PDA

View Full Version : Sidewalk sale in the rain

nyscpa2be
August 9th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Do I go or do I stay home? My LQS is having a sidewalk sale. I have $80 cash. Here is their FB post from a few hours ago about it, and it is now raining here.

EZ up go the tents! Killer Clearance Sidewalk Sale at Calico Gals begins at 1:00 today! Lots and lots of fabrics at $5 per yard (even batiks!). Books, patterns, notions, good stuff - all at least 50% off. "Surprise Guys" - goody bags with $20-$25 value - just $10. Good, Great and Gone Buckets loaded up with $3, $2, and $1 items. Come and get it! Additional discounts happening throughout the weekend so shop early for the best selection.

bubba
August 9th, 2013, 02:28 PM
GO!!!!!!!!!!

MayinJerset
August 9th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Don't you have a umbrella? Too good a sale to pass up, might even be bigger discounts because of the rain.

cyndiofthevortex
August 9th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Go, go, go! It sounds like a lot of fun. It will be an adventure to go in the rain. Let us know if you go and if you do, what you got!

Lisapc
August 9th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I hope you have already left to go. I went to an after Thanksgiving sale that was greeted by a snowstorm. The few of us that showed up got an extra 10% off our purchases.

SuzyQue
August 9th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Of course you should go. You have the money, the time, and the prices and deals sound great! Don't let a little rain keep you home. It isn't ice! You might get even more, since the rain will stop some people! Post pics of your treasures when you get home and dried off!

nyscpa2be
August 9th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I'm home. And I only spent $40. Some of it was kind of disappointing. The "huge" sale was two small tents with one table each. I really thought it would be bigger - I guess from the description, since they said 100's of bolts including batiks, I was thinking it would be like Keepsake's sale. They actually had about 20 pieces of yardage, already rolled up. I got four one yard cuts of fabric that were $5 each, but they feel like they might be larger than 1 yard each. I also got three patterns, two of which were B1G1 free, and a new seam ripper since I don't like mine.

They also had a large display of Baby Lock and Ella machines. I was standing in front of them, admiring, but noticed there were no sales prices anywhere. The manager comes over as I was admiring the Cresendo, and asked if she should put it in my bag. I laughed and said not today, I'm just starting to look. She got an immediate look of disappointment on her face, kind of one of those "why am I bothering" looks. But she went on to explain some features, and was comparing machines for me. Then I hesitantly asked the price. It retails for $4,000, but they sell for $2,500, with a further discount for cash sales. OK, I'll be back, definitely. They are the closest Baby Lock retailer to my parents, even though my parents live near Albany NY. Just not sure which model I'm going to buy yet.

Overall, successful trip. And then it was off to Family Dollar for essentials, and there is a chinese restaurant next to Family Dollar. So now I'm chowing down on Orange chicken and Dumplings.

Roxanne
August 9th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I would be there with an umbrella!

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Kinda like me hitting Hancocks this afternoon? Thinking since they have 'lost their lease' (Hancocks has filed Chapter 11 but this store's personnel doesn't seem to know that . . . ) but they have been reducing prices for several weeks (they are over 50 miles from me so I just got there) and EVERYTHING I wanted was G O N E . . .