PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sandy ---

dwil23
August 8th, 2013, 11:15 AM
---did you see the news about the family in Michigan that just had their twelfth boy? May try again for a girl.

Terri
August 8th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I saw that and that's the reason we stopped after having four boys in just under five years!!! If we had kept trying for that little girl, well let's just say I would probably have my own football, baseball, basketball & soccer teams! More power to them. I cannot begin to imagine feeding & clothing twelve boys....hand-me-downs or not.

cyndiofthevortex
August 8th, 2013, 04:48 PM
What fun it must be around the dinner table with all those boys! I have 5 boys myself and it was always an adventure when they were kids. I miss it now that they're grown.

bubba
August 8th, 2013, 05:18 PM
This is exactly why I am the middle child of five girls!!!! All named P names w/middle names that start w/J! For years, I swore my name was PamPaulaPat! My mom would just go thru the lineup till she got to the one she wanted!!

dwil23
August 10th, 2013, 02:03 AM
This is exactly why I am the middle child of five girls!!!! All named P names w/middle names that start w/J! For years, I swore my name was PamPaulaPat! My mom would just go thru the lineup till she got to the one she wanted!!

Growing up it was just me and my younger sister Kathy. We had an older cousin, Robin, who lived out of state that we only met a couple of times. Our poor grandmother could not call or talk about any of us with out calling all three names. If she called your name last - you were the one she meant! I heard Robin, I mean, uh Kathy, I mean, uh, Donna more times than I can count.

Lissau
August 10th, 2013, 04:29 AM
my husband is number 6 of 7 boys and my motherinlaw was in the delivery room in labour when they told her she was having twins

auntiemern
August 10th, 2013, 02:36 PM
My mom and Dad had 5 girls. Pretty sure that was enough for them.

kensington
August 10th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Sandy, have you seen "The Women"? (1939 version)... Edith Potter gives birth to her 8th girl during that movie!.. I have 6 boys myself. 1 girl. I had 6 grandsons, the stork finally brought another girl... now there are 2. You just never know. LOL.

lilmouse
August 11th, 2013, 02:51 AM
My Mom had 6 girls before her first son...then another girl and then another boy....and did they ever get spoiled!

Suzette
August 11th, 2013, 07:50 AM
I used to live on the same street as a family who had 8 girls (all under the age of 11) and pregnant with their 9th child -- yep, a girl! I always thought it was a good thing the dad was a corporate lawyer. They were going to need lots of money for all those weddings they would eventually be paying for! :D

Sandy Navas
August 11th, 2013, 11:35 AM
It is not just the weddings - I encourage their Dad to buy stock in Playtex!!!!

It does get noisy around here at times - they all have their own opinion about everything. They do tell me they aren't 'trying' for a boy - whatever life brings (shouldn't she be loosing her fertility by now????). At the hospital all the nurses were calling Don "Mr. X".

Ran into someone yesterday whose sister has 10 boys and not a girl in sight.

dwil23
August 12th, 2013, 05:32 AM
It is not just the weddings - I encourage their Dad to buy stock in Playtex!!!!

It does get noisy around here at times - they all have their own opinion about everything. They do tell me they aren't 'trying' for a boy - whatever life brings (shouldn't she be loosing her fertility by now????). At the hospital all the nurses were calling Don "Mr. X".

Ran into someone yesterday whose sister has 10 boys and not a girl in sight.

My son swears it's the showers - if dad takes cold/cool showers it will be a girl. Warm/hot showers produce boys. He claims it has worked for all of their many friends who have had babies in the last few years without fail.

I also just read that the mother of the twelve boys in Michigan has a sister who has ten children - all boys. I bet if whose grandparents ever get a granddaughter she will be the most spoiled rotten little girl ever!

Iris Girl
August 12th, 2013, 06:06 AM
playing the law of averages is just crazy. Especially in this day and age with our shakey economy. We had 2 boys (dad liked warm/hot showers so maybe some truth there) His sister had 2 boys and changed husbands to get a girl!! LOL I am an only child so nothing else to go by. my cousins all seem to have mixed bag with some of each.

SallyO'Sews
August 12th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Three of my six boys are named (in order) Joshua, James, & Jonathan.

Advice to new moms: don't do that. :icon_rolleyes:

Bailey65
August 12th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Well I only see boys in my future. My husband is the youngest of 3 boys. His Father is the oldest of 2 boys. We had 2 boys ourselves and my oldest son has 2 boys..............pondering what it would be like to make a pink quilt or girlie things:icon_umpf: Oh and my only sister has 2 boys.

Still holding hope that one day my youngest son will marry and give me a grand-daughter! :D