Hopefully you will find comfort in great memories, and I will be thinking of you Monday.

aliaslaceygreen
August 11th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Oh, no! I am so very sorry to hear such sad news....Hope that you and she have had a wonderfully comforting day together, hugging and holding her.....take care....

SallyO'Sews
August 11th, 2013, 10:07 PM
I'm so sorry; 11 years is a long time to enjoy the company of your pet. Will be praying for you.

New York Sue
August 11th, 2013, 10:20 PM
You're doing the right thing, my friend.
Advanced incurable disease, PAIN...
We should be able to make this same decision for our OURSELVES and our loved ones, in my humble opinion...
In some ways, pets in the USA have it better than people, when it comes to end of life decisions.