PDA

View Full Version : Why Thursday, HELLO!

aliaslaceygreen
August 8th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Good morning all! Since I am up, I thought I would get started. Probably wise, as I have been so lax of late.

I have been very busy re-vamping my website. You can see it below my signature, the rteest42 one. I am very happy with it, but certainly appreciate other eyes wandering through to tell me if there are errors!

No kitten yet. Talked DH down some, and had a few near misses at the various shelters where there were adult huge lumps of fur (the ideal cat, to DH).... He 'gets' that we need a very tiny kitten if we have a chance in hell of Tatiana accepting it.

I have tomorrow off, and now that the website is done, it's on to project 2 on the must be done list, which is my RVA quilt.

Hope that things are going well with YOU!!!!!

Take care!

Monique
August 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Good morning Trish and others that follow. I missed the whole day here yesterday. You know, Maizyn rules around here. We had another great day. What is there not to be great about. I love that little girl with all my heart but it will soon be time for her to join her parents. I was a little put out yesterday when I spoke to Phil. I got called to work Friday and all week I have been after them for definite plans on when they wanted Maizyn back. So yesterday, Phil says Jodi thought maybe Saturday or Sunday. So we compromised (meaning me) and she will join them at the end of the day on Friday. They will have to learn to be more definite next time. I feel a little guilty and I know I shouldn't.

Maizyn and I did get a nap in yesterday. It was dark and rainy and she looked to be so tired. She did not balk at having a nap. Needless to say, she did not want to go to sleep last night. So no nap today. LOL!! She is still in bed as I type this.

Ok enough already. Have a wonderful day friends. Prayers going out to those in need.

toggpine
August 8th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Well, I'd like to be still in bed. I must get chores done before heading out for a drive through some nasty morning traffic through Seattle to get to my next county fair judging assignment. Ugh!
It is my sincere hope that these folks have this show together much better than the one yesterday. Poor gal, it was her first go at being a superintendent, and she didn't have an assistant. Time management was a big problem. Hopefully she has a list of stuff to do differently for next year.

No sewing today, but I hope to see some lovely quilts on my lunch break!

Make today a great one!
Hugs, Cathy

Sandy Navas
August 8th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Monique, you crack me up and your nap story reminds me of an incident yesterday. Al and I had made arrangements to meet for lunch after he completed a business meeting. He was to call me when he finished and the time would be variable. Meanwhile Rita 6YO wanted to sew and I was helping her complete a doll blanket when the phone rang. I told her we would finish the blanket later and in all her innocence she said "But, Nana, what if you need a nap?" Of course the draw to the pool was greater than the draw back to the sewing room.

Trish, sent you a PM - love your new website!!

Other than that, don't have anything to spread around. Tomorrow I'll have lunch with my BFF (grade school friendship renewed) and since her birthday is next week I'm making something very special just for her.

Till next time . . . SMILE, as Blondie says. I hope she finds time to smile soon. Don'tcha all miss her???????

HandsOffItsMine
August 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Trish, you're website is cute in deed. Love your xmas photos. Hmm, I better get started! lol

Monique, don't feel guilty. They need to know that there is a scheduled time needs to be made. :) We do the same even if Kat/Matt live four miles away. Only when it's an emergency...we do have a life...ok, maybe not really. Boy isn't that sad! lol

Cathy, no road rage when traveling through Seattle traffic. :p Hope you have a better time judging at this event. DF!

No napping for Sandy! Messes with your sleeping rhythm!

Working on unpacking my art supplies. It's so nice to see my old friends! Makes me very happy. Maybe my next week I can have a table set up in my room and some time/energy to draw out something.

Don's going to Kat's, she has a dentist cleaning. He'll enjoy some alone time with Miss Penny and Mr. Oliver. :)

Hope everyone has a nice day...we have thunderstorms scheduled for today.

Huggers, Ruby

Lisapc
August 8th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Reading everyone's morning greetings make me realize how busy we all are and how much our family, grandchildren mean to us. I wonder if our children know what gifts they have given us.

My mother bought fabric to make arm rest covers for her family room. She cut the fabric out and delivered it to me last night. All I have to do is hem it all up. She is so concerned about the extra work she is giving me it makes me laugh. I told her it is just a straight stitch and she said no you said you are using some fancy stitch and that is a lot of work. Well sure it is I have to push a button. My mother hasn't sewed in 20 yrs or more and is so fearful of my sewing machine she won't even touch it. Funny thing is she is more talented than I could ever hope to be with a machine. I heard from DD that since I made the Hello Kitty dress for my GD that whenever Nana takes her anywhere she wants her to wear that dress and tells everyone her daughter made it. Too funny. Now to hope that she loves the quilt I am making her for Christmas. It was supposed to be for mothers day but I was sick. So Christmas it is. Oh yeah, now she wants her and Dad to buy me the new sewing machine as a b-day present because they didn't do much for my 40'th. So now I don't know what to do. Let them? Weird!

Have a wonderful day and Sandy is right, I miss Blondie and we all need to smile!

kensington
August 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I'm up... I'm up! My new counter top is being delivered and I am up! Been up. They said I was the 7:30 delivery. Of course I am! Well, It's 8:30 an no delivery in sight. LOL. But, coffee is done and I'm enjoying a cup of Kaluha coffee waiting. Listening to the news. Once that counter is here, I am headed to take my sons dress uniform to the NG Armory to him. Then, it's off to the PO to ship a quilt to the quilter. It's a cool cloudy morning here. Nice for sitting on the deck drinking coffee.

I guess I will head that way and wait on the truck to get here. I hope everyone has a nice day and gets a LOT of sewing done!!

CrazyMtnLady
August 8th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Good morning, been up for a while but as soon as I got online the electricity went off....argh! Lucky for me I have a stove top coffee percolator so I got my coffee. I called in the outage and it came back on about 45 minutes later. It is raining cats and dogs here again today...we have flash flood warnings all over the place. Some really bad flooding going on in the low places. I am really nervous about Daniel trying to get home over the weekend. There are a few low spots he has to drive through to get here. They are calling for more rain even into next week....enough already!!!!!

I got the bathroom cleaned yesterday and plan on vacuuming the rest of the house today. Then Daniel can come home and I can start putting the furniture and things in their places and get the house back in order. Once that is done I can relax and maybe get back to the sewing machine.

Hope everyone has a great day. For all those in the rainy areas...stay safe, don't drive in the low spots....as they say down here....turn around, don't drown!

Hugs and prayers to all.

kensington
August 8th, 2013, 11:03 AM
It does look very dreary here as though the rains could come at any moment. I hope you all stay dry. The counter is here and delivery truck is gone. Now on to the rest of the day.... Gonna check the weather, if it's going to pour down rain, I may not venture to far from home.

Love listening to it, watching it, from INSIDE the house. Stay dry everyone!

SallyO'Sews
August 8th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Reading everyone's morning greetings make me realize how busy we all are and how much our family, grandchildren mean to us. I wonder if our children know what gifts they have given us.

My mother bought fabric to make arm rest covers for her family room. She cut the fabric out and delivered it to me last night. All I have to do is hem it all up. She is so concerned about the extra work she is giving me it makes me laugh. I told her it is just a straight stitch and she said no you said you are using some fancy stitch and that is a lot of work. Well sure it is I have to push a button. My mother hasn't sewed in 20 yrs or more and is so fearful of my sewing machine she won't even touch it. Funny thing is she is more talented than I could ever hope to be with a machine. I heard from DD that since I made the Hello Kitty dress for my GD that whenever Nana takes her anywhere she wants her to wear that dress and tells everyone her daughter made it. Too funny. Now to hope that she loves the quilt I am making her for Christmas. It was supposed to be for mothers day but I was sick. So Christmas it is. Oh yeah, now she wants her and Dad to buy me the new sewing machine as a b-day present because they didn't do much for my 40'th. So now I don't know what to do. Let them? Weird!

Have a wonderful day and Sandy is right, I miss Blondie and we all need to smile!

Lisa, please let your parents bless you. Go back and re-read your first paragraph. You are as much a gift to your folks as your children & grands are to you. As you know, it's a joy to bless our children!

MayinJerset
August 8th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Late last night when everyone was asleep I washed the kitchen floor and straighten up the rooms so early this morning I could get out shopping and doing errands. Best laid plans etc., as I spilt my first cup of morning coffee on the kitchen table and floor, all the place mats were soaked plus I had to clean up the floor again. Might as well give in and skip my plans and do a load of towels with the placemats. With 3 more people in the house those used towels do pile up.

While DS#3 and kids are here I thought we would get together with DS#2 and his wife on Sunday afternoon for lunch, hinted strongly that we should go to their house but they replied, Great what should we bring? Even added that their DD and BF might come also.
DH said we should ask DS#1 and family too. Woke up during the night and realized I can't handle those big lunches or dinners any longer. DS#3 and kids would pitch in and help but that seems to make things more complicated. Think the best solution is to meet somewhere for lunch and come back to our house for dessert, that I can handle. We have several gift certificates for Bertucci's so I think that's where we will have lunch.

Been following the bad news about all the flooding and hope all our friends are doing OK.

Precious1
August 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Hello everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. Had gall bladder surgery yesterday. I'm doing great today. I'm grateful how medicine has advanced. I remember when my mom had hers removed, I may have been 8or 9 she had to stay in the hospital for a few days before they sent her home. I was registered at 8:45 am and was on my way home by 2:00 PM.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day wether its sun shining or raining.
@Lisa- Let your family buy you your beautiful birthday gift!! You deserve it for beings a daughter, a mom and grand mom. You have a giving spirit, that's why you feel a little guilty, but sometimes the only way the people can show you how much they love you is by giving you something you really want. Not to get preachy, but God's Word, says the more you give, the more will be giving to you. It's a blessing. God sees your hearts desire and he wants to bless you with it. Now, let us know which machine you got. My hubby surprised me and got me the Janome Horizone 8900.

cyndiofthevortex
August 8th, 2013, 01:15 PM
May, your post made me think of one of my favorite stories: A mom spent a long time washing her kitchen floor and by lunchtime she was pooped out. Her husband spoke sternly to the kids, "Hey everybody. Mom did a lot of work washing our kitchen floor. The first one who spills anything on it is going to spend an hour alone in their room!" Mom takes her cup of coffee, spills some on the floor and proceeds to walk up the stairs to her bedroom.

Today is going to be a great day! I am smiling.

shannonsaulter
August 8th, 2013, 01:52 PM
GM all!!! I have been trying to get back into the swing of thing but have been oh so tired and having problems readjusting after vacation..
I did finish my cousins matching pillow for her baby quilt and will mail it out next week...
I have officially been smoke free for 3 weeks today..no cigs or vapor...no nicotine for 5 weeks now..
Hope all is well and prayers for those in need...(((HUGS)))

pcbatiks
August 8th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Good mid-day everyone. I had a dreaded trip to the dentist.........just for a check up & cleaning..........but I hate going because I get so nervous. Barb crossed my mind while I was sitting there.........then I made myself think about my current quilt project. That helped a little.

Lisa......I agree with the others....let your parents buy you a sewing machine. You have mentioned before how close you are and how highly you think of them. I think your mom is proud of you because you are a seamstress like she was.

I plan to start tracing my applique pieces after I wash the red batiks today.

Enjoy your day!

Lisapc
August 8th, 2013, 02:42 PM
You are all so amazing. I think I am going to let them get me that machine. Maybe I can even get my Mom to give it a try. Thank you all for your nice comments. Giving isn't selfless though. I get so much joy from those I love I just love them more and more. Time to go tickle attack the 8 yr old boy that won't get off "MY COMPUTER". I think he needs to learn to vacuum.