PDA

View Full Version : wednesday hello

Blondie
March 9th, 2011, 07:34 AM
http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/valdezvargas/good-morning-1.gif

This will be a quick hi and bye
the drive to the hospital is a long one. Mom did fine.The surgery went better than we could have expected. Prayers sure were answered.
Be back later
blessings

quiltingtrish
March 9th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Great to hear that surgery went well and now prayers for an easy, swift recovery for her (and you).
Man - you sure look pretty good in the mornings, Blondie if that's you up there! LOL!

Not much on the agenda for today except work and hope to tackle some taxes tonight. Rains coming again and everyone is on flood watch. Fortunately our house has never been a problem but feel for others it may affect.

Hope the sun comes out for everyone today at some point.

Hugs,

debinmalaga
March 9th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Good morning, all! Signed in real quick before work to see if Blondie had updated us - so glad to hear Mom's surgery went well. Have a great morning, all!

middlesis1966
March 9th, 2011, 09:49 AM
PTL!!!! Im so glad to here shes doing good.

Monique
March 9th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Good to hear Blondie. Hope her recovery goes just as smoothly!

Not much today. Having a birthday lunch with some friends today. I am making lasagna and home made buns for her birthday which was a couple of weeks ago. Yum, yum!

Another storm coming today. 30cm of snow (12 inches) and then changing to rain. Now that could mean that I have nothing to do but quilt.

Well Happy Hump Day,

Monique

patticakes
March 9th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Hi all,
Blondie - Glad all went well for Mom! Continuing prayers for her recovery and your safe travel!
Trish - Hope you stay high and dry! Well - not sure about the "high"!
Paula - Hope you are still feeling good! I was happy to read you got to enjoy the "feast"!
Deb - Have a good day at work!
Monique - 12" inches of snow.....ugggh! Your birthday lunch sounds most delicious!

Owner of the store I managed called Monday to tell me things are very bad and we are in dire straits right now. Not just my store but the whole company. He asked me to cut another 15 hours a week (I've already cut 115 per month!) and there will be zero new merchandise coming in. The really stressful news was that he is trying to get the mall to lower our rent significantly and if they don't we will definitely be closing and will have to do so within ONE weeks time! The waiting to know is killing me. I just want this all over with as it has been hanging over my head for 2 years now. I am being proactive and packing up what we do not use and throwing away junk that has accumulated over the years. Yesterday I had a sinus headache with this weather and last night I also got a migraine so my head is throbbing! I know this seems crazy but pray that I find out soon that I can just close this chapter of my life and move on! BF has been pretty good because I think he has finally realized that the stress has really caught up with me. He told me it is time for him to take care of me because I have taken care of him for years. In the early years I paid all the bills when we first started living together so he is right about that. Since I was 17 I have taken care of myself and this would be the first time in my life I depended on anyone else to to that for me.
I feel like a broken, whiny record! Just want to let you all know I appreciate you letting me dump on you!
On the bright side, I have been building up my stash and will be able to quilt for months on what I have accumulated!
Today is the beginning of Lent and I have gave up carbs til Easter!
Singing - "the sun will come out tomorrow" :-)

debi weaver
March 9th, 2011, 11:24 AM
So good to have an update, Blondie! PTL Glad all went well. May you and your mom now get some much needed rest!
Monique - keep the snow where you are...please do not share! Happy lunch special! We are so ready for Spring! Loving the greens that are starting to show!Q Trish, sorry about the rain, but remember the sun is shining behind those clouds and will make itself known soon. I'm serving in the Day Care today and have 3 special boys (3 and (2)5's) and one brand new precious baby girl. I get to rock the baby while the boys play cowboy, pirate, and knights today! Parents are in training for overseas work. God's blessings on each of your days. Love, Debi

ginampls
March 9th, 2011, 11:43 AM
dear patticakes, please know that i am thnking of you... i have been threw the "Just want to move forward" sensations... and moving forward is work... but i can tell you for myself i now feel stronger than i have in years... i give you permission to move forward... the journey of recovery begins with action even if the action hurts other people, in the long run... i think it is best... only thing is... this is your decision. none of this is intentional... just this times we are in...

heading to my DD school to raise eyebrows... i want her tested for dyslexia. she told me kids are now teasing her because she is slow at math... breaks my heart kids tease my child in the first place... keeping it together and with my head held high... must dash off for now... see ya out here...

come tomorrow... there will be clouds... stick out my chin and grin and SAY>>>>

debinmalaga
March 9th, 2011, 11:44 AM
patticakes, what a stressful situation for you for sure! Hang in there, sounds like BF is totally supportive - that's great! We're here for you!

Sandy Navas
March 9th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Good morning, everyone!! I'm echoing all the well wishes, warm thoughts, praises and sending sympathies where needed. I'm thinking of Debi rocking that baby and wonder how long the boys will play without banging each other over the head with a plastic sword or tying each other up. I dealt with a 4 year old yesterday who threw herself on the floor at the library and screamed about 200 decibels because she didn't want to leave. Did you ever see the video on AFVs where the little boy throws a tantrum but when he finds no one is running he quits and tries to find where they are and then throws his little tantrum again? Nanas don't deal well with tears . . . don't kids realize everything should run smoothly?

Have a day all to myself today so I'm hoping to make some progress on the Zoe quilt that is in the frame. Maybe inspiration will come as I sit in front of it.

A funny to share - yesterday was Rita's 4th birthday (the library tantrum thrower). When I picked them up yesterday I told her "Happy Birthday, Honey." She gave me a solemn look and told me "It's not my birthday anymore, I've already opened my presents."

Lisaau
March 9th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Gina have you had. Your daughters hearing tested ?????????.... Reason l,m asking is because I was born deaf wasn't found until I was 6 ......Ihad an op to fix it maths has always been hard she might have some hearing loss

Shirley
March 9th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Blondie, So happy to hear all went well with your Mom. I was hoping you had a chance to give us an update. Thanks!! I will continue to have her in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Patticakes - Good luck with your job. I hope you have a resolution soon. The waiting and uncertainty is a real stresser!
Monique - lasagna and homemade rolls.....YUM!
Gina - So sorry about your daughter being teased. Kids can be so mean. Hope everything goes well. When our kids hurt - we do to!!! I still do and my girls are 40 and 33!!
Everyone have a great day! Look forwrd to coming back and hearing how everyone is doing.

LynneLeavell
March 9th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Blondie -glad things went well with you mom's surgery. Still praying she has a wonderful recovery.

Ginampls - Good luck at your daughters school. Hopefully they will test her.

Patticakes - Sorry to hear things are not going as well. Set back and let dear boyfriend baby you. Take care of yourself the rest will take care of itself.

Sandy - The mouths of Babes. We had our two grandsons Sunday while there mom and dad moved things out of my house, storage and into the house they are renting, the oldest grandson went up to my husband and said "Gamps look at your grandson". The youngest one was at the stairs pulling down the baby gate and about to head up. All my husband could do was just laugh. I miss them not being at night and first thing in the morning but at least now I can sew at night without guilt because the oldest one wants to cuddle.

Well we are in for a rainy day today all day until tomorrow morning. So stay dry and stay warm.

Happy quilting
Lynne Leavell

toggpine
March 9th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Hi everyone!
Blondie, glad to hear the news.
Gina: You are well within your rights to ask the school to test her for hearing, vision, and cognitive development. I had a hard time with math and didn't "get it" until I was in college. After dealing with my daughter's hearing loss and other things, it is amazing what the schools have to do to help them. BUT, you have to be the one that makes the school acknowledge that there is something wrong. They will try to shuffle them along, if they can, because specialized instruction can be expensive. It may be that your daughter just needs some extra help with parts of math, or she could have some serious issues. I found that if you come at it from trying to help your daughter find a solution to her problem, instead of being upset with the teachers, school, or district you get much farther. They are not so defensive, because you are not attacking them or the job they are trying to do.

Patti: I hope you get an answer one way or the other. My guess is that you will be closing the store. The owner has already had several close calls with eviction, and now it sounds like the vendors are no longer willing to send merchandise, which tells me that he owes them serious money too. Make sure that you and your staff cash your paychecks immediately, preferably at the bank where the account is. If you aren't getting paid, stop working for him! As my husband says, "My loyalty to this company is only good as long as my paychecks clear the bank!" He has been burned a couple of times by owners. Smart girl for building your stash! I do that with my fabric and my pantry! Fill 'er up when the times are flush so you can make it through the leaner times! It is coming in handy now!
I need to get off of here and get some house work done before I loose the whole day!
Take care!
Cathy

shawnan
March 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Just stopping by to say hello to everyone. Going to be a quiet day around my house. Last night I finished up the top for a wall hanging and think I'll take a short break before I quilt it. I do have plenty of other projects I can work on.

Glad to hear that things are improving health-wise for everyone. I also can report on the surgery end for my mom - actually no surgery in her future on her cataracts. At least not for a while, maybe eventually.

This evening we have Ash Wednesday services at church, which will start with a soup supper. Hurray!! No cooking tonight!!

Nancy

sally
March 9th, 2011, 05:01 PM
BLONDIE I am so glad it went well with your mom!
GINA I too was really bad at math...still am. Now I realize that I do have dyslexia in that area. I cannot do large sums in my head and to this day I still struggle with adding...still do the count with the dots system but I survived. I have a University degree just not in the math end of things...lol and hold a professional job. My dad taught me to play crib just to work on my math and did the flash card thing. In other words tell your daughter that it is okay and she will get through this...Sticks and Stones.
Snowed here AGAIN...ugghhhhh. Tonight is quilting night for Shauna. Got some material to finish my current quilt top. I am getting too many quilt tops and need to learn how to finish them. One I plan to stitch in the ditch but I sure would like to learn to machine quilt. Is it really hard? Do I need a fancy machine for this or will my reliable basic Kenmore be enough. I do have a vintage Featherweight. Should I use that instead. Also a while back someone's hubby built a quilting table to go on their machine. Does anyone have a plan for same. Would love to build one I sure it will help. Lots of questions. Hope you can help.
Hugs!

janluna
March 9th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Blondie so glad Mama came through with flying colors! Hope everyones day was a good one. I've been down all day with my back in spasms. A few have been hard enough to wrap around me and I can't get my breath. I hate when this happens. I did cleaning yesterday. Vacuuming and scrubbing floors and cleaning up my dogs. They needed shaving down. I think that's what got me. Cause I have to get down on the floor with them. I can't pick them up as they are big guys. Anyway I did too much like the dummy I am. I felt pretty good and just kept working instead of taking breaks. I'm paying through the nose for it now.
I have to go stir my stew and do my biscuits for dinner. Then back to bed and Joe doesn't know it yet but he's doing dishes. lol He doesn't mind, he is so good to me. He was willing to do dinner but I don't like his stew and he agrees, he doesn't like his stew either. LOL
Well ladies, I love you all. Blondie don't forget you need to rest too. You don't need a relapse of your flu you had. Tell Mama I'm praying for her and to take pain meds if she needs them. Did they do out patient or did they keep her overnight? Patti start taking your stuff home so you don't lose anything when they force you boss to close. I'm so sorry for you and your co-workers to have to be out of work at this time. Jobs are hard to come by. Well my stew awaits and so do the biscuits. See you later. Hugs, Jan

Monique
March 9th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Snow has started and will continue until sometime tomorrow. Lunch was fabulous and we had fun playing skipbo. Worked a little on my whole cloth quilt. I don't know if I will ever get this one done. There is a lot of work to hand quilting. I see all the projects that have been made by all here and am jealous of all of you (figuratively speaking). Oh well, a girl can daydream can't she?

Happy evening to all
Monique

ginampls
March 9th, 2011, 08:54 PM
thank for the advice.. the on;ly thing is we have donme that and also have had her tested for the usual culprit ADD ADHD, so she doesn't have this so the last thing is dyslexia... but makes me so mad they are telling me i need to have her privately tested... because their resources are stretched so thin there is no money... good thing i am moving... to a new district... but keeping Abbey in school for the rest of the year... so not sure if i shouyld test her or wait for the new school. they are chalking it up to behavior because she is a great speller and reader... so it is behavior... okay so if it was behavior why isn't her reading suffering???? @#$%^&*()....spit...

sewsoft
March 9th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Hello all, Just stopping in to say Hey. Take care